Serenity House Assisted Living Kit Carson - Centennial, CO

A Great Place for Mom

Our Mom needed a smaller facility and 24 hour care. We are thankful for everything Serenity House Kit Carson did for our Mom. The staff and other residents seemed like extended family to our family.

Michael Zislis

Thanks so much for providing your review and allowing us to provide assisted living for your family member.

Wonderful experience!

My loved one's stay at Serenity House is going fabulously! The facility is very clean and the staff is friendly and caters to my loved one's needs. Though my loved one doesn't participate in too many activities, there are options open for this. My loved one's only concern is that the quality of the food could be better. Overall wonderful experience!

Michael Zislis

Thanks so much for proving your review. We will reach out to all families and residents regarding the meals, snacks and hydration to get their input and suggestions. I will have the Director of Operations meet with staff responsible for meal preparation to insure high quality.

Mike Zislis

This facility was located on Hunter's Hill. [Removed], the contact/staff/manager reached out to contact us immediately - was very responsive. This facility was not conducive to [Removed] needs. Little socialization. Only female clients and staff was not at the skill level of the other locations. Activities were minimal. We went expecting to see lunch being served, but even when we left the facility at 12:30 - 12:45 pm the meal was just being prepared. And we weren't invited to stay to lunch with the clients. Also [Removed] had forgotten our appointment. At first we were told he wouldn't be able to see us and then he arrived 30 minutes into our visit.

Michael Zislis

Thanks so much for taking the time to provide your review. Our apologies for not getting to your tour on time. All of our employees receive training as required by the State Health Department as well as substantial additional training that we feel is valuable. Most of our homes have both female and male residents however there tends to be a greater proportion of female residents. Activities are designed for each facility taking into consideration the physical and cognitive challenges of each resident. And, each home will have varying degrees of socialization. Often homes that have residents with more advanced dementia tend to have less spontaneous conversation.

The owner went out of there way to accommodate my dad!!!!

My dad was only at this care home for a short time as they were not equipped to handle his needs. They only have one staff member during lunch. They do not offer meal choices as I was advised before he moved in. They cook the same thing for all the residents. My dad had trouble chewing and some stuff he did not care for. They did keep the community clean. .

Michael Zislis

Thanks so much for providing your review. Although we do a pre-admission assessment of all of our prospective resident's care needs, at times, an individuals health status changes may change significantly over a short period of time necessitating a different level of care. Kit Carson has two care staff on duty for the eight residents during the daytime which includes all meal times. Meals can be tailored to the resident's individual needs including food choice and consistency. We will do a systems review to insure that all of our resident's food choices /needs are addressed.
Best regards,
Mike Zislis

Poor evaluation in care needed. Understaffed.

They evaluated my Dad and accepted them into their facilities. We went through quite and ordeal to get him moved in because they did not have room at first, so we had to move him into one of their other locations until a spot opened up. After we finally got in, they decided a short time later they did not have enough staff to care for my Dad. The only way he could stay was if we paid for 24 hour care at an additional cost of $450 a day. We had to pay for the extra staff ourselves until we could find him a new home. This ended costing us thousands of dollars extra and a lot of stress and work for my brothers and mom. Even though the owner has a medical background, he did a poor job of evaluating and then made us pay for his mistake. They are understaffed at their locations. Very unhappy with the experience and would not recommend.

Michael Zislis

Thanks for providing your feedback. We too are sorry that your father was not able to be successfully cared for at Kit Carson. In spite of behavioral redirection, medical management and family support, the challenging behaviors continued to be significant. We were not aware of the extent of these behaviors when doing the pre-admission assessment and it is possible that it was simply a progression of the disease process. We have a 1 to 4 staff to resident ratio; additional private duty staff was required in order to provide one-on-one supervision for your father to insure the safety of all of the residents during the transition. We hope that your father is comfortable and doing as well as can be expected.

Mike Zislis

Clean. Pleasant home environment. Snacks Galore! Want more info on possible outings. I've only seen and spoke to them once, therefore the 4 stars.

Michael Zislis

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your review. Please contact us any time if you would like more information on our social and recreational activity program.
Best wishes.

Mike

I think the Serenity House has the b...

I think the Serenity House has the best care for the elderly as their needs change. My Mom was living in one of the homes because she had dementia. Then she fell and broke some bones and after that was confined to a wheelchair. Then she was moved to a 24 hour care home which she needed. Both of the homes took wonderful care of her and you could tell that they cared about her more than just a resident.
I was always impressed with all the different events they would do with them in the house to make them feel special. I couldn't haven't asked for a better place for my mother to live and be watched after when she could no longer take care of herself. It made things much easier for me because I knew she was in good hands.
If you are looking for a place that will give your loved one the atmosphere of a home instead of a large facility, I would recommend Serenity House.

Michael Zislis

Hi Dee- Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your review. It was an honor and a privilege to care for your mother.
Best wishes.

Wonderful!

My dad and uncle both live at there. They were originally at anothe Serenity House but had to move to this one for 24 hour care. Serenity House has been extremely accommodating. I've got to give them high marks for all their patience. I didn't expect that they were going to pack my dad's and uncle's things when they moved from one Serenity House to another. When I go there they had them all packed up! They have great caregivers and are wheelchair accessible. Michael, the owner, is so accommodating. They've made it wonderful for us!

Michael Zislis

Hi Jeff-Thank you so much for the opportunity to care for your father and uncle as well as taking the time to provide your review. Best wishes.
Mike

Serenity House Assisted Living, winner of the State Health Department “Best Practice” award is one of the largest residential care home providers in Colorado. With 16 homes in the Denver metropolitan area, Englewood, Centennial, Lakewood, and Littleton, Serenity House is in the unique position of being able to offer its residents the best of all worlds----a small, intimate residential living environment along with the policies, procedures, structure and stability that come with having 120+ total beds.

Serenity House, which has been in business since 1998, is operated by Michael Zislis, PT, a licensed physical therapist with over 30 years of experience in rehabilitation. Serenity House has the full spectrum of assisted living services available, including assistance with mobility, medications, incontinence management, personal hygiene, meals, laundry, housekeeping and hair care services. All of the homes are wheelchair accessible and have on-call in house physician and nursing services.

Serenity House is uniquely positioned to provide its residents with a variety of activities that are designed to be enjoyable as well as to enhance independence. Our award winning Activity Director and her staff organize both in-home activities and community outings in the Company’s new fully accessible 15 passenger bus. Each of the homes has a computer station with internet connectivity, a vegetable/flower garden and large screen HDTVs with gaming systems for the enjoyment of our residents.

Inquire now and become a member of the Serenity House extended family.