Powell Senior Living - Powell, OH

BOBS

My wife and I were very pleased with our visit. We greatly appreciated the time and all inclusive tour by the representative ( [name removed] ), as well as, the applicable information. Unfortunately, we are not in a position to take advantage. We will keep in mind for the future.
Many Thanks !!

Great help from the staff

My mother moved into Powell Senior Living in February and was one of the first people to live there. The staff could not have been more accommodating as they provided an apartment for her to live in while her apartment was being remodeled with handicap provisions. She moved into her newly handicapped apartment in April. She has been very happy there although she believes that more attention could be given to food quality, quantity, and preparation. She also feels that there should be more staff help in some areas. For the most part she has been happy at Powell Senior Living. She has made friends and feels like the facility is now home.

Powell Senior Living is brand new. The Assisted Living building has not been finished yet. We were treated to a delightful tour of a community that has excellent one bedroom housing available. They are well designed and have great storage. Open and airy, the suites are more than adequate. We were told that the Assisted Living apartments will be very similar. There are an abundant "gathering places" for residents to visit with each other and with family and friends. There is plenty of opportunity for activities--as the Director of Fun can tell you!

We've got our very own washer and dryer

This has been a very good move for us and we really do like our apt which is a two bedroom, it is spacious has a full kitchen and comes with a stackable washer and dryer which I adore. We enjoy going to the dining room and there is also a bistro that we can go to for something different. There are a lot of amenities for us to choose from along with field trips and the staff here are friendly and attentive as well as helpful.

My friends are doing well

My friends are doing very well here and they love the fact that they were able to bring their two dogs with them and that they're apt is on the first floor. They enjoy the food and the many amenities along with the field trips they offer.

Loved place sight on seen

Per mom once she toured this place she didn't want to go anywhere else she fell in love with it. Her living space is comfortable and the right size for what she wanted. Everything is clean and well maintained. We have had some minor issues but the staff is actively working on resolving them. They are friendly and kind.
Mom is doing puzzles and playing cards and generally socializing with people which are good.
She loves the food there.

Samantha McCue

Hi there, thank you so much for the positive review! We're glad to hear we have delivered such a great experience. If there's anything further we can do, we are happy to help!

Very pleased with how things are going!!

I have no complaints of how things are going for my father since he moved into this community. I am very pleased with our choice of this place it has turned out to be the perfect fit for my dad. He has had no complaints about the meals and enjoys participating in some of activities with the other residents from time to time. Overall we are pleased and would recommend it to anyone.

Dishonest

Very nice facility, but very DISHONEST administration. They outright lied to us when we had our parents stay at there on a trial basis with their 60 day money back guarantee. PSL will not give our elderly parents back their money now since apparently they didn't express their displeasure during there stay.
AVOID Powell Senior Living unless you have thousands of dollars you don't need in retirement.

Not a fan of Spectrum communities so far

My parents are staying at Powell Senior Living until their new facility is open for residents. At first it seemed like a great place. But within a few weeks everything is falling apart. The executive director is doing a horrible job at getting and keeping good staff. The dining room is poorly run and food quality started good but has been not so good lately. The cleaning staff walked out on the job and left them without cleaning people. The hallways always look like they need cleaned. The activities seem way too simple like nursing home activities instead of independent living activities. I was hoping my parents would be busy and happy but instead they are bored. I am leery of them moving into another Spectrum community but they are hoping for a better experience at their new place this fall.

New and Upscale but for a Price

When we toured Powell Senior Living, it had just opened. I thought it was a very nice place but it was significantly more expensive than the facility we ended up choosing.

Samantha McCue

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us at Powell Senior Living. We're happy we could meet your expectations! Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you; we are more than happy to help!

You'll love this community!

If you are considering moving to an Independent Living retirement community in the Columbus, OH area, you need to visit Powell Senior Living in Powell, Ohio! You won’t go anywhere else.

My father is a resident there and could not be more happy! It is such a good feeling to know that he is now in this safe, fun environment with plenty of opportunities to interact with his friendly neighbors.

The staff is warm, responsive and caring. The chefs are terrific. Oh, you will love the restaurant/meals. The food is fabulous! And you can eat anytime you want in the dining room 7:00 am - 7:00 pm.

Powell Senior Living staff members exude a welcoming, homey feeling as you are greeted coming through the front door. This new community is just gorgeous, with fine finishings and beautiful activity and service spaces.

I give Powell Senior Living the highest accolades possible. You’ll love this community!

Lovely community/ Great staff

Mom moved into the community in February and becomes more settled and happy with each new day. It's a lovely facility and her apartment is beautiful. The staff have been nothing short of remarkable; always willing and ready to help in anyway they can. The food is very good and they've made everything there very accessible; library, movie theater, fitness center, a bistro along with the restaurant, a small lounge, hair salon. It's a wonderful little community and mom couldn't be happier.

By far the best Senior Living community, we have been to

I have nothing but good things to say about this place.
Powell Senior Living seems to have everything I was looking for my Mother's comfort.
The place is amazing. It is brand new, spacious, beautifully decorated, clean and well maintained.
We where impressed by the friendly and helpful staff as well. Special thank you to [Removed], one of the moving coordinators. She was very friendly and helpful, ready to answer any questions and accommodate any request.
During the tour we have met some of the residence, who where very friendly and told us how much they like it there.
I have no doubts my Mother would love it there.

Very nice facility with fabulous amenities. Staff who led the tours were knowledgeable and friendly. We are just beginning our search, but this is a site we would certainly consider.

Lovely independent living staffed by the most wonderful staff

My mother moved into Powell Sr. Living at the beginning of Feb '17. She had been living in another facility in the area for the last 8 yrs and had become very unhappy. Now that she has moved she couldn't be more happy!!! She needs to have a handicapped apartment which was not completed at move in time. The staff at Powell Sr. Living couldn't have been more helpful by suggesting that she move into a smaller apartment while hers was being modified for handicapped living. She has had nothing but wonderful thinges to say about the staff, food, amenities and her temporary apartment there. As her daughter, I also couldn't be more happy with Powell Sr. Living. All of the staff has been most helpful with this move and I truly feel that we have found the best place for my mom. It is a beautiful, new, spacious facility staffed by the most wonderful people who are truly dedicated to making the residents feel at home and making sure they are happy with delicious food and a great activities program.

Very Nice Community, My Tour Went Well

This community is not built yet , but we did get to tour their sister community. The tour went well, and the community looked neat and tidy. It was a bit older community, but it appeared to be a nice place with a nice atmosphere.

Welcome to Powell Senior Living, the premier Independent Living community in the historic town of Powell, Ohio. Our newly built community offers spacious apartments with luxurious amenities, like a theater and salon. Here you’ll enjoy daily chef-prepared meals, on-site concierge services and dozens of social and wellness activities—all just a short drive north of Columbus.