BrightStar Care of Richmond - North Chesterfield, VA

BrightStar Care of Richmond - North Chesterfield, VA has yet not published prices.

Very Professional and Caring.

We recently contracted with Brightstar to provide in home care for our dad. They were very accommodating and worked with us as schedules changed, both ours and theirs. I especially can't say enough about how professional and caring all of the caregivers were. They all did a great job in making sure he was comfortable and cared for.

Run from this company if you care at all for your loved one!

Run from this company, do not walk...Run! If you care for your loved one at all and want the best care for them then I advise you search elsewhere for knowledgeable, friendly and helpful staff. The presentation of services to be rendered was completely misleading... overstated and vastly underdelivered. I was told the nurses were skilled and would understand the needs of my mother and right out of the gate the woman they sent was clueless.

My 83 y/o mother had just received a hip replacement and we were looking for someone to help monitor her during a difficult phase of her recovery... basic stand and pivot to bedside commode... Turning in bed... monitoring blood pressures as she was, at the time, constantly fluxing with orthostatic hypotension. We were told the nursing staff was competent and would be able to do this and more, even light cleaning, meal preparation, full caring and respectful bed bath and some laundry service too! It sounded like a dream and too good to be true. It was exactly what I was looking for in terms of service and care for my mother. It was all a lie!

First off, they were unable to find anyone for several days to come out and help. We even had someone sheduled and they didn’t show up. When finally someone came, AN HOUR LATE, the woman literally huffed and rolled her eyes at me when I opened the door to let her in. She did not introduce herself in any way nor did she say two words as I led her downstairs to my mother’s care area. She was very defiant, contentious and acted like she definitely did not want to be here! I was so uneasy and uncomfortable at the encounter I wanted her to leave then and there. I asked her if she knew of my mother’s posterior hip precautions... no response! I asked if she was aware of how to do a stand and pivot and help mother out of the bed so as to avoid another hip dislocation, she looked at me like a deer in headlights. I then asked her if they had updated her on my mother’s condition and the care needed... her only response was “yeah, they said she was real hands on.” I proceeded to explain and instruct her as best I could. She then proceeded to sit in the chair across the room and watch the football game that my mother was watching at the time. I thought to myself “you’ve got to be kidding me! This is what you call a qualified caregiver and supportive palliative care!” She did not engage with my mother, speak to her nor even introduce her and give her name or offer to do anything other than, “you need me to fix her some food?”, to which I responded, obviously no, I had already fixed her lunch in the hour I was waiting, which she was eating at the time of this woman’s arrival.

The whole experience was incredibly uncomfortable, but I had to go out and replenish supplies and groceries and other errands. I was so hesitant to leave but mother was having a really good day and was in bed watching the game, so I thought I could run out real quick and then just get back ASAP. I got as far as the parking lot of the store a few minutes away and immediately turned around and came back to dismiss the woman and figure out another solution.

I called the oncall staff at Brightstar and explained the situation. They told me the woman had wanted to call out and not work that day so that was the excuse for the unprofessional behavior... I was thinking... why would you send that in the first place if that is the best you have... They tried to assure me that they did have really good qualified individuals and for me to give them another try the next day. They said this woman was no longer work with the company… Which I thought was strange to inform me of their employment decisions. They tried to convince me again to have them send another woman. I told them no... I would make other arrangements as they were obviously unable to deliver adequate staff to begin with. The woman was there all of 30 minutes. I dismissed her immediately upon my return home.

Some time later I noticed I noticed an automatic debit from them to my bank account for $98. I disputed it. They were incredibly rude on the phone and very short with me stating it would be under review. I guess it’s still under review because the charges were not reversed. Very unprofessional, very shady and very inappropriate business practices I advise anyone and everyone to look elsewhere!

Bright Star is a good care provider. My only negative is the ever changing faces of who the care giver is each day and the lack of punctuality in the mornings. The office staff is on top of things and will call to check if something happens to suspend care for a short time.

Caregiving not at its best

Continuity of care is crucial in caregiving, and Bright Star failed miserably in this aspect. I was initially promised the highest quality of service; that, at the most, my father would have no more than 3 to 4 caregivers; and that the schedule would always be covered. First, caregivers were seldom on time for the shift. Second, in one week alone, there were 6 different caregivers, often changing in mid shift and without any notice from Bright Star. Also, there were instances when my schedule was not covered. In effect, promises made were not kept.
Most alarming, one of the caregivers, who was to have stayed overnight, left after 4.5 hours of a 12 hour shift, and therefore left my father alone for 7.5 hours. I had to notify Bright Star of this.

Home Care for Dad

Brightstar was dependable, flexible and nice to work with. The nurses aides were punctual, professional and caring in providing services. We were very happy and would use them again.

No complaints!

BrightStar care's home service is great! The staff is great; they do exactly what they need to do in order to care for me. They are sure to keep everything clean and sanitized. I have no complaints, as this is a great service!

They have done a good job.

They have done a good job. They have been reliable, and we have no complaints. They are working out well so far.

Excellent Company!

Mark and his team at Brightstar have enabled my father to stay at home. They have provided us with wonderful caregivers and and first rate customer service. I'd recommend them to anyone looking for home care for their loved one

I have been pretty happy with them.

I have been pretty happy with them. They have been reliable, and the billing has gone smoothly. I would say they get a five at this point.

Good but expecting it to get better

I think my rating will improve as my concern has been with the CNA not the service. Unfortunately, the young CNA has not been reliable either arriving late or not at all.

However, tonight when I had already left my home only to have her not show and not call for sometime, I called the agency and they worked diligently and had someone at my home with my mother promptly.

So ask again after a new CNA is assigned to our case.

They have not been dependable so far.

We can't seem to find people who are available when they say they will be. We can't get a consistent caregiver, it's different people a lot of the time. Sometimes they will call last minute and tell me they will be late. We chose them because they were enthusiastic, and they said they would be flexible, and able to do what we needed. So far they have not been dependable and have not delivered. They all seem to be friendly and well meaning.

Didn't care for upfront pay...

Didn't care for upfront payment.Even though it would apply to 1st care visit I felt blindsided.

Life is so much more than a to-do list. It's a series of moments with the people we love, making memories that make up a lifetime. BrightStar understands this, and is committed to making more of those moments possible in the lives of those we care for.

Richmond Owners,Mark and Amy Grasser purchased BrightStar because they once needed help caring for a loved one, and didn't know where to turn to give him the help and care he needed and deserved. BrightStar Care of Richmond provides the full continuum of homecare, childcare, staffing and support services for individuals, families and healthcare facilities. We help keep parents and grandparents out of nursing facilities and in the comfort and familiarity of their own homes, as well as assisting parents with their childcare needs. We can provide every service available at a nursing facility in the comfort and familiarity of your loved one's home. From companionship, to toileting and hygiene assistance, to in-home blood draws and around the clock nursing care, our services are available to meet our clients' every need and make more possible in their lives.

All of the care we provide is overseen by our full time Director of Nursing, an RN with over 35 years of experience providing care to her patients. We are available 24-hours a day to take care of your loved ones needs, and BrightStar Care of Richmond is Joint Commission Accredited.