Morningside of Columbus - Columbus, GA

The community has 42 suites on one level with three different floor plans options. Each suite includes a large closet and has a private bath that is handicapped-equipped.

Our affordable monthly cost is based on the chosen suite floor plan. Each suite includes utilities and routine maintenance.

Our levels of care provide for individuals who are independent, as well as those who require partial or total assistance with daily tasks, for example: bathing, dressing, transferring, personal care, etc.

Morningside provides three balanced meals a day, plus snacks, under the direction of our Food Service Director. Special diets are also available.

Each resident has an emergency call pendent. When pressed, pendent signals pagers worn by all on-duty resident assistants. The pagers display information regarding who need their immediate assistance.

Through our Healthy Generation balanced programming, we give our residents the opportunity to learn, grow and define their lives. We care for the whole person.

Five Star Quality Care’s mission is to partner with families to meet the challenges of life as their loved one’s age.

Overall it's pretty good.

The only problem we have is in the apartment the toilet kept overflowing. So building maintenance could be improved. The activities are good, they go on various field trips. The food could be improved, it's a 2.5. They could have more choices, and the quality could be better. They need more staffing, they are short staffed, they have a high turnover rate. Overall it's pretty good. I like how they are helping her adjust.

Five Star Reviews

As the Executive Director, I appreciate the kind words and compliments that you have for our recreation and activity program. Thank you too for the recognition that we are collaborating to make your loved one’s adjustment successful. I am so glad that we resolved the plumbing issue- I know that can be aggravating! I would like to hear more about your comments regarding the food and the staffing. At Morningside, we know that both are so important to creating the lifestyle that our residents want and deserve. For the food, we try to accommodate the preferences and tastes of our residents. We have Food Committee meetings where the residents and families contribute suggestions regarding the menu selections they have enjoyed and what can be improved or enhanced. We do have some always served options if the menu choices for the day are enticing for an individual resident’s tastes. Our Food & Dining Director and I would be delighted to meet with you privately as well. I am concerned about your impressions about our staffing- one of the outstanding attributes of Morningside of Columbus is the we have team members with many years of service to our community and our residents. I have been here for almost a decade. We strive daily to ensure the happiness, satisfaction, safety and comfort of our residents and the peace of mind of our families so my door is always open. I am eager to talk with you. And last, but not least- thank you so much for giving us a Five Star rating and the opportunity to address your concerns!

Melissa Ryland