Serenity Homes - De Forest, WI

Serenity doesnt do give the place any justice

The facility is huge and has a great community environment quality. The staff and doctors are very informative,

Highly recommended

The place is very nice. You could talk to the staff when needed. They were very friendly and they would talk to you. He was very happy there. They kept him clean and neatly shaved I would definitely recommend Serenity Homes.

I got to talk to some residents, who said it was nice.

They have a community cat. The rooms are very spacious. I got to talk to some residents, who said it was nice. The staff was very nice as well. I was unable to choose this community because of the cat.

Good management

As best I can tell, after such a short amount of time, this facility seems very well managed under Bethany Firkus. The staff appear to be well trained and up to the task of dealing with the behaviors which accompany dementia.

Horrible place, needs a lot of time and money

I was just appalled at what I saw there. The cleanliness, the furniture was just horrific, there's a horrible alarm when you first come in, no matter if you have a key or not. It's a deafining alarm and the manager said they were trying to get someone to come in and fix it. The residents were all sitting in a catatonic state, maybe they're just that far gone, but there was nobody in there working with them. I tried to talk to them and got one look, there was just a cold, institutional feeling. I was standing looking out the window and the sun was coming through onto some empty chairs and the smell coming from those chairs was horrible.
It needs a lot of attention and I think they know that but they aren't getting enough money. The picture on the brochures showed these nice flower beds and they're really filled with weeds. There were so many "we're going to... we've got plans to..." it just didn't feel right and that alarm! I had to cover my ears and it was just 15 feet from several residents rooms. I could see it going off if there was in intruder, but even if you have a key it goes off.

Bethany Firkus

I'm sorry you felt this way. I assure you that cleanliness is a top concern for us and we take pride in having a clean community that is odor-free. We also have an activities program that is continuing to improve and become more evolving. We have started a morning exercise program called "Movement is Medicine" that includes various morning exercise activities followed by healthy fresh fruit smoothies made in-house daily. We have an exceptional care team that is very friendly and Resident-Oriented. Our care team enjoys getting to know our residents and what they like/dislike. We work primarily with Resident who have Dementia/Alzheimer's so our alarm system is for the safety of our residents. We have the alarm system in place to know when the doors are opened to alert our care team if one of our residents would decide to leave unattended. Again, my apologies that you felt this way when you came to tour. I assure you we take pride in our community and the care we give to our residents.

Serenity Homes is located in the Village of DeForest, just north of Madison. The facility is compromised of two homes of 15 beds each, with different levels of care so residents are able to age-in-place without the disruption of another relocation.

If you are old enough to remember life in the 40’s or 50’s, a simpler time of life, you would feel right at home here at Serenity Homes. A time when socials, picnics, working together, spending more time with family and friends, or just counting the stars in the sky brought joy and peace to our lives.

We strive to provide needed care along with engaging activities and field trips to help the residents enjoy the senior years of their life. Our life enrichment programs are led by our experienced staff. Assisted living provides the opportunity for companionship and interaction with other residents which would not be available in a home setting.