Santa Barbara BH - Miami, FL

Santa Barbara BH is located in sunny Miami, Florida. We pride ourselves on offering comprehensive care for seniors over the age of 55. As an assisted living facility, we provide residents with a multitude of features and amenities to ensure their golden years are happy, healthy, and fulfilling. Residents may choose one bedroom, studio, or semi-private living quarters and enjoy indoor and outdoor common areas for socialization and communal activities. We also offer the added bonus of providing meals for our residents at no extra cost as well as free transportation around town. We are known for providing exceptional comprehensive care custom tailored to each individual residentÆs needs. Among our highly trained, compassionate staff are nurses who are awake and on call 24 hours a day to respond to and assist with any emergencies. We also have a separate, secure unit devoted entirely to our memory care program, which utilizes the latest technology to ensure the safety and wellbeing of residents living with AlzheimerÆs disease or dementia. Because we offer various levels of care, residents with increasing needs can receive the greater care they require without undergoing the upheaval and expense of moving to another facility. Santa Barbara BH seamlessly combines community amenities with a full spectrum of care options for our residents. With a knowledgeable and caring staff, abundant communal activities and socialization opportunities for residents, and quality care at all levels, Santa Barbara BH has everything you and your loved ones need!

Wonderful Staff!

The staff that offered the tour of Santa Barbara BH were very friendly and courteous. They were very easy to work with and they did a wonderful job showing me around. They addressed all of my concerns knowledgeably. The community is a little older but it is maintained well.

My Mom's care

IAM very pleased with the care my mother receives at Santa Barbara. The staff is friendly, the facility is clean, the owner is always available,and most importantly my mother is cared for. I thank each and everyone there for their service and caring.

I Really liked the ALF and services.

I want to thank both the owners at Santa Barbara ALF, for providing the most tranquil, peaceful and endearing place for my father to live in. I have to admit...my father is rather difficult....but they have the EXPERIENCE that is needed to make sure he is happy as can be on a daily basis and I am so but so grateful for that. Thank you.

We were very at ease leaving our loved one at Santa Barbara. They always kept us up to date with all medical conditions and with all conditions that may arise. The staff and the owners kept a very close relationship with us and made our situation very comforting. We had a lot of peace of mind while our loved one was under their care.

YESENIA GARCIA

Thanks again Lyli for all the trust you invested in us to care for your loved one. At your service always. Thanks again.

Mami

We had to place my mother in Santa Barbara urgently because her other home Oasis was not providing the care food or services. The owners at Santa Barbara are amazing and on top of everything. Vivian and Yesi are really great and always respect the families wishing in order to protect the patient. The home is impeccably clean and the employees always have a pleasant smile and accommodate all their patients needs. Luisito, the manager where my mom was, is excellent. My mother unfortunately passed away on 03/06/16. Yesi could not have been kinder, I was notified immediately and was even allowed to say my goodbyes. My mother was the love of my life and her leaving us was hard and will continue to be hard. Thanks to Santa Barbara her last few months were pleasant, she was clean, well fed and looked after.

I want to thank the staff and management for all their kindness.

YESENIA GARCIA

Thank you dear. It was a pleasure helping you and your family throughout one of the most difficult transitions in a loved ones life. I appreciate your words, your kindness and time you put into the wonderful message you shared about our services so that everyone else can benefit from. Thanks a million. xoxo

Positive Experience

The service we received at Santa Barbara was very comforting at our time of need. Our loved one was very well taken care of and we were always kept aware of all medical follow ups as well as any conditions that may have arisen. The staff and owners kept a very close relationship with us and always made sure we were at ease. Very happy with the service we received from these lovely individuals.

YESENIA GARCIA

Thank you Lyli for all your kinds words. We strive to do the best we can to provide the residents with peace and tranquility. The staff love the residents like family and that is the key to having a harmonious ambiance, which is what they need. Thanks again for trusting us with your loved one.

First impressions are invaluable. We were greeted at first on our first visit by the owners of the care home and they in turn introduced us to the staff -- all smiling and casual yet very professional; a feat not always easy to achieve.

Both owners are hands on with any type of issues.
The care services are meeting our expectations at this time.

It's an overwhelming process and both owners made it as smooth and precise as possible.

We have both of our parents there. It's comforting to know that there are still professionals out there that truly care about the emotions of others.

