Palmer Hills - Bettendorf, IA

[Removed], the manager, is great but there have been issues

My Grandmother was here for a short while and things did not go well. She had to go to the restroom and they helped her get to the bathroom – that was at 7pm. Once she was settled, they left and she was stuck there for 17 hours. She said she called for help several times and no one came by until 1 pm the next day because she hadn’t shown up at the dining area. The day after all of this happened, after she had been found and was able to rest, the general manager called an ambulance to check on her. The facility never notified me, I found out from a nurse that called me from the hospital that she was there and then found out that the general manager never took the time to figure out what hospital she was being taken to. As far as the actual facility itself is concerned, I know that they try to make the rooms look like apartments but I think the facility is geared more towards the independent living. She had to go to a rehab facility for a bit and was very hesitant about coming back here. I’ve been dealing with the manager the most and I’ll give her all the credit in the world for being able to step up and help out with my Grandmother because I’m in California and I’m not able to be there all the time. There have been times where the ball has been dropped, but [Removed], the manager, has really been trying to help. She’s really been going above and beyond. There are obviously changes that need to be done, and they were able to make a few changes to her room to try and prevent anything else from happening, but I just don’t know if it’s set up for the type of the care that she needs.

I'm Happy here

I've been in this community for 4 months and was promised things that have not happened. Like the refrigerator they told me they would be putting a large one in for me not this dorm size one. It is what I expected but just upset about the apartment. I was also told when I signed the papers that I had a full size bath tub and I don't . But overall it is very nice and they are doing the best they can. They come in and clean once a week. The food is good, it's the repetition i'm a little disappointed in. I would recommend people but I'd tell them to read the papers you sign.

Feels like a little home!

As soon as I walked into this facility, I fell in love. I just had a gut feeling when I walked in the door that this is the facility that my Mother will be in for the rest of her life. The atmosphere here is just so warm and homey. My mom loves it here! When we first walked into her apartment, it feels like a little home. From top to bottom, this is a wonderful place. The caring nature of the staff is amazing and they treat my mom like family. If she needs anything, they are on it right away. The feeling you get here is just so vibrant. There are amazing chandeliers that fill the ceilings and a lot of sky lighting; it’s glowing! I would absolutely recommend this community.

I am happy here

I chose this community because I heard good things about it. And I'm glad I chose it. They are dog friendly which I love she is my companion. The food is acceptable although I can be a little picky sometimes. The staff is nice and responsive to my needs. I have enjoyed the exercise area and I attend Rosary. I would recommend this to my friends or family.

Very Accomidating

Our loved one is doing very well at Palmer Hills community. He is adjusting to his new home and we are very satisfied that he is very comfortable. The staff and the management are extremely helpful and accommodating. I really like that it is a working management, they are right there with the staff members to help out in any situation. They provide three meals a day that they serve restaurant style. The food is very tasty and presented nicely. If a resident doesn't feel well they will bring their meals to their room. Our loved one looks forward to going to the dining room to socialize. They do provide activities for the residents and encourage them to participate. They have monthly and daily activities listed for the residents. They have benches and walkways to go outside and enjoy the fresh air. His room is very nice and he has a balcony that overlooks the nicely landscaped grounds. I already have recommended Palmer Hills to others.

My father is doing fairly well at the Palmer Hills. He loves his apartment and the environment. The facility is very nice and clean. The staff is ridiculously nice! It is a smaller place which is what we were looking for. The meals are very good.

Not very appealing...

When I first walked in the door, the place was nice and bright but once I started to walk into the hallways, it was very dark. The rooms that the tour guide took me into were not appealing at all. They were dark with minimal decorations. The place needed updating, all of the carpets looked very old. I also did not see any residents lingering around, I would have liked to see more activity.

I Liked The Place, Not The Sales

I liked the facility when I went to tour it. It seemed like the other communities. It was too high priced for us. The director was really pushing us to sign a contract after we told her we could not afford the care. I was not happy with that.

I like Palmer Hills and I would recommend it!!!

The staff are pretty helpful and are getting to know mom. Housekeeping does a good job of keeping the community well taken care of. They offer daily activities. Mom seems to like the food and they have a good variety to choose from.

Happy Place

I am very happy with this community. I like how I am treated by the staff and the activities that I can attend. Food is very good.

Visited my mom for the first time. Was very happy to see the friendliness and kindness the staff shows. The food was good as well as the apartment my mother is in is in good shape. Best thing that has happened to my mom since my father passed away 16 years ago.

staff have been really friendly

I can't speak to much about Palmer Hills since it is in a different state from where I live. I will say the staff have been really friendly and helpful here. Overall I am really pleased with this facility. Everything gets a 5 star rating from me.

Very nice place!

We're very happy with how things have turned out at Palmer Hills! Our loved one is very happy here! The facility itself is well kept and clean, and the people here seem very friendly!

Everyone is friendly, and we are pretty happy with them.

They have been just fine so far. Everyone is friendly, and we are pretty happy with them. I don't have any complaints at all so far.

It was a great place.

It was a great place. We really liked it because it was a smaller environment. It was more personal. The environment was very clean and well kept. The value was excellent. Everyone was very friendly and nice. They seemed to be very accommodating. I would say they could improve a little more on the care services. My loved one had fell and they didn't handle the situation as easy as I thought they would.

Pricsilla Barnet / contact....

Pricsilla Barnet / contact. Less Expensive (2K/mo & 2K up front), but services from 'Good Samaritan' are extra. Balcony or patio with the rooms.

I'm SO excited about the po...

I'm SO excited about the possibilities here :) This community has the look and feel of what I had in mind to help her really enjoy this stage of her life :) I am ESPECIALLY impressed by the ability of her staying for 90 days to 'test drive' and make sure she is happy here! This gives her authority and I believe that will help her feel better about the transition she is going to go through! What a GREAT idea! I certainly hope this place looks as good in person because I am in love with it!

I like this one 3 meals daily, on si...

I like this one 3 meals daily, on site manager, emergency cord ect...

very nice wonderful place to retire

very nice wonderful place to retire

Tucked away in a quiet suburb of Bettendorf, residents love the convenience of living in this charming and bustling community. You’ll appreciate being just minutes from shopping, medical offices and numerous unique attractions scattered across the region.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind