Zionsville Meadows Assisted Living - Zionsville, IN

Terrible, terrible, terrible. What caring ?

After visiting this facility with my wife, as my father in law is currently a resident there, I can't believe how dirty it is, how bad it stinks, what they serve as food, and how difficult it is to reach someone if there is a problem.
I see reviews that employees of the facility have posted, but they are not the ones that are being held [Removed] and treated like third class citizens.
Horrible place.

Good choice!

Zionsville Meadows is a very nice place. Driving in it looks like a beautiful state park. They have independent living on one side with porches and assisted living on the other side and the nursing home unit in the same community. Very conveniently laid out. Mom is taking her time and slowly adjusting to moving from a three bedroom to a one bedroom with a den. It is very spacious, plenty of room for herself and her kitty. They do have the option for a housekeeper, but for now, we will see how mom does with a smaller apartment. There are plenty of activities to choose from, she already participates in the book club, they have pot lucks that she attends and there is transportation to various places to go shopping. There is a cafeteria onsite where they can purchase meal tickets. The staff is very friendly and helpful. We saw the maintenance crew updating and maintaining different things while we were moving in. They definitely do a good job of taking care of the community.

My mother's care

The care at this community.The staff is nice and attentive to her needs.We like knowing that the community is clean with a nice environment. My mom is happy with the nice variety of healthy meals. I am glad that she is liking the activities that are offered to the other residents. We would recommend this community to other families for the nice care and value that is received.

A good tour!

When I toured Zionsville Meadows, I thought it was a nice community. The place was clean and maintained well. The tour guide was knowledgeable and friendly, we got all of the information that we needed. It was a good place but not the best for my mother.

Two counselors met with me, Mark [removed] who has only been on the job for as week or two, and Margaret [removed]. Between the two, all of my questions were answered. I liked what I saw in both the 1 Bedroom apartment and 1 bedroom plus den. Both were spacious and I especially liked having a washer/drier in each unit. Costs of both are within my range.
Problem is, moving there would not be much different than my current living---in my own condo and having to cook my own meals or going own to eat (except I wouldn't have to drive).
This was my first of many visits and it gave me an opportunity to see whjat is out there. Tnx for arranging it for me.

Would not recommend

Everything looked very nice on the tour, but the level of service once you move in doesn't live up to what they presented. There appear to be issues with staff turnover, and they seem understaffed in general. Based on our experience I would not recommend Zionsville Meadows.

Review of Zionsville Meadows Assisted Living - Zionsville, IN

Too much of a nursing home feel.

Zionsville Meadows is a good place to live.

Zionsville Meadows is a good place to live. They have great nurses and household services. The Resiodents arn' very friendlly and the their own world. l Lisa and Margaret are great Supervisors. Meals are not very good. Overal I believe it will be a great place to live. Having trouble getting my room straightened out though.

Nice facility and staff. A little costly for what we were looking for, but location was good. Facility gives off a bit of a nursing facility vibe. May prove difficulty in adjusting for someone looking for a little more independence.

Older builing but great staff!

We recently had to move our father here from another community. My mother and I were originally very cautious as we new it was an older building and had not heard the best things. The building is very clean every time we have been there and there will be renovations starting soon. The management has changed in the past few months and everyone has been great. The general manager gave my mother and I her cellphone number to call anytime. The nursing staff have all been very caring and attentive. No complaints here.

Nice to see improvements !

Zionsville Meadows has come a long way. With the new leadership in management I can see the difference in how the residents are being treated. I like that it is has all service lines so my friend will never have to leave the community. Its located in a beautiful area. I am just glad to see all of the positive changes.

I recently moved from another American seniors because of bad experiences to Zionsville Meadows. I admit I like it better here, but they are terrible! I was on the bus from my previous nursing waiting because my room wasn't ready, after a couple of hours my room was still not ready so we proceeded with paperwork! I was disgusted when one of the staff went through my things and looked for the paper they needed from me WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. all they could say was they apologized. Food Service is HORRIBLE!.. I hate feeling stuck I feel like I'm stuck again in another hell hole

11/2014 this place is terrible ! For some one who has very very very good patience and doesn't mind poor service, care, and management this place is for you! Sad excuse for a home located in a good community!

Horrible

When our mother was moving into Zionsville Meadows, we had to personally clean her room as it was so dirty. Her care in the short time that she was there was also totally unacceptable. We moved our mother to another facility as quickly as possible.

Improvements needed

An older community; independent living "garden homes" need a lot of remodeling and repairs. Maintenance dept. very small, and response to resident's maintenance needs is very poor. Administrative staff not readily available for the independent level of care residents. Frequent turn over of manager position. Cost is very reasonable, but I feel service and buildings need a lot of improvement.

Huge Improvement

I'm, really happy that my mom is there. At first it was a change for her but she says that she's happy there and for her to say that is a big thing. Her room is nicer, she has a nice view, she can see outside from her bed if she wants to. Actually, I've tasted the food myself, I think it's better than where she was before. She's kind of a picky eater but eveything I've seen or tasted is good to me, it tastes like home cooking. For someone with Alzheimer's it's hard but I think the staff is very well qualified to care for people with Alzheimer's/dementia. They really care about the patients, they love my mother and they really have more patience with her than I do because they're more experienced with this. I think her memory's at the point where there's not a lot that she can participate in but they do try and they do get her to do things.

Was good, but didn't think ...

Was good, but didn't think it was good for Mom at all and wasn't really sold on it for Dad.

They seemed disorganized. ...

They seemed disorganized. The Weekend Nursing manager showed me around but she didn't know what was or wasn't avaiable in the Independent Living - only the assisted living area. Maintanence needed to be done to the apts shown.

Full continuum. Garden homes, Pet dep...

Full continuum. Garden homes, Pet deposits. Garage fee. Includes 100% maintenance,full kitchen w/disposal. 24-hr emergency response system, all utilities but phone and cable. scheduled transport, social programs, club house. May use beauty shop, dining room, wellness program. Assisted Living - Suites, Semi-private, kitchenette. Included 3 meals restaurant style (waiters) all utilities except phone. cable included, weekly housekeeping and linen change, 1 load personal laundry, scheduled transport, 24-hour emergency response system and pendant, social programs, free laundry room, grab bars in showers, maintenance,individually controlled heat&AC,library w/internet, theater room. beauty shop, pedicures, wellness program, gift shop (ice cream & snacks.) Rehab, memory care, skilled nursing (like nursing home), long term care, respite and hospice care. Extremely clean and modern. Friendly staff, beautiful grounds in safe area, dining hours normal, fridg and micro allowed in rooms, fitness program for fee, personal care charged by level needed, 90-day guarantee, can move out if don't like, otherwise one-year lease. Extremely impressive place.

Visited with director. Pleased with w...

Visited with director. Pleased with what I saw. This is probably the place.

Zionsville Meadows' Garden Homes have been created for the independent resident who wants the freedom to come and go as they please, but desires the amenities that accompany living in a specially designed community. In our Garden Homes, you'll find maintenance-free living with a variety of floor plan options that may include one or two bedrooms featuring attached garages, sunrooms, dens, laundry rooms and full kitchens. With no large entry fee, endowment or long-term commitment, you can live the independent lifestyle you’ve always wanted.

Everyone loves freedom and choices...and we kept that in mind when designing our Senior Apartments. Our communities offer Assisted Living services that are tailored to meet the needs of each individual, allowing them to live life to the fullest.

Zionsville Meadow also offers Moving Forward Rehabilitation, 3 levels of Auguste's Cottage Memory Care, Skilled Nursing Care, Hospice, Respite and New Energy Wellness.