Park View at Box Hill - Abingdon, MD

I Find Parkview to be exactly what I was looking for.

My Mother who is 93 has lived at Parkview Abingdon (Box Hill) for 3 years. Is it perfect no but it is friendly and has great residents. My Mom knew when she moved in about the laundry facility, but more important to her was her own place. I have made it as safe as I can for my Mother and visit often. I find the management to be understanding and do the most that they can. It is not assisted living and so it should not be expected to accommodate as such. The place is clean, the activities are as many as the residents would like. So many have been suggested with zero participation. My Mother is more active now than she has been in years. I actual love the residents and My Mom is very happy. would upgrades be an improvement perhaps but you can not beat the price. The location is great.

office and management leave a lot to be desired.

Overall I think it's a very nice place, but the office and management leave a lot to be desired. It seems they are never in their office, the director would tell me something and then it would be different, there were lots of discrepancies with billing. They do have a new director, and I haven't had much experience with the new person, but I'm hoping it gets better. Getting in and out has been an issue, they took the directory down, and since it's gone back up, not everything is correct. Sometimes the maintenance is on top of it, and sometimes not so much. You can't use quarters in the laundry room, and they didn't tell us that you had to have a special card that you put money on. There have just been a lot of little annoyances. We chose them because they seemed to be brighter and more open than their other location. Overall it's okay, and maybe things will be better with the new director.

Nice/Beware

Nice apartment.
Advise: Prepare move in checklist carefully.
Advise: Ask residents for Elevator update. (was not working 4 times in 2 months)
Advise: Electric bill was $[removed] a month. (They showed us a bill for $[removed])
Warning: If your family member is on a limited income. If medically unable to care for self and need to move. To get out of the lease you need two months rent and a letter from Dr.
As of August 28th, lots of units coming available. Humm???? Why?????

Unless you want plenty of exercise, steer clear. The elevator is always out. Management is not very friendly, but the residents make up for that and I do have a nice apartment, but it is not very energy efficient.