YESENIA GARCIA

Thank you Ondina for your kind words. Thanks again for trusting us with BOTH your parents. They are very happy and with the tranquility they need, most importantly. Take Care.

There is BETTER !

Pretty clean. But honestly , I did not like the house inside at all it looked depressing . Also, the area was not very good. I think doing a little research you can find a better home for your family member for the price ! I found for my mother a facility that was a lot nicer and spacious. It has a large terrace with furniture and a huge large yard with fruit trees in a very nice gated community ! Her room is private with an extra sitting area for guest. For less than this facility ! And the staff is amazing they worked with me to accommodate her. She is VERY happy ! Your family member deserves the best !

YESENIA GARCIA

Everyone has an opinion and most people love it. We were nominated BEST ALF in 2016. We are 1 block away from Coral Gables, 5 minutes from Miracle Mile, and 3 blocks from what use to be Miracle Center. The area is great. I'm sorry you couldn't afford our rates. Hope your mom is well.

Nancy

Great Facility!!! I've taken the time to read all the reviews which have been helpful. I've shown up by surprise several times and they do have activities. They play dominoes and exercise coordination activities as well for those who have Alzeimhers and dementia. However, there are residents who have their own preferences as far as what they liked to do on their free time. [Removed] I have had the best experience during this change of household for my mother. And to be honest, it went great for me. Elderly enjoy relaxing, others reading a book, others crossword puzzles, and some like to go out to the courtyard area which I've witnessed several times as well. I visited the place like 8 times before placing my mother there and I am EXTREMELY confident and sure I made a great decision. I go by everyday and have also enjoyed the dealings with the owner. She is young, like 33 years old, but has a great staff and tons of experience and that is what I want for my mother. Peace and tranquility. My mom is very well taken care of and I am thankful.

YESENIA GARCIA

Thank you Nancy for your kind words and feedback. I truly appreciate it.

I LOVE THE STAFF AND OWNERS

I had my father in this facility for mannnyyyyyyy years. He was always maintained clean, well fed, and was always given love. The employees genuinely love the residents and treat them like family. It is also veryyyyy clean. Their clothing is washed daily, as well as, their linens, they are properly groomed and their living areas are spotless. As far as the owners, Yesi is great. She helped me throughout the entire transition making all the problems I had encountered on my own disappear by she took care of every detail needed to make the transition for the one person I love more than myself , which is my dad, full of ease and free of missions. I will be forever thankful.

YESENIA GARCIA

Thank you William. I highly appreciate your words and feedback. We try very hard to accommodate everyone as best as possible and see to it that everything is intact and in place for the benefit of your loved one.

Its just OK !

Its Ok ,not the greatest ! I feel the facility needs more activities for the elderly and more space. But it is clean .

YESENIA GARCIA

Regarding the activities, we provide the activities, but it is against the law to force anyone to do what they don't want to do. Elderly residents don't have the same energy as someone in their 50's, therefore, the activities that they enjoy are of less physical energy required. Elderly residents enjoy puzzles, reading the newspaper, magazines, hand-eye coordination exercises, etc. We also provide a community list of activities that is also offered nearby for whomever is interested.

Beware !!! This assisted living facility is NOT good owner [removed] is very tricky! She told me that my mothers coverage would cover semi-private room and tried to charge extra at the end went to visit 3 times only finding being promised a different room and price! At the end she did not except my mother in the facility ! But I did notice that the elderly is always medicated ! And all put to sleep by 6 Pm . Not good God does things for a reason ! I really do not understand the good reviews! People should really take the time to visit quite often to notice how they do things.

YESENIA GARCIA

I completely disagree. The only reason why there is peace within my facility for all the residents and staff is because I make sure that nothing disturbs it. Moving a family member to a residential facility is a big decision for any family and as a company we are NOT going to allow for anyone to drop off their mother without giving her full disclosure that she was going to permanently live there, which would have only caused her emotional instabilities. We don't conduct business that way. Next time you go visit any other ALF to admit your mom, do not omit information that is vital for a successful admission. Regarding the time residents decide to go to sleep is completely up to each individual and the need they have to rest on that particular day. Regarding their medications, our job is to assist with medications exactly as doctors prescribe them and we do....and many families do show up at random times every single day which have had their loved one under our care for minimum over 5 years. I'm sorry you were upset that we couldn't admit your mom under your terms and conditions. Hope she is well.

