Pacifica Senior Living Vista - Vista, CA

The tour seemed thorough, although this was my first residence to visit. The touring checklist was very helpful. The rooms seemed a bit shabby; the residents I saw were very friendly; The meal selections for a vegetarian are very limited-hopefully a dietitian would work out a meal plan with more choices than tuna sandwich or cheese quesadilla.

Pacifica Senior Living

Hi, thank you for sharing your feedback. We have a very special community with a terrific staff. We do have many different healthy vegetarian options. (Example: Avocado, tomato and greens on whole grain bread). We would love to have you back and hope that you choose our community! Have a wonderful day, we look forward to seeing you again soon!

WONDERFUL

This place is wonderful. I wish I had found them when I first brought mom to California two years ago. The people are wonderful and there is no limit to the amount of assistance available. The food is out of this world and there are tons of quality activities.

They Do a Nice Job

My loved one was at Rancho Vista for respite care, and overall, I feel that they do a really nice job there. The community is clean, and the staff is very caring. They have about a 1:6 nurse to resident ratio there, which is pretty good. The food is good here as well. I would recommend them for those with an average budget.

2nd choice

It was a good tour the lady who did it was warm and very informative. She answered all of my questions. The memory care was divided into 3 units with maybe 7 residents and there is a possibility of no interaction with people the way that was set up. It was a clean and nice community. This was in the running for our 2nd place to choose. But we did go elsewhere.

A Good Respite

My sister-in-law is happy so far with the experience here. They staff are making her happy and she is eating good meals every day.

A Good Visit Here

I had a visit set up and I saw nothing wrong with the community. They were 100% professional and gave a good tour. They had good feedback about the community. They also kept in touch regularly afterwards for a following up. I was happy with them and they were helpful.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your feedback! We are glad you enjoyed your tour and had a positive experience with us.

Very nice. Lots for residents to do. More like living in an apartment with a nice restaurant, anytime dining, movies, library, bright colors and plentiful skylights. Staff is professional and friendly.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for the kind words! We work very hard to create the best environment possible for our residents!

My nephew toured Rancho Vista. He told me that it was a nice place but I think it was a requirement that they had did not for my mother's needs. It was not a good fit for her.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your feedback! We are glad your nephew enjoyed the tour and had a positive experience with us. We are sad to hear you went a different direction.

Other options

I toured this community and did not like that it was out dated. I did not stay and talk with the staff. It was not the environment was not good. I would suggest that other families see this community for the care of a loved one here on there own

I like the whole set up

The staff at this community are friendly and attentive. They are just starting physical therapy with my mother in law. The food is ok and they are able to accommodate her special diet. The community very clean and well maintained. I would recommend this community as it had all the things we were looking for in a community.

Sweet Kind Community

Everything is working out pretty well for my mother in law with her move to this community. It is a nice place. The staff is very kind and sweet. The only issue I have had, is they told us their responsive time to being paged is 2 to 5 minutes, but I've noticed it could take them up to 45 minutes to respond. Other than that issue they do have activities available for the residents. The meals are decent. We are comfortable with the care she being provided with. It is a nice place, and I would recommend it.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your kind review. We are glad to hear your experience has been pleasant. We do apologize for the responsive time. Our top priority is our residents and making sure they receive the proper care.

Beautiful Community!!

The building was really nice and the overall of the whole community was great. The staff i met along my tour was friendly and attentive. I really liked that everything was well organized and clean. The community offers activities and meal plans. I would recommend this place to friends and family it was very well kept and had great features.

New to the place

About a month ago our friend entered the village.
Since that time we have been evaluating the services she needs and we are trying to adjust them to her needs.
The place is nice and the staff are friendly. Our friend needs a little more assertive involvement of the staff to take her showers and take care of her daily activities. She is difficult at times but can be persuaded if taken the time to do so by the staff.

Very Pleased With This Community

Everything is wonderful at this community, we are very pleased. My brother really loves it here and seems to have adjusted well to the community. I have to give this community the highest rating they are great at everything they do. The facility looks wonderful and very clean, there is always someone cleaning. I really enjoy the staff here, they have been very kind and helpful to us. The food at is excellent, they sever a well balanced meal. We are very pleased with everything at this community.

Respite Care

My mother was only at this community for respite care and the little time she was there it was a good experience. From what I saw the community is very clean and my mother's room was always clean. Most days I did to notice there were activities for the residents. They did a good job taking care of her for the time she was there.

The facility and the level of care were great

The facility and the level of care were great. The nurses in the memory care were great. The staff were all really good. I would give them a five, they did a good job.

Wonderful

We think Rancho Vista is wonderful so far. Things are going great and we do not have any complaints with the staff or the facility at all.

Review of The Regency at Glen Cove - Glen Cove, NY

The residents that I have met have seemed very happy. There are a lot of activities to keep them busy and alert. Most of the staff seems happy with what they do. I know it takes a special person to attend to the aged. That being said, my mother has been in the health care unit for almost 2 months. I have NEVER received a call from the doctor or anyone else to update me on her recovery from the three falls she's had while in their care. I have received several calls about setting up an apartment for her to move in to without much guidance about insurance coverage. A little bit of the cart before the horse. It seems like the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing and certainly not keeping the family in the loop.

very happy

They are very willing to work with me to get the best care to my parents, and they are very receptive to my feedback and questions. I have been very happy. Going through this would have been much more stressful without them.

need to hire more personnel to cover all the clients

clean facility nice food but seems to be shorthanded with employees.
My Friend had to wait a long time for someone to help her get dressed. Both arms in casts.
seems to have some bookkeeping errors as far as getting orders filled and etc.

truly phenomenal!

My mother is not the same person that I put in there. She has improved so much! I even took her to a urologist recently and the urologist was amazed at how much she has improved. The nursing staff and the caregivers are outstanding. They really take great care of the her. I have already told my son that when it's my time, Rancho Vista is where I want to go. It is a safe & secure place and the people there are phenomenal. I toured a few facilities, and Rancho Vista is by far the best. I literally had tears in my eyes when I first toured, thinking "there is no way this place is as good as you're saying" but it truly has been!

Compassionate And Attentive

Everything they do are really good and compassionate. The dining room is beautiful and her room is also very nice and clean. The only complaint I have about the place is that some residents are wanderers

Caretakers came by to check while I was visiting

Both my mother and father moved into Rancho Vista about a month ago, as the community they were in was not able to provide memory care for my mother. Rancho Vista is very clean, staff members are very friendly and even came by to check on my parents while I was visiting. We were waiting for cable services to come, so the caretakers went to the dining room and brought back food for us -- we all felt that was terrific. Both receive help with medication management, which is great. While this community is more expensive than their previous one, I feel that they will get the care needed and are safe and secure. My father is very happy with the food. My parents have not participated in activities as of yet, but there are many. There is transportation service there as well for outings, doctors' appointments, etc. The only downside is visitor parking, which is very limited. Parking for residents is fine. Overall, I'm happy with the decision to have my mother and father move into this really nice community.

BAIT AND SWITCH! AFTER 4 MONTHS THEY RAISED THE RATE 20%!

My overall rating is because of "bait and switch" . We were told how much it would be and that the rates had recently gone up and they didn't expect another for a long time and if so it would only be 3 1/2%. 4 months after moving in and after making some friends and is comfortable, we get a letter informing us that her rent, starting in January, is going up 20%!! YES 20%!! unbelievable. We placed her there because she could afford it for a couple of years. Now with the rent increase it sharply decreases that amount of time. In the letter they said the reason was affordable care act, food increases, insurance, etc. When we spoke to the executive director we were told the reason was so that they could bring all the residents up to the same rate. That is very telling. My Mom is happy there, the employees are nice to her, the food is good, but she doesn't know what tricks they play.

William Young

I want to thank William [removed] for his impeccable care of others. He helped me find a place for my mother when I was at my wits end. He took over locating numerous homes for me with costs that were in my price range.

He is a caring individual that truly does want to eliminate all of the headaches and dead ends that one comes up against when locating a home for an elderly person.

May he be blessed always!

Check again. We both liked...

Check again. We both liked it. Independent living and memory care.

I didn't get to go inside because the marketing director didn't return my calls. I saw the outside of the building and it looked nice, it was a little choppy, as far as getting from the apartment to the dining and activity areas. If it was rainy weather it was tricky for resident to get to the dining room, or at least under an overhang so that was kind of a compromise. They were average but better than a lot of the others in price. It was ok. They didn't have a 2 bed available at the time that we needed it, and I had a hard time getting the marketing director to call me back, so I didn't pursue them.

All Inclusive Price

Rancho Vista was fantastic but it was twice my mortgage! The cost included everything. They would come to take my mother to activities and all the meals and take care of all her medication.

Everything is Good

He lives there but he doesn't get any medical services or anything. He's only had one problem with his refrigerator. I'm not sure if that's been resolved yet. He's not participating in the activities because he's still working. He's only there for respite care because he wants meals and clean sheets. I haven't heard any complaints other than sometimes there's no parking. Basically, everything is fine.

Toured Tuesday, August 27. ...

Toured Tuesday, August 27. Memory care. Very nice dining room. Carports with storage. Smells nice, clean. More active residents; less walkers. Updated rooms. 2bedroom are not near dining area and might be only independent living. Hills and ramps.

Very good location. Very good service.

Very good location. Very good service.

Welcome to Pacifica Senior Living Vista, located in Vista, California, offering multilevel retirement that provides independent living, assisted living, Alzheimer’s and dementia care, and health and rehabilitation all on one convenient campus.

Pacifica Senior Living Vista is a multilevel retirement community designed to provide all your care needs, while giving you the independence you desire. Some features include:

• Private and shared apartments
• Charming, home-like community settings
• Common areas for socializing, dining and entertaining
• Easy access for those with limited mobility
• Signature Programming: Vitality Club, Walking Tall, and Second Wind Dreams®