Review of The Madeline of Decatur - Decatur, GA

The facility has improved with staffing. The receptionists have an excellent attitude and very helpful.

Jeffrey Ory

Thank you so much for the kind words and 4-star review. Our associate work hard daily to make The Madeline a welcoming place that our residents call home. We appreciate the positive comments about our team at the community.

Review of The Madeline of Decatur - Decatur, GA

Programming for memory care is priority at the Madeline. They have lived a new activities director, [Removed] and it looks like he is going to do good things for the residents.
There are occasional hiccups, but all in all we are very satisfied.

Thank You!

My mother has been here for two months and I am very happy with my decision to move her. The people and programming are wonderful. Thank you!

Jeffrey Ory

Thank you so much for the review and kind words. We love to hear such as we work so hard that all of our residents are happy as part of the Madeline family. So glad to have your Mother with us here!

Undergoing construction, interesting & favorable concept regarding bathing, friendly & motivated staff, offer care services needed for mother, availability of both private and semi private rooms.

Jeffrey Ory

Thank you for the 4-star review and the kind remarks. While we are under renovation right now, that work will be done shortly. The finished product is going to be amazing and we can't wait for you to see it.

Care and timing for a tour

We toured this community for the care for mom.The community had nice staff who were able to answer my questions on the care. They did not have a pet and were going to be doing some remodeling and I did not feel that it would be a good place for my mom at the time. The menu and the activities seemed to be appealing. We would recommend that other families tour this community for care of a loved one.

Jeffrey Ory

Thank you so much for the 5-star review and the kind comments.

She's make remarkable improvements!

It's such a lovely place! My loved one has severe memory loss, so it was difficult for her to feel comfortable when she moved in, but after a while, she is enjoying her time so much that she finds it difficult to leave! The staff are so caring and willing to make my loved one, as well as the rest of the family, feel very comfortable with the experience. I have also found that there is very good security at this facility. Overall, we are very satisfied!

Options for care

I have not been happy with the care from this community. This community does not have a good assistance on medications. The staff does not have good communication skills.
This community does look nice and they have nice room. If you need full time care. . Families should tour this community before they have a loved there

Could Use Better Cleaning!!

The bathrooms are not very clean the housekeeping could do a little better. Activities are offered in the community, but my loved one at the moment is not participating in them. I feel that this is a safe place for my loved one to reside in. The meals are good and healthy there are no complaints at the moment. The staff are friendly and try to do their best.

Lazy Staff

I recently toured Peregrine in Decatur, the shower rooms were a mess and the halls smelled like urine. The sales lady was nice and informative, but it seemed like she was embarrassed as well. I will not move my mother into Peregrine and would not recommend it to anyone. Poor management and lazy staff

I loved the activities

I loved the activities. They had a lot of activities. My grandfather loved that. The staff was very kind and affectionate. They were very helpful. The Peregrine's Landing at Emory Heights was a good experience.

Not what we were looking for but clean and new. Rooms were small and had no showers

I might give this one 5 stars but I need to see the completed construction. It is the most affordable of the complete assisted living homes. Giving them serious consideration.

Upset and tired!

My grandma was at Perigrine for a while and it started well but then she started complaining alot. So I started to visit more, I noticed that one person was responsible for many residents on that hall when I was told it would be 2 or more. The residents were just sitting around because there wasn't much for them to do. My grandma gained so much weight, I asked if there were any therapy or excersise classes she could take, apparently there were none because she kept gaining weight.
I bought her adult diapers and wipes with my own money and every time I came they went missing, probably some where with some of her missing clothes.
Others times I've come there is a foul smell on the hall. Whatever the smell came from caused gnats and that problem wasn't solved for over a month.
The point is this place wasn't fit for my grandma. If you love your family member Do Not put them here.

Would not recommend this place

Our experience with Peregrine's Landing was not a good one. My loved one fell twice at this community, and while the first was an accident, the second fall could have been easily prevented. We had to place her under hospice care as a result of the second fall. I would not recommend them.

We had a great visit here. ...

We had a great visit here. We may return before we make a final decision. The residents seemed happy. We might be looking for more activities.

A unique approach to memory care

I toured today. The residents looked happy, engaged in what they were doing & well cared for. Renovations are underway here - the staff working there are all extremely friendly & up-beat. They have a very unique approach to caring for people with dementia. The renovations are going to open the spaces up & also create more spots for the residents there to engage in different activites & enjoy themselves.

They weren't catching things they sho...

They weren't catching things they should catch. The level of care, and the cleanliness of his room, was not good, there were ants. He always looked dirty. They didn't really help out with transportation to the doctors. The doctors didn't communicate well with us, we would ask to set up a time to call in and he would come at a different time. Sometimes they wouldn't order his medicine, and we don't think he always got his medicine. The other residents are not cognitively there. They were pretty good with activities. He was in bed and not moving for at least a day and they didn't catch it.

Wayman Parks

This review was submitted prior to Peregrine Senior Living acquiring this community (when it was Emeritus at Decatur). Since the acquisition the community is undergoing a massive renovation as well as new and innovative programming (The Peregrine Way) is being instituted. Since this is a memory care community all of our residents experience some degree of cognitive impairment but are cared for with love, attention, and detail by our well trained staff. We welcome daily visits for all to come and experience the Peregrine difference.

Located in Decatur, Georgia, The Madeline of Decatur is a welcoming community for those with Alzheimer’s disease, dementia and other forms of memory loss. We provide top-of-the line memory care services to residents by fostering engaging lifestyles that promote wellness and independence. Our state of the art Life Enrichment Program, Therapeutic Simplicity, creates an environment in which our residents can have a success in each activity throughout the day.

As memory care experts, we recognize the gravity of the situation that often puts loved ones in a desperate search for answers and support. We’re here to supply those answers and provide relief, letting you know that you and your loved ones are embraced by a community that truly cares.