Great Facility

The staff here are very caring and very responsive. My grandmother can be picky but they never fail to accommodate her desires with a smile. Very happy with this facility's level of care and respect for the residents.

Staff is amazing

5 star rating

They have accommodated my aunt in every way possible. She is eating better than she has in the last 2 years. She is very happy there. If I could rate the staff a 10+ I would.

New home away from home

I couldn't imagine a better place for my Aunt. After coming from the hospital and needing 24/7 care assisted living was suggested. I researched and visited multiple facilities and once I visited Orangeburg Manor and met the director, Marion, I knew this was the place for her! When my aunt arrived on her first day, the staff was amazing! Everyone came and introduced themselves to her and since then my Aunt has thanked me often and told me how happy she is at Orangeburg Manor!

Good Community

Orangeburg Manor is a good community overall. My mother is in this community and seems to be enjoying herself. She states that the food is good and the dining staff is well staffed and organized. The staff is very friendly and the ratio of staff to resident seems to be good. They do have call lights in the rooms to promote safety and security. They could do better as far as the activities available to residents. I have not heard of any outings or trips for the residents.

very good

They have really been very good with my mother, and very patient with her. She has fallen several times, and I always get a prompt phone call letting me know so I can go in and check on her. So far I have no complaints. The only thing that could be better is if they had more activities. It would be good if they had a table set up to do jigsaw puzzles and a few other things. They do play cards and bingo, but that is about it.

Very clean and doesn't smell!

My first thing my wife said when she came in was that it doesn't smell and it's very clean, which is a big deal. The staff is very friendly, nice and accommodating!

good community

I haven’t heard anything bad about this community. Everything seems to be okay. When I’ve been there everything has been clean and the staff has been very friendly. They have activities and their care services are working for us.

This place is beautiful. T...

This place is beautiful. Tori and Marcela are so great... I wish I could remember other names, everyone was lovely. I have chosen Orangeburg Manor for my father, it was the first place I visited and I just didn't feel the need to look further. Tori is a gem...perfect person for that job!

Mom really enjoys it here!

Mom really seems to enjoy it here, and has perked up a lot since moving here! It's a very nice looking smaller community, and the staff have all been very friendly and caring. If Mom were a bit younger we might have gone with a larger community that would have a larger variety of activities going on, but this place is just the right size. They could do a bit better with the activities here, Mom has poor eyesight which really limits the number of activities she is able to participate in.

Orangeburg Manor/A place for Mom

Thanks to Katie @ a Place for Mom we were able to find the perfect home for my Mom! Orangeburg Manor was the first place we looked at and it was the last! The entire staff was extremely friendly and we got a personal tour by the owner himself! This home for people who need assistance is wonderful, clean and you can see by the residents they are treated with dignity & respect! I recommend A place for Mom & Orangeburg Manor to anyone whose Parent's need help in the everyday chores in life!

An Early Impression

My mom has been at Orangeburg Manor for only a week. While the ambience of this establishment is not quite as ornate or swanky as many others, it does promote a clean and healthy living environment for it's residents. The staff seems truly dedicated to providing quality care to all. I felt nervous when leaving Orangeburg Manor on the day I brought my mom there. However, when I arrived the very next day to find my mom playing Bingo (with a smile on her face), I knew I had made a fine choice. And while the rooms are certainly on the small size, my mom and I have nothing else to complain about.

Very helpful and friendly

The friendliness could go beyond a five, they're great so far. The price is a little steep for mothers budget but its comparable to other options out there. So far we haven't had any problems with the care they provide and I haven't looked too close at activities, mother doesn't participate in too much of it, she'll do the bingo but thats about it. They do have a good variety of activities and a board with everything listed on it. We looked up some other places before we went to orangeburg and they offered a room that opened up to the patio and it was really clean. Everyone went out of their way to clean and they were really helpful and friendly so we chose orangeburg and we're very happy with it.

Great!

It's great! All thumbs up!

Liked this one very much.

Liked this one very much.

Met director. Very nice place sim to ...

Met director. Very nice place sim to the size of her place already. Level 1 care, shared room 1850.00. Has opening.

Nice people

Nice people

Orangeburg Manor has been owner operated since 1989. Our caring staff is well trained in the many manifestations of behavioral and physical needs of those with dementia. Level Care Plans allow us to accommodate seniors with various stages of dementia, Alzheimers, Parkinsons, Diabetes, incontinence and more. All levels of service are planned with the understanding that a person's needs and desires change over time. We carry dementia and hospice waivers so that one can age in place.

We provide individualized care and encourage enlightened self help and strive to build a nurturing community where residents thrive with support of a caring staff and each other. We are dedicated to the importance of reaffirming one's strength, dinity and independence.