Benchmark Senior Living at Shrewsbury Crossings- Shrewsbury, MA

I think this senior living facility is awesome, and so hope to be able to get my mom in here in the near future. Upon arrival, it is very welcoming, and the staff and residents are all so happy.
They really took the time to review my mother's needs, and guided me to the whole process. In the end, it is at the top of our list for my mother.

On the Older Side

We took a tour of Benchmark Senior Living. I didn't think that the community was too bad. It was nice enough, but it is on the older side. We were hoping for something more up to date for our loved ones, so we decided to look at other communities.

Highly recommended!

My in-laws have an apartment together at Benchmark Senior Living. They have been doing very well since their move! I really appreciate the way the staff have interacted with me and taught me things about senior care. It has been a good experience and we are happy with our choice.

The staff sold us on this community!!!

The thing that impressed us the most about this community is the staff. The entire staff we met during the tour would greet us, the other staff members and the residents. The person that gave us the tour knew all the residents as well as something about them. Everyone seemed to enjoy their job. The food is good and it was presented nicely. They offer daily activities. The community is clean and I would recommend it.

Caring for My Mother Well

For the most it has been a pretty good experience for my mother here at this community. She has had a few set backs, but now she is back at the community recovering. I know she is being care for well, and she is in good hands. The staff have been good to work with for the most part. It is a well-kept, clean community. So far everything is working out pretty well, and I would recommend this community.

They Are Very Good

Everything is pretty good there. Sometimes I think some of the aides could do a little better with the laundry and housekeeping and such, but there are only a couple of little things like that. Otherwise they are very good. They keep us up to date on what is going on with my loved one. They take time to talk to you, they don't brush you off.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thank you for the kind words. Please call the Executive Director at [removed] so that we can address your concerns immediately. Individualized care is one of our hallmarks as we strive to meet the distinct needs of each resident.

Caring personel,

Our mother has never been happier!

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thanks! Please let us know if there is ever anything we can do for you and your family.

Nice looking place, but expensive

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. This place would have been our second choice. It's a beautilful, smaller facility, and the staff were all very very friendly. The care the provided here looked top notch, and all of their residents seemed well looked after. However, it was also one of the more expensive communities that we looked at.

Safe & caring environment with high standards

Shrewsbury Crossings (SC) management team's focus on providing a safe and caring environment for their residents was evident on our initial tour of the property and continues today, almost a year since Mom's move here. We were impressed by their resident care approach that includes physical, emotional and intellectual stimulation. Their standards for care are above the MA requirements and their aides take pride in how they deliver services. The entire team takes time to get to know the residents and families so that they can provide the best care possible, along with coordination of therapy, med management, etc. Monthly feedback forums for residents and family are provided to ensure that satisfaction with services delivered remains high and if any changes are needed, the management team is made aware and is able to make adjustments, if needed. Onsite physical/occupational therapy provided by Excella has been a key to Mom's regaining the ability to walk and to gain more independence in her daily living activities. The monthly calendar of activities provided by SC gives residents a chance to interact with each other, make new friends, stimulate their minds and to exercise. The food quality is very good and menus offer options each day for residents. Mom is very happy with her new home and our family feels secure knowing that she is comfortable and well taken care of by the SC team. Cost varies depending upon level of services needed. This approach makes sense to us and Mom.

Wonderful facility.

Wonderful facility.

Great overall, with a few issues

The overall care here is fine, the staff are attentive and friendly and respond quickly, but we've had a few issues and I don't feel like all of my mother's care needs are being met as best as they could be. Mom has a few health issues that require extra attention, and I thought the on-staff nurse would be able to help with them, but apparently the nurse is only for consultation purposes, not treatment. The staff are also more reactive than proactive, they're happy to respond to and fix any issue but they could do more to prevent them in the first place.
Overall I'm very happy with Shrewsbury Crossings, it's clean, friendly, and I sleep better at night knowing Mom is in good hands. There are some areas they could improve on, but I recommend it highly.

Great community

We've been very pleased with everything here so far. They take great care of Mom, the staff are all very friendly and helpful, and they keep her busy with plenty of activities. They do a Saturday van ride around town to a few locations that she seems to really enjoy. We did have one minor issue when it came to her care, but they resolved it quickly and were happy to make the changes we needed.

Size wise this was perfect ...

Size wise this was perfect however they did not provide any financial assistance when your funds are depleted.

full assisted living; compa...

full assisted living; companion living $2640/month; $4080/month pvt no dog in companion rooms (he thinks that's universal) full staff/ emergency response

70-residents [50-active; 20-memory]

70-residents [50-active; 20-memory]. 2-story 'open' layout with multiple common areas. Clean; Odorless; Activities (including onsite computer training) with residents participating &/or waiting to begin; Staff appeared engaging & friendly; Outdoor space with walking trail, flowers, vegtable garden - fall/spring high school sports nearby. Dining area for 'active' residents open & nicely furnished, food served restaurant-style [appeared appetizing]. PT services/space onsite. Multiple care levels available [3 of 18 points at no-charge]. Financial discussion detailed with suggested contact for VA-assistance; discounted offer for studio at base level guaranteed for 12-months. Price aside, under consideration.

Good visit. Felt the rooms were a li...

Good visit. Felt the rooms were a little dark. Good activities and food quality.

minimum 30 days respite

minimum 30 days respite

Residents of Shrewsbury Crossings enjoy the pleasure of a close-knit community, the privacy of a spacious apartment home, and the peace of mind that comes from knowing our staff is always available to cater to their individual needs. Our spacious assisted living apartments have room for favorite furniture and treasured belongings, and our activities, outings and community space provide a forum for new friendships, family visits, and comfort.

If you need help with daily activities, such as bathing, dressing and medication reminders, you'll enjoy a lifestyle that combines the services and amenities of a fine hotel with the personalized assistance and care you need to remain as independent as possible.

The Assisted Living lifestyle at Shrewsbury Crossings offers a personalized balance of assistance and independence. Enjoy the privacy of your own apartment and the support of our caring staff for anything you may need.