Santa Barabara

Santa Barbara is a very welcoming and warm home. I couldn't have chosen a better place for my mother. The care takers are amazing and the owner, Yesenia, manages to ALWAYS go above and beyond for her! I feel at ease knowing shes in this facility which to both, my mother and I, its just as if she is right at home with her loved ones.

YESENIA GARCIA

Thank you for the kind message. I try my best to do as much as I can for my residents. They are loved and appreciated every single day.

Professional and Clean

My mother is at the facility and i can only say nothing but wonderful things. The staff is very caring, helpful, and professional. Mrs. Garcia is always there when needed and if you have any questions or concerns is always willing to help in whatever matter is needed. The facility is always very nice and clean and so is the staff.

YESENIA GARCIA

Thank you Vanessa. It was great to meet you and your family. Thank you for trusting us with the person you cherish most in the world, your mom. It's been over 7 years since she moved in. Wow!! Time flies.

My mother loves it at she is very happy at Santa Barbara ALF, Yesenia is a great person she helped me with all the paperwork to get my mother into her facility (I had to transfer her from New Jersey to Florida), and her staff is out of this world.

YESENIA GARCIA

Thank you so much. It was my pleasure to help you throughout the transition. I'm very happy everything went smoothly. Take Care.

Amazing ALF. #1 in its class!

I am the nephew of a resident that recently resided at Santa Barbara Alf. The staff is amazing with the elderly. The elderly are all clean, well fed, properly groomed, and very loved. Everyone there gets along as if they were family. I was helped by one of the owners, young girl, named Jesy. She was very helpful throughout the entire process. She helped us every step of the way providing excellent customer service. Regarding the food, they have full meals and snacks. Regarding the housekeeping, it is just amazing, they have clean new sheets daily, which I value. Their bathrooms are all showers and the entire facility is wheelchair accessible. Their prices are reasonable for the care and services they provide. I am very appreciative of all their effort and will definitely recommend their facility.

YESENIA GARCIA

Thank you for your kind words. I appreciate your feedback.

Excellent facility

Excellent facility.

YESENIA GARCIA

Thank you for your review and kind words. It is much appreciated ;o)

YESENIA GARCIA

Thank you so much for your review. It is appreciated.

Great facility!

This place is clean and pretty and has that special human touch our elders need and deserve.

YESENIA GARCIA

Thank you for your review and kind words. We do our best to give the elders the peace, love and happiness they deserve. Again, thank you!!

Very nice looking place!

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. This was a very nice looking place! The staff were all very friendly, and the facility itself was well kept and clean. At the time we toured they did not have any spots available, but they referred us to another one of their properties which so far has been working out wonderfully!

YESENIA GARCIA

Thanks a million for your review. I am super happy you were able to find a great place for your loved one. If we can be of service to you in the future, please contact us at [removed]. Thanks again.

I would give them a solid 4.8 - 5.

They are doing a pretty good job. We don't have any real complaints. They are very thorough. We are working on some of the specifics. She has our best interest in mind. It's clean and the people are pretty nice. When my son went to visit, they were all very cordial and nice. I would give them a solid 4.8 - 5.

YESENIA GARCIA

Thank you for your review. If you have any further questions please call us direct at [removed]. Thanks again.

Resident review

My mom has been a resident of Santa Barbara for the past year. I cannot say enough how happy I' am to have chosen this facility. The staff is friendly, the care is 24 hours. Iam advised of any issues pertaining my mom, no matter how small, which gives me the peace of mind to know that there is attention to detail. The management is first rate, attentive, and professional, with a personal touch which is very comforting.
Iam very pleased with all that has transpired this past year. Thank you to the staff and management

YESENIA GARCIA

Thank you for your review. I appreciate dearly your kind gesture. Our goal is always to make them feel they are at a home away from home so they can live the last stage of their lives as peacefully as possible.

Great place!

We couldn't be happier with the job they do! It's a wonderful place. It is beautiful, clean, and the staff are kind, caring, and compassionate. I'd give them 5s on everything, we really have no complaints!

YESENIA GARCIA

Dear Lourdes, Thanks a million for your wonderful review. We are pleased to know how happy you are and your loved one is for being with us. She is doing great and is happy to wake up with the tender love and care we provide at our facility.