Options for Senior America - Gaithersburg, MD

Options for Senior America - Gaithersburg, MD has yet not published prices.

Options For Senior America Corp. started providing home care services in late 1989 to the residents of the Washington, DC metropolitan area. What started as a handful of customers grew substantially due to the personal customer service that the company's management has always been keen to provide.

Today, OPTIONS, a non-medical home care organization, has several offices in the states of Georgia, Maryland, Ohio and Virginia, serves hundreds of families a year, and can extend its long-term live-in services to any region on the East Coast of the United States.

We are constantly screening candidates for care provider recruitment. We believe that it is essential to keep a readily available pool of good caregivers to choose from. Each and every applicant for a Home Health Aide position at OPTIONS undergoes a thorough screening process before they are added to our roster. We first conduct a face-to-face interview of each applicant by a senior staff member. During the interview, we determine the applicant's qualifications, assess their talents, and evaluate their interpersonal attributes and special skills. A competence test determines their level of knowledge, and a minimum of two relevant references must be thoroughly checked. All of these elements of the screening process must be satisfied before we add applicants to our roster. Finally, we conduct a criminal background check on each applicant be

Care and Comfort

This is a great community for care. The staff is very nice and very attentive to the residents. The community is clean with a nice environment. They offer a nice variety of meals. Activities are offered to the residents. We would recommend this community for the care of a loved one.

Wonderful!

Beverly, the aide, is wonderful and my parents have adjusted to her well.

Great service!

I knew that weekly I get a break and help with my father and the housework. The caregiver [Removed] is excellent, and so is the responsiveness of the staff at the corporate office.

Quality of the aides

What I like the most about Options is the quality of the care rendered by their aides.

Probably a good company, need to reconsider staff members

The manager of this office is the most unprofessional, poorly spoken and ill knowledged home care professional I've dealth with. I would rather communicate with his office staff one hundred times over before I deal with him again. [Removed], you have put a very sour taste in my mouth and I will never again consider using your services. I am sure the company is great as there are plenty of great reviews but I won't find out.

Sam Rihani

We appreciate your feedback and candid comments. We apologize for the experience that you recently encountered. Rest assured that we take your comments very seriously. Reviews like yours give us an opportunity to evaluate ourselves and know where we have an opportunity to improve. We would very much like to address this further with you. Since we do not have your contact information, would you be kind enough to speak with our Regional Manager? If so, please call [removed] and ask for Delores. Thank you.

Responsiveness of staff

The professionalism of the staff and responsiveness of [Removed], the care coordinator, and the way the aides interact with my Mom are very appreciative.

Very responsive.

[Removed] (Community Relations Manager) and [Removed] (Care Coordinator) do a great Job. They are very responsive.

Spoke with this company regarding home health care. Very expensive. But would consider for respite care.

Very compssionate and caring

Love both of these gals Ingrid and Felicia (Options care providers). Very compassionate and caring. By the way thanks for the sympathy card and for attending the funeral.

Disappointed with lack of care provided !!

I am very disappointed with the lack of care my loved one received from Options for Senior America. They did not have any patience with my mother and where so quick to give up on her care then provide her with patience and comfort with this new adjustment of caregivers in the home. I have cancelled my services with this company and would not recommend them to anyone.

Can get assistance whenever needed.

Zee, the care provider is excellent. What I like most about Options is that they can get assistance whenever needed. Thanks.

Exceptional!

Leila and Lia really work very hard and provide care when last minute changes occur.They also keep me informed when I cannot be there. Exceptional !

Overall excellent!

Sheila is an excellent care provider. She interacts with my mother and the family very well. She is compassionate and dependable. Overall quality of service: excellent.

Good overall quality of service!

Both caregivers Natasha and Chema provide excellent care for my mother. The responsiveness of the staff at the branch and corporate offices is good and the overall quality of services is good.

Staright "A"

Have been using Options for Senior America for many years now to provide care for my mother 3 days a week. The service is a straight "A" for the providers as well as the management.

Great caregiver!

