Sentinel Pointe- Grand Rapids, MI

• Exercise
  • Massage Therapy
  • Grocery Shopping / Errands

Best we saw so far, friendly staff that do the extras to make residents and family feel welcome. It was clean and spacious with lots of little extras, like a TV room with recliners and blankets, just like a home movie theater. I loved the restaurant feel of their meals.

Kathryn Kirchner

We are pleased you enjoyed your time here with us and appreciate your feedback so we know what we are doing right! That Annex room is our new favorite space here with that 75" Television and surround sound!

Very Happy

My in laws have settled in and seem to be very happy here. My father in law is taking advantage of getting his strength back in the fitness center he is walking on the treadmill. I am not in the state so I"m not completely sure as to what activities or social events they may or may not be done they haven't mentioned anything. As far as the food goes that has been an adjustment for them. My father in law is a wonderful cook so they are having to get used to someone else cooking styles. The dining room offers 2 seatings and from what they have mentioned if you go to the later one you risk them of running out of something and substituting it with something else. The staff has been very nice and welcoming. I have not heard of any complaints about the housekeeping not being done so I am assuming that is going well.

Kathryn Kirchner

Thank you for the feedback, it is a struggle when you are out of state/town and rely on phone conversations only to know your loved ones are happy and taken care of.
Please let your Father in law know that if he has favorite recipes that our Chef, David Snow would be happy to incorporate those into our Menu's from time to time, we love new ideas, tried and true recipe's are always a hit!

Sometimes our specials are very popular from day to day, just like at any restaurant and we do run out of the special. To assist with this we post the specials every week on Monday morning, those can be found posted at the front desk and also by the dining room entrance near the hostess stand. Your in-Laws can also pick up a copy of those specials at the front desk from Nancy. In order to ensure they get the special they are interested in we do highly recommend that residents arrive on time for their reservation, if simply ordering off the robust menu they can be a little more lax on the timing.
We love that our specials are so popular and we are always looking for ideas on new foods for our residents to enjoy! As an aside, if you would like to be more involved in the day to day happenings, including activities, pictures, alerts (weather, power outages etc..) and Menus - Please send an email to me at [removed] and I will send the private invite to our Residents and Family Facebook Page.

Again - thank you so much for the feedback
Katie Kirchner, Executive Director

Thankful

I give this a 4 star because, my in laws have moved in and they seem to be very happy. I was there to help them move in and everyone was very helpful. My experience with some other places as this has not been the same. Your staff is not just doing their job, they are seeming to live it. Thank you.

Sentinel Pointe best place for our mom!

Dad passed away earlier this year in Chicago. His last words to us were to bring mom to Michigan to be near the family. After scheduling a tour and meeting with the staff at Sentinel Pointe, I knew this was the community for mom. Once she made the decision to move, the staff at Sentinel Pointe immediately focused on her needs; both emotionally and physically. This touched our hearts deeply. The amenities are endless; making the lives of all their residents worry free. Her apartment is beautiful and we are so comforted knowing she will be taken care of in the most loving way. Thank You to all the staff at Sentinel Pointe!

I enjoy living here!

The food at Sentinel Pointe is good. They offer a lot of activities and trips. The staff have been good for the most part. They keep the community clean and I would recommend it.

Kathryn Kirchner

Thank for the wonderful feedback!

My parents really seem to like the room and the people working there

Very cheerful staff and res...

Very cheerful staff and residence, very good price, and alot of activites.

Good possibility

Nice place. Good range of options, ages of residents, and friendly personnel. This is a good possibility.

Weekly housekeeping. Have balcony or...

Weekly housekeeping. Have balcony or porch, grounds look nice, wooded area. Limited hours for meals. Dining room looked nice. Room sizes are large. Very apt. oriented. Nice but not top 3

Sentinel Pointe is a rental community that does not require a buy-in or long term lease.

Residents are able to age in place by adding on assistance, including physical therapy and hospice, in the comfort of their own apartment.

Every apartment at Sentinel Pointe includes emergency call system, kitchenette, patio/balcony, walk-in closet, utilities, and weekly housekeeping with bed linen service.

The Tree Top Grille Room serves three daily meals with variety of menu selections and can accommodate some special dietary needs.

A full calendar of events and outings planned monthly, and group transportation is provided.

Sentinel Pointe Retirement Community offers a worry-free lifestyle in a fun, friendly atmosphere that you will love to call home!