Insignia of Savannah - Savannah, GA

Patient Transitons Director

The new Director of Nursing, [name removed] and Executive Director, [name removed] breathes new life into Insignia of Savannah. The staff truly cares about the residents and staff. I highly recommend Insignia of Savannah to anyone looking for an Assistant Living Facility.

Super community!

We toured several communities when looking for my uncle and this was my first pick.The place is super and well managed. It's a smaller community but we were impressed. Unfortunately, around the time of searching there was no availability and we chose another community.

Caring & Accamodating

Our family appreciated the warm and loving environment for my mom. They were accommodating to her needs and our desires for her wellbeing. The room she was placed in was quite small, but actually was fine for her.
We found [Removed] to be very helpful in every aspect as we approached this new stage of life with mom.
The one thing I would say is that the facility seemed quite cluttered with many decorations up. I suppose it is for the comfort and/or interest of the residents, but it seemed to me to be more confusing.

first two week review

well my mother has only been there for 2 weeks but what I have seen was far I'm not very happy with. it seems there's a communication problem between the Executive Director and other members of the staff. also on the week ends it seems like there's too little supervision going on come take times takes three or four rings to get the door answered and it seems people are just sitting in the lobby totally unattended. I really think they need to have a manager on duty program or something similar where there's always management on board on the weekend. my mother's room has not been clean on several occasions I've had to go get somebody to empty her trash bring her towels etc also there has been some problems with a couple of the patience my mother has a fear of two of them and I certainly see why ! I've been told that there may be some changes there so hopefully things will get better

Things are going well.

Things are going well. The staff is very friendly, and they keep the community nice and clean. They are responsive, and attentive, and they have some good activities to choose from. There are no complaints about the food, and I can't really think of any areas that need to be improved or done better. All in all they are doing good.

Great place for people with memory care needs

I love the building and all the surroundings. It's light and airy with lots of windows, courtyards and open sitting rooms for the residents to enjoy. I had lunch there one day. It was delicious. My husband hasn't had any of the outbursts that he was having at the last place.
He seems to be content although it's hard to figure out what he is thinking since he doesn't verbally communicate much. The staff is very friendly and helpful.
My husband has only been there a week but i think he seems to be comfortable.
And, it only serves residents with memory care needs. It is not an assisted living facility although some of the residents appear to be able to physically take care of themselves.

So Far So Good at Savannah Cottages

To date I am very pleased with the staff and facilities at Savannah Cottage. The Cottage is a memory care facility, however they accepted my mother who is a speech impaired stroke survivor. She has been embraced by the staff and the residents and it seems to be a really good fit for her. I am very pleased with the attention she receives from the staff and how the residents have taken her into their small community.

Ashley Magill

Thank you for choosing Savannah Cottage. We thank you for your feedback in regards to your experience with our staff and residents. We are pleased to hear that your mother is adjusting well in her new home.

Insignia of Savannah offers senior living in Savannah, GA for those with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of memory loss. Savannah is the perfect town for a secure Alzheimer’s care residence where you will find a comfortable climate, friendly neighbors, a multitude of shopping opportunities and state of the art medical facilities. The City of Savannah is 274 years old and offers noted beauty, interesting history and true southern charm. Specifically known for its sophisticated yet easy living life-style, Savannah attracts many age groups, including retirees.