Penmarvian Retirement Home - Paris, ON has yet not published prices.

No Security?

Our first impression walking in to the home was very guarded. No one was at the front to meet us, leaving residents that were in the common area vulnerable and unsafe. We could have been criminals with an agenda of intent to do serious harm. It took 15 minutes before anyone came to greet us. Wow! Owner was very warm and friendly at first....Although the home looked clean and had lovely old antique trim etc.. the bedrooms were horrible. Very tiny for shared accommodations if you have lower income. Bedding was dirty and heavily stained, mattresses were very thin and old no head or foot boards. You have barely enough room to move around being one person never mind 2 or more..We asked to see private accommodation and she refused saying we could not afford it anyway!How presumptuous! She showed us the kitchen, tea room then her office.
Straight to business she gave us a short blurb about taking my uncle's pension and said it's $1800 a month for shared accommodation and meals thats it!. I almost fell off my chair!! We are absolutey mortified and disgusted by the condition of the room. We walked out saying to ourselves that we would never put a family member in such environment let alone entrust them in the care of a insecure Retirement Home. Don't bring your loved ones here!