Serenades by Sonata - Memory Care at The Villages - The Villages, FL

Staff

When we first moved our family member to Serenades it was outstanding and continued that way until September 2017. Since then the care staff was reduced. Followup from all staff is non existent. The lack of care has dwindled. Team [removed] is no longer involved with the activities. Some of the newer residents should be there as their needs/actions require a higher level of care. There are some very caring aides, unfortunately they are overworked. What was once outstanding, is now in a tailspin and needs corrections.

A Community I Would Recommend

Everything is working out pretty well for my in laws with their move to this community. It is a very nice place, and we are comfortable with their move here. We know they are safe, and in good hands. The staff is good, it has been a good experience working with them. I would recommend this community to my friends,and family.

Loved it, is was perfect, small, just memory care and very homey feeling. The entire concept was great and I think we will go with this one

5 STARS

Amazing care throughout the building, the caretakers have become family. I suggest this community all of the time to anyone that asks. 5 STARS

Great Facility for Dementia Residents of all levels!!

Serenades by Sonata is by far one of the best Dementia focused facilities out there. They go the extra mile and make sure that residents are treated with with the respect and compassion they deserve. I recommend this facility highly and without reservation.

Visiting a friends family member

By far the best community in the Villages. The at home feeling you get when you walk through the building & the smaller neighborhoods is by far the best feature. They are able to provide more one on one care for the residents. The staff seemed extremely pleasant, and all the residents seemed engaged with there daily activities. The food was wonderful as well. Definitely would recommend to anyone I come across who is dealing with a loved one that has Alzheimer's or Dementia. This is the place to be!

The Best In The Villages!

This is the by far the best memory care community located in The Villages! The staff are very well trained and the communication is the best between management and the family members. We feel blessed to have our loved one as a resident at this community.

Seems like a nice place so far

My loved one has only been here a short time, but so far our experience has been a good one. The place has looked nice when I visited, and the staff seem friendly and helpful.

Home is best option for me

Very nice looking facility, unfortunately I moved my wife out!! it is not what they lead you to believe, staff changes nursing changes, poor operation, no communication on resident well being, Director was great then disappeared, staff are always complaining, cost was not any different from other memory care, prefer home care than this any day.

Dell Richards

We are so sorry you had a bad experience during the administrative change over. We are fully staffed with an experienced wellness director and executive director that has brought stability and continued superb resident care to our community.

Management Staff

Brooke Ellis

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback. I am very sorry to hear that your experience was not in line with Sonata's principles. Unfortunately, a change in leadership at the community was necessary to improve the operations and overall experience for our residents and their family members. I am confident with our new Executive Director and Wellness Director; Serenades by Sonata at The Villages will continue to put the needs of our residents first and foremost. I welcome to hear more from you should you like to discuss your experience further to help us better understand how we can continue to improve our quality of services. Please feel free to contact me at our home office at [removed].

Brooke Ellis
Regional Director

a great place for mom

Serenades is a housing and medical facility... critical for my mother and her needs. she was just moved here. I give it 5 stars. the place has all kinds of fancy stuff, including jacuzzis and hair salons and the staff is very nice. the clinic right there, makes it very convenient. There is nothing else like it anywhere else and their prices are very affordable. around $4500 a month. the last place we were, they charged twice that much and it was horrible But Serenades is a great place for mom!

An Extremely-Satisfied Customer/Family Member

An unexpected situation arose with my father requiring help for three to four months. Polly and Jan were most helpful getting him situated on short notice. The attention given my father while there was outstanding. We actually saw him improve in mobility, speech, and cognitive function while in their care. When it came for him to move on, despite 'losing' a customer/resident, everyone at Serenades was gracious and appreciative of the time they had with Dad. I cannot thank the entire staff enough and have offered my contact information to them for anyone considering moving a loved one there.

Very Pleased

I am so happy to have found Serenades for my mother who has severe dementia. I love that it is so close to my home in The Villages and I can stop in anytime to visit. The staff and caregivers are always friendly and happy to communicate with me what is going on with Mom and even share some of the funny things she says. They are so kind and patient with the residents, I honestly don't know how they do it.
I love the Lifelong Learner's Program, 3 times a day to keep their minds stimulated. What a great concept!
I like the size of the facility ad the way it is laid out with the lovely courtyard in the middle. Everything is well maintained and beautifully furnished. ALL STARS

Wonderful facility! Great leadership and staff

All 6 Stars! I am so pleased with Serenades. The Executive Director, and all the staff are so caring and helpful, including the cleaning and facility personnel. The nursing staff, and the CNA's are so kind and gentle with my dad. I know through no fault of his own (it is the disease) my dad can be difficult at times, but the staff is so patient with him, and very understanding. I feel we have excellent communication with the staff, and are kept informed of his health on a consistent basis. The facility is immaculate, and not only do they take into consideration the residents comfort, but they also ensure the visiting families are comfortable and welcomed at all times. I am thrilled we found such a wonderful home for dad.

It's been pretty good so far. Communication is the biggest issue.

It's been pretty good so far. It's beautifully kept. The staff overall is very good, very welcoming and super friendly. There is a little bit of a lack of communication, we try to ask for things and suddenly no one is there. They seem to have plenty of entertainment. I would just like to see a little better communication. We chose them based on the friendliness and the level of activities. They go and get them for activities.

Above and beyond

I’d give them a six! They’re just above and beyond! They’re sixes on every category. Everything about it is over and above what we’ve expected or seen in other facilities. Not only are they attentive, capable, and professional, but they are also caring. The food was fabulous.

Serenades by Sonata at The Villages is an award winning purpose built memory care assisted living community that opened in December 2013. Recognized by the Assisted Living Federation of America's Best of the Best for our program and design, Serenades residents enjoy a home-like environment while assisted with their personal care needs by certified nurse's assistants and licensed nurses on staff 24 hours a day. Through our partnerships with families, we are dedicated to caring for those living with Alzheimer's and dementia in a secure environment. Our Lifelong Learner's Program provides resident's with intellectual, researched programs for all cognitive levels that create daily moments of brilliance.

Our community consists of three neighborhoods staffed with consistent caregivers and we have an internal courtyard for residents to explore with raised gardening tables, walkways and water features.

Located in The Villages, our community is easily accessible from CR 466 and Belvedere Blvd (across from Publix Shopping Center), next to the Library.