Heather Hills Retirement Village - Grand Rapids, MI

It Is Good

I like living at this community. It is a nice place for me. My family lives close to me and that helps. My daughter also lives here so I feel better staying close to her.

It's been excellent.

It's been excellent. We have been very happy with them. There have been no complaints about food or activities, or anything else. I would give them a five.

Overall we are very, very happy.

Overall we are very, very happy. My parents are happy with it. They love the food and activities. They have helped with any issues that have come up. They have been very responsive to any requests or accommodations. I would rate them between a four and five. We have been very happy with it.

Caring, safe & dignified environment, dedicated staff - this has been & continues to be a wonderful place for my Mom.

Excellent all Around

The staff is very happy. The residents are very happy. You can see when they are walking, smiling and the grounds are very beautiful, flowers and green. It's just very nice. The food is very good too. I have meals there with my mother. They are very attentive. They bring the food and they have a menu that the residents can choose from what they want to eat. It's just very nice. I highly recommend it!

The property seems really nice. My...

The property seems really nice.

My mother has her own room. It's been painted, and carpeted, and you can do other decorations. The hallways always seem clean.

I think they're relatively inexpensive for as much as they do.

There are some things that I wish were a little bit better, but that's inherent in all of them.

They have bingo, sometimes they bring in music. They decorate with holiday decorations. They do their best, I think it's pretty nice, actually.

If my mom doesn't show up for dinner, they call to ask if she is alright. This takes a big load off of our minds. It is an independent living situation. She has a bedroom and living room, no kitchen.

I think this place is great! My grand...

I think this place is great! My grandma lives here and receives the Village Care services, I couldn't ask for better staff helping take care of her every day. The staff is always nice and very helpful. The Administrator and Director of Nursing do an excellent job and are very educated with working with the elderly. I would highly recommend this facility to anyone looking for a place for their loved ones.

I would highly recommend it!

It's excellent all around. The staff is very friendly. Everyone there is very happy and that includes the residents. The grounds are very beautiful and the food is great. I have meals there with my mother once in a while and the staff is very attentive.

this place is terrible. 18 year olds ...

this place is terrible. 18 year olds taking care of residents. no medical education besides a 2 week cna course.the director of nursing is very unorganized and spacy. She is no where to be found at nights. I think they need more staff.

My mother-in-law moved in 1 week ago....

My mother-in-law moved in 1 week ago. The staff has been wonderful making her feel at home and helping to introduce her to others. Village Care nurse is exceptional and has been great working with Mom.
It is a lovely community that is perfect for her needs.

Heather Hills

The community is wonderful. Very warm and inviting residents and staff. The facility in general could use a little updating, but to be honest I think most of the residents like it a little "old fashioned". It is a bit worn in areas. The food, however, is excellent. Freshly made entrees and a great variety and plenty of it. The activities also abound with many options to fit all lifestyles.

Should seperate different care needs

I wouldn't have my mother here, the AC is in the hallways but not the rooms. The people that live there, ya, they do get cold but what about when the weather changes? The dining room is a nightmare, if you have any sense of style. Its the gaudiest red carpet you've ever seen in your life and it has an antique-y pattern , its a big big room with a whole bunch of these tables in it, they bring everybody in, no matter how your care needs are so you had a lot of people who needed a lot of help with people that didnt and it was just distracting for the peopel who didn't need help. They don't enjoy eating in that room and I don't blame them. Then in the halllways there are people sitting out there that don't really seem to know what's going on, which is fine, but they should have certain hallways for certain needs patients so that you can communicate with like people and communicate on the same level.

Met with director and they gave an aw...

Met with director and they gave an awesome tour. She thinks the rooms are too small.

Heather Hills is unique in many ways. Our whole building is independent living with assisted living services. We have “Village Care” which is part of Heather Hills but works like a home health company. As resident care needs go up, so does our care for them without them having to move. We go right to their apartment to assist them with whatever needs they have. Typically when a resident moves into Heather Hills, they don’t need to move again. We can care for them right through end of life in their same apartment.The Village of Heather Hills is a social environment with a medical background.