Sacred Heart Homes - Phoenix, AZ

Feels more like a personal home than a place for care

I toured here with my husband when we were trying to find a place for my father-in-law to go and I noticed right away that the lady that provides the care has it set up like her own personal home, rather than an assisted living facility. There are big dogs around the residents and it’s a little bit more crowded so it doesn’t look like there’s a lot of room for the wheelchair. It isn’t very bright or open and just feels too crowded. The cleanliness was okay, but not the best. We wound up choosing a different community to go to.

I met Andrea and she showed their record keeping books, they have doctor visits once per month and the pharmacy keeps their medication information up to date through a program that tracks the patient and their prescriptions - pretty cool. The rooms are a nice size and the bathrooms and showers are adequate for assisting with the patient. The home is located in a quiet residential neighborhood.

An okay place

To find a place that has activities for seniors – to take them out or do things with them. They only have one person at a time to help with activities. They have a porch to use. I like how clean it is. I’ve never been in there and smelled an odor. The staff is very friendly.

Same ownership as three Ahwahtukee ho...

Same ownership as three Ahwahtukee houses. See above. Noted caring staff was attentive, friendly, and that visiting family members were comfortable there. Anticipate the staff is the best part of this owner's assets.