Options For Senior America - Richmond, VA

Options For Senior America - Richmond, VA has yet not published prices.

Options For Senior America Corp. started providing home care services in late 1989 to the residents of the Washington, DC metropolitan area. What started as a handful of customers grew substantially due to the personal customer service that the company's management has always been keen to provide.

Today, OPTIONS, a non-medical home care organization, has several offices in the states of Georgia, Maryland, Ohio and Virginia, serves hundreds of families a year, and can extend its long-term live-in services to any region on the East Coast of the United States.

We are constantly screening candidates for care provider recruitment. We believe that it is essential to keep a readily available pool of good caregivers to choose from. Each and every applicant for a Home Health Aide position at OPTIONS undergoes a thorough screening process before they are added to our roster. We first conduct a face-to-face interview of each applicant by a senior staff member. During the interview, we determine the applicant's qualifications, assess their talents, and evaluate their interpersonal attributes and special skills. A competence test determines their level of knowledge, and a minimum of two relevant references must be thoroughly checked. All of these elements of the screening process must be satisfied before we add applicants to our roster. Finally, we conduct a criminal background check on each applicant before we consider them ready for client assignments.

Compliment from a client.

Heavenly companion care is a very reputable, reliable company.
My caregivers was screened for all test by the agency before she started caring for me and very professional.

Thanks for all you do heavenly companion care home care agency team.

[Removed]

Availability of live-in care

I did an internet search and contacted several agencies. I selected Options for Senior America because of their availability to do live-in care. The care provider's performance was good and the experience with this agency has been excellent.

They turned it around...

When we first started using the Options For Senior America, the first lady was not very good. After we brought up the issue, they sent out a new caregiver and she was much better. She took very good care of my mother and made it a good experience for her.

A good home care service

The caregivers that come out the house have been on time, friendly and assist with what we ask of them. They help with light housekeeping, cooking, and personal needs. They explained everything up front and made setting up the service easy. I would recommend this service.

Good care

I am happy with this service. They were able to send me a good care taker who comes to my home and help with the need for my mom. I like that she is always on time. I like that she is helping with the personal care that is needed. She is always trying to help be a companion for my mom. I would recommend this service to other families needing good in home care for a loved one..

Excellent service!

We are happy with the service that is given by Options.

Highly recommended!

We were given several names of agencies to chose from. What made us chose Options is the recommendation of our consultant and the location. They get our all 5 rating!

Local Care providers were available

We were given names of 2 agencies. We called both and chose Options because local providers were available and because of their pricing. Care provider was very responsive to our needs and the performance was excellent.

It has been great to us!

Options has been great to us! The caregiver LaVonda is compassionate, dependable and competent. The management is a 5+!!

Options worked out great for us.

Options worked out great for us. We never had any complaints, or issues with people not showing up. We were happy with their service.

All is well.

Our doctor gave us several names of home care agencies to choose from. What made us choose Options is their service. The initial first contact, responsiveness to our needs, caregiver performance and the overall experience has been excellent!

This hasn't been the greatest experience!

We've been working with Options For Senior America for quite some time now and things were great at first. It was after working with them for a while and going from a caregiver that we loved to mediocre service from others. My parents loved the original caregiver that they had because she went above and beyond to make sure they were comfortable. Since she's been gone they constantly have to stay on top of the caregivers in order for them to do anything other than sit there. It has been really frustrating. I don't think that at this point I would refer them to anyone.

Care for dad

They helped me quickly and I couldn't be happier.

The caregiver who was sent by Options...

The caregiver who was sent by Options was very well suited to working well with elderly people, both by temperament and by training and personal experience.
She made a very positive contribution to my mother's last year.

Business office was less helpful.

Exceptional!

Very grateful for Options for providing our mother with the best home care we've had in the past years. Staff are compassionate, professional, and available on weekends in case of emergency. We did use them on weekends and they truly came through. 24/7 is not just talk with Options. They ARE there for you 24/7. Thank you Options!

Working out well for us

It's hard to know because I don't have a lot of different experience but i don't like the way the billing's managed. I feel like it's a bit hard to understand and I would much rather do a month at a time, it makes more sense to me and I suppose that's the biggest thing and that it's not local. We only have one care giver and she's worked out very well. I haven't been in a situation where I needed to have more people than that, for the 3 days that she comes and her approach and her background as far as working with us, that's worked out really well. I can't give it a 5 because I don't really know what would be perfect, I think all the needs are met for what we need and there's some flexibility, maybe eventually have somebody who can stay for overnight or more long term when I need to go out of town. I think it takes a little bit of time to really get a routine down but it's worked out very well and I think the person that has come in has helped that happen.