Pine Valley Home - Hoosick Falls, NY

I would recommend it to anyone.

My mother found this community before her own passing for my dad, and I love it. It sits on a farm, and it reminds me of a bed and breakfast. My dad is one of four residents, with six people helping them. The food is homemade which is fantastic. His room overlooks the farm. I would recommend it to anyone.

Respite care

My mom, brothers and I were seeking a place for my dad for respite....to give my mom a break. We had originally chose Clare Bridge in Schenectady which was absolutely horrible. We took my dad out after 5 days of his 2 week stay for lack of appropriate care and correct administration of his meds. We were very nervous about attempting another respite, but my mom is primary caretaker for my dad and elderly as well. She needed a real break from the daily stressors of caring for her husband with advanced alzheimers. We learned about Pine Valley Home through A Place for Mom. Being very hesitant about it, we met the owner and decided to try it for a week. We were very happy with the choice. Molly is very caring and attentive to her residents. It is based in a home setting instead of an institution. Dad did well!!!!! If a loved one is unable to be in the comfort of their own home, Pine valley Home is the next best thing.

the Director was wonderful to talk to...

the Director was wonderful to talk to. Sounds like a wonderful place but my father-inlaw may require more help.