Review of Olney Assisted Living - Olney, MD

When my father's condition deteriorated to the point where he needed help, we were fortunate enough to get him a room here. The staff is friendly and very helpful and the family has a positive energy and not found at many other places. All in all, this has been a great choice.

Review of Olney Assisted Living - Olney, MD

Mom has been living here for two years. Each day she says she has no complaints. She has made many friends.

Review of Olney Assisted Living - Olney, MD

Everybody is very caring & friendly and willing to help and please for our families safety. Their rooms are very nice. Great Nursing and Field Staff. No competition.

Review of Olney Assisted Living - Olney, MD

Excellent support & service. My mother is always clean, dressed well and well taken care of... with love and compassion.

Review of Olney Assisted Living - Olney, MD

I love the warmth and genuine kindness from each of the team members. [removed] is amazing & made the transition super smooth for my dad.

Review of Olney Assisted Living - Olney, MD

Excellent!! Top notched care and interaction with the residents and families. Staff is so much like family and knows their resident's personalities and needs. Very updated new facility (2015) and the lowest cost of locked Alzheimer's facility in [the] area with same high quality. They take residence out into [the] community to field trips monthly.

Superior!

Review of Olney Assisted Living - Olney, MD

I am pleased with the total care. Personal care is excellent. Activities are varied and are conducted for several hours each day. The staff is very caring.

The staff at Olney Assisted Living have been outstanding in the care and attentive to my mom ([Removed]). Your family has seen remarkable stability and improvement in our mother’s mental health and general health. We were surprised at how she participants in the activities, outings and group sessions. She is very happy and we have Olney Assisted Living for her progress.

A waste of my time

I toured Olney Memory Care, and thought it could be a good fit for my parent. The marketing director, [Removed], seemed knowledgeable. She introduced me to [Removed], the Executive director, and I was impressed with her background and experience. [Removed] asked if she could follow up with me by phone in a few days, and I said sure. Never called or contacted me. After several weeks, ready to make the move, I called and spoke with [Removed]. She was responsive to my questions, and said [Removed] would follow up. Again, no word from [Removed]. I email her, and she replies as if we have never spoken previously. After refreshing her memory, [Removed] asks if I would like her to arrange for the nursing assessment. I state that I would, and again [Removed] goes MIA. She reappears several weeks later, no mention of her lack of responsiveness, and says she will call the next day to set up the assessment. And yes, no call, no email, no consideration. This facility is 4 years old and has never been full. At over 8K/month, they are priced at the upper end when compared with the competition. If you are this unresponsive with potential residents' families, what happens after people have invested tens of thousands of dollars? Someone familiar with this facility told me they only want to admit more independent residents. If that's the case, be honest and stop playing with peoples' lives!

Plenty to do!

The staff here is good and they work well with mom. At first there was problems, but they were prompt to get them handled. Mom likes the food and going to the dining hall to mingle. The community and moms room is always clean and neat. I'm glad that mom always have enough to keep her busy.

Happy with this community!!

My husband is doing very well. The staff is wonderful here. Their is a wide variety of food to choose from. They offer activities in which sometimes my husband participates. The community is very well up kept and clean.

The helpful staff, the great food, the variety of activities have been more than I expected for my brother. After being in 3 other facilities he is finally at a facility that treats him properly with care and dignity.

Not Pleased

Not very pleased with this community. My father fell within the first 24 hours of moving in and fell again 10 days later. The staff was not very friendly and they did not inform me when changes would happen with my father's medication. The community is clean and the social director was great!

Olney Assisted Living is a memory care specific community for individuals with Alzheimer's disease and other types of dementia. Compassionate care is provided in an environment designed specifically for those with memory loss. Each community trait and building feature has been selected to foster independence and freedom. This includes cozy interior 'neighborhoods,' a central Town Center featuring a beauty/barber shop, and individual memory display cases outside of each resident's room to help with recognition. Daily life enrichment programming is provided with the goal of enhancing cognition, feelings of accomplishment, and quality of life. Licensed, on-site nursing care is provided 24 hours a day, seven days a week by a team of experienced professionals. Families seeking memory care for a loved one will feel right at home in this memory care specific community.