We enjoyed having Mulugheta [ name removed] as a caregiver from Options for our Dad. He was quite helpful with a courteous demeanor, and willing to step in and assist where needed. His dependability and punctuality were reassuring to us. Dad enjoyed and benefited from the exercises that Mulu encourage him to perform.

Good home care service!

We're very pleased with how things have turned out with Options for Senior America! The people here are professional and easy to work with. They check in frequently to make sure things are working out with the caregiver, and they were very accommodating in working with us until we found someone who was a good match!

Ramzi Rihani

Thank you so much for using Options home care services and sharing your positive feedback. It is such feedback that keeps us trying to continuously improve our service to the community. Options Management team

Management is awesome!!

I have no complaint with the management from Options For Senior America. David [last name removed] has been great! The caregiver on the other hand is not very pro active when it comes to household duties. I was gifted some beautiful flowers for Mother's Day that are now on their last limb and they are still sitting in the vase and yet to be thrown out. My floors are filthy unless I remind her that there are things to be done. Don't get me wrong she is a very nice lady but it's as if she doesn't remember.

Highly Recomment

I was impressed with the representative who I talked to from Options for Senior America. He was very personable and helpful. The aide that he sent to work with my father was a jewel, a match made in heaven.

Elder Care

Options for Senior America has been very supportive and thorough with the transition to 24/7 care for our elderly parent. They have been very flexible and responsive to our needs. The caregiver is excellent. He is very patient, has a very positive attitude and deals extremely well with our elderly parent. He has a keen understanding on the information the family members need while being diplomatic and respectfully caring for our elderly parent. When we had an emergency situation, the caregiver and care manager were very responsive.

The support and positive interactions from the Options staff has definitely helped us with this challenging phase of life.

Outsatnding!

I had other home healthcare options to choose from but I am so glad I chose Options For Senior America. The services provided to my Dad along with the support from staff were outstanding.
Stephanie J. - Hyattsville, MD

Great with Dementia Patients

Options for Senior America helped pair my elderly father with the best possible care provider. Not only was she prepared to go the extra mile to help him health-wise in his home, but she would also read to him and talk to him, something no other Care Provider from any other agency had ever done.
Thank you Options for Senior America.

The agency we've been looking for.

It was long overdue. We've been looking for a home care service that is reliable, trustworthy, professional and whose caregivers are compassionate, knowledgeable, and can be trusted with leaving them with my parents. Options for Senior America provided all this and more. Belinda, the caregiver, was a God sent! Thank you Options.

Excellent service!

Best home care service we've had since 2009. They are excellent! We've had 4 home care agencies in the past 5 years and Options proved to be by far the best one in terms of quality, reliability, cost, selection of their care givers and their after hours response time. Their office staff are very attentive to our needs. Wish we found them earlier.

Slow Response

We didn't use them because they were really slow to respond to my emails. I thought that was odd for a company trying to get my business. If they are that slow to respond to my emails in the beginning what kind of service would I have?

Best experience in home care!

Can't go wrong with this company! Great and friendly staff but most of all excellent caregivers. The nurse they sent us was knowledgeable, hardworking, polite, reliable and very passionate. She became part of our family. When we informed Options about how happy we were with the aide, they gave her an award! Strongly recommended.

Very happy with this service.

We've used this agency for about a year now and they have come through 95% of the times. Their caregivers are compassionate, experienced and professional. My father is not easy to take care of but they managed to handle him very efficiently. When we had the snow storm last week and all government offices were close the caregiver was late to arrive but we got a call from the office to alert us to this. They seem to be on top of it.

Lucked out with this agency!

We researched 3 agencies and finally got to pick this one. The person we spoke to seemed to be friendly and knowledgeable but we did not know what to expect from the aide they sent us. To our good surprise the aide was a God sent. She really went over and above the call of duty to assist. Later on we learned that she was rewarded by Options for the good work she has done. This agency knows how to treat and keep its good aides.

Most likely to begin with aides here....

Most likely to begin with aides here. Flexible and don't require alot of paperwork for private pay.