The Landings of Columbus - Columbus, GA

You feel like family here

My Aunt is very happy being here. The staff really go out of their way to make you feel like you’re part of their family. The marketing director is doing a great job as well; she’s there every day trying to make sure the facility is presented in the best way. My Aunt loves the food. She says it’s well seasoned and they offer substitutes if she doesn’t like the main entree; the only complaint she has is that they serve a bit too much. The cleanliness seems to be pretty good, there isn’t a lot of clutter, and housekeeping comes in to change her sheets and clean the room once a week. They also come in every day to empty the trash and dust. They offer a few activities like bingo and entertainment. I would definitely recommend this place!

They did not keep my father safe

One of the reasons I moved my father to this community is because they agreed to follow 3 steps in his care as he was a fall risk. They were to dress him and to put him to bed each night, they were to use a special mate we had purchased that would pad him should he fall if he did get out of bed without assistance and they were to do 30 minutes bed checks. He was only there 3 days when he fell and broke his hip and he passed away 10 days later. When my father fell they did notify me right away and following his death when I approached them they said that there had been a new care giver with him that night that had not been informed of the protocol for his care. We also know that my father put himself to bed that night because he did not have his diaper on and he had put his pajama bottoms on backward. I would not recommend this community to anyone.

My sister is adjusting well.

The people are all very friendly and nice. My sister doesn't like the food they serve sometimes but they do offer an alternative menu. She seems to be happy here and I would recommend them.