Queensview Retirement Community - Paris, ON

Room Type Monthly Range* (CAD)

Move on. Stay away from this place!

It is obvious management is writing reviews here. What the [language removed] has happened to this place since new management took over? I happen to know many family and residents who have posted reviews here and they are not showing. There are now 2 housekeepers for this whole building PLUS 24 villas. PSW staff are cleaning the 3rd floor. Forget about time spent on care for your family member. Our family can go on and on about the horrible home this has turned into. The Ministry of Health needs to be called in to start. It is also obvious the new manager is unqualified. We found out last month, she fired the best front desk girl because she reported the manager for professional misconduct. Manager also fired their best housekeeper. 3 Nurses have recently quit. She has also hired her daughter and best friend for the front desk. Young kids and unqualified. Have never worked in this industry before. GM said her daughter needed to pay for her truck so she hired her. Good grief. You figure out the rest. Disgusting and if you love your family, look elsewhere. There are many amazing homes in the area. Check out Season's Bell Lane in Brantford. Buckingham Palace and CHEAPER!! PSWs also do not hand out medications at Season's. There is always a nurse on staff at Season's. Not here although they advertise as there is. Move along. There are many, many hidden infractions that our family has found out about. They should be shut down!!

Absolutely over the top wonderful. My elderly mom loved it . Residents seemed happy and we had lunch with a lovely couple. The workers were extremely friendly and welcoming. The suites were like 5 star hotels. So impressed. Unfortunately, my mother can not afford the rent.

Disappointed

The accommodations are very good in that the suites are very large, bright and have plenty of storage. There are many things wrong with how the place is run which I think could be easily fixed and change my rating from a 2 star to a 5 star. There is very little in the way of entertainment for the residents. The trips out of the residence are very infrequent and occur early in the morning which leaves residents with nothing to do for the afternoon. The space in the dining room is not well organized which requires residents to get up from their seats to accommodate other residents with wheelchairs. The focus of the dining staff appears to be on bringing in outside guests instead of catering to the residents.

Their are laundry facilities on each floor but the machines are always full as the machines the residents use for their own personal laundry are also used by the staff to launder the residents sheets and towels which are laundered by staff. The laundry done by staff should be done in another facility or done at night when the residents would not be using the machines.

Many of the residents are unhappy about how the facility is run and feel management is never around or available to discuss their concerns.

Home for Dad

For my father who has recently moved in, the jury is still out of course. From the standpoint of most of my family, we could not have found a more suitable place for him where he eats better and is now free of concerns over condo fees, property taxes, utility bills but still has a measure of independence. Its newness is one of its most redeeming features. We hope that he will enjoy many years of a good experience here.
Marketing co-ordinator worked very hard to encourage him to consider living here without being pushy and obtrusive about it.

Great concept and very nice staff who are engaged in the care of the residents here. There is always something going on to keep them busy. I particularly liked the concept of the center court units that are stand-alone. 4 units joined together by a common area with laundry facilities. grass courtyard. Nice!! The only issue with them is the bedroom is not separate so there's limited privacy. This residence did the best job of them all with storage space! If it was closer to my family would definitely have considered.

Beautiful property and very well kept. Prompt on the snow removal. Staff are helpful and friendly. My mum seems very happy there.

I liked the opportunity for socialization here

I liked the opportunity for socialization here, and I thought this might have offered more activity than the place we chose. I didn't think the location would have worked out, so I didn't look into it very closely. It was also a little more expensive, and when I asked my loved one, she preferred the less expensive option.