The Gardens of Scottsdale - Scottsdale, AZ

Located just minutes from historic Old Town Scottsdale, The Gardens of Scottsdale sits in the heart of one of "America's Most Livable Cities" near two major Arizona State Routes. We pride ourselves in our commitment to preserve dignity, nurture the spirits of our residents, celebrate individuality, enable freedom of choice, encourage independence and involve family and friends.

Discover our beautifully landscaped courtyard and gardens, enjoy our fine cuisine or join in an activity or social group. At The Gardens, we have an abundance of ways to make your life here enjoyable. Here is Assisted Living committed to comfort and care: tastefully appointed apartment-style living, attractive and spacious community areas and daily assistance from an attentive, caring and trained staff. At The Gardens, we take care to consider your needs as well as your wishes.

The Gardens of Scottsdale is perfect for my mother

My 93 year old mother entered assisted living at the Gardens of Scottsdale last month. She adamantly did not want to leave her home of 42 years, but her caregiver could no longer give her the care that she now needed. However, after just two days at the Gardens, she loved it there. She realized that this is the place that she needed to be. The caregivers and staff are very attentive and loving. They really do take it upon themselves to make sure she is safe and happy. She likes the food, and has met some new friends there. It is not an overwhelming facility so is just the right size for my mother. They also have skilled nursing and a memory unit, which is an important aspect to me. I am now traveling and it is a comfort to me knowing that she is safe and in good hands.

A good community

This community was a strong option for us. We liked the way the community looked. They have a nice dining room and the food looked good. The staff we met were nice and it is in a good location. The community we chose was just a little closer to family.

My mom's happy home

The care at this community. We like the staff and they are always caring and attentive to her needs. The meals are outstanding. I like that she is active with the others in the activities. The community is a clean and nice atmosphere. I like knowing that they made my mom feel welcome. We had the feeling when we arrived that this community would be a great place for my mom.

We toured on May 11 2017; wonderful setting; very good feeling from staff; we placed our 100-old-year old mother in the SNF at the Gardens; considering assisted living facilities when she is discharged.

A very good fit!

The Gardens of Scottsdale has definitely met our expectations. The place is very clean and the meals are very good. The food is better than other places we had toured. It is working out very well for my father so far and we are very happy.

A good place for dad

Dad says the food is pretty good I would give it a three point five. They offer a lot of activities. The staff are good with him and he really likes them. They are attentive and we have good communication. They keep the community clean and I would recommend this community.

Great Care

I am happy with the care that is provided here. Excellent staff team that is helpful and very caring. I like that they have alot of activities here. I would recommend the great care that is offered here to other families.

Fantastic staff

The staff at The Gardens of Scottsdale have been fantastic. It has been an easy transition for my father-in-law. He seems happy with the food also.

Great facility

It was a great experience. My Father is no longer with us, but The Gardens was an excellent facility. Thank you.

Excellant community for Mom

We consulted with Karen Reedy from "A Place for Mom and found The Gardens of Scottsdale. Karen gave us the guidance to find a suitable facility and The Gardens is a 5 minute drive for us.
The staff at the Gardens are happy and caring and is reflected in the many residents that I talked to before making a decision.

Quality Care

I am very pleased with the care my mother is getting at the Gardens of Scottsdale. The caregivers and staff are very pleasant and individualize attention for the residents. I can sleep at night knowing mom is safe and and getting excellent care.

Premises Are Beautiful

The food is great and the premises are beautiful, all the staff is very good and dad has come out of his shell from coming from home to this facility, they are really caring. The only issue is communication regarding Melatonin needs at night.

Five Star Reviews

Thank you for your comments regarding our communication with you regarding Melatonin. Because we are committed to always communicating with family members, I would hope for the opportunity to meet with you. As a Healthcare Center we are required to obtain doctor’s orders for medications. We apologize if we did not communicate our actions more timely. Again, we welcome your comments and hope to meet with you should you still have concerns now or in the future. Susan Goad, Executive Director.

Really? How could you NOT know it MIGHT happen?

Let me start out with a few positive things about this facility. It is very beautiful outside. Inside is clean and smells wonderful. Resident rooms are nice sized for comfort and skilled staff members. By all outward appearances, things are quite nice until, " that one little mishap."
My elderly mother with dementia was on a one month respite stay to determine if it would work out permanently. Mom tends to wander and all members of staff "knew" this. Well..... I received a phone call from the Phoenix police department informing me that my mother was in a mattress store, confused, and lost. I immediately called the Scottsdale Gardens, told them who I was and asked about my mother. I asked if they were "missing" anyone. Their response, "Well no." I informed them of the call from the police and they quickly realized the trouble that would soon ensue.
I am appalled at the lack of accountability of this facility. Mom had a "wander guard" bracelet on, but obviously removed it , AGAIN. This facility is sorely lacking at keeping a better eye on residents who are a wander risk. Needless to say, I have removed her from this place and the facility made it very clear she was "unable to continue there and I would have to make other arrangements, because she needed a secure facility and they had a waiting list for their secure area.
This facility doesn't have alarms on doors for alerting, even when residents remove their bracelets.

Five Star Reviews

The Gardens of Scottsdale strives to deliver the highest degree of care and safety to our seniors. We were very concerned for the safety of one of our residents who removed her safety bracelet making it difficult for us to enforce our safety protocols. Whenever a situation occurs regarding safety concerns as a team of professionals, we evaluate our internal procedures and implement changes as necessary to prevent the occurrence of future events. We are proud of our care track history in the community and work to continue to earn the trust of the residents and families we serve. Susan Goad, Executive Director.

Very nice place, really lik...

Very nice place, really liked it, but it was a bit above my Dads price range. They did call back to let me know they would find out if any of the small studio rooms would be available, which would bring the price down, which was nice.

Dark halls and just did not...

Dark halls and just did not seem upbeat. Tour was disappointing.

Five Star Reviews

Thank you for telling us about your impressions. We would like to know when your toured our community and to invite you to visit us again. We have been in the process of a renovation and perhaps that made the hallways seem dark. Our new colors have given us a fresh new look. The renovation is almost done as we will soon have our new furniture and additional finishing touches! Our Renovation Celebration for our residents, families and friends of The Gardens is on the schedule and we would like to invite you to the event and/or to return for your own personal visit. Our calendar features a full complement of social, recreational and wellness activities and our residents and families are very engaged and active in the life of our community. We would be delighted to arrange for you to speak with one of our resident ambassadors or family members so that you can get their viewpoint of The Gardens of Scottsdale. I trust that this is all helpful for you. Please contact us again so that we have the opportunity to revisit your first impression.

-Teresa Finney

I like this community.

It is a wonderful with kind and caring people. The food is great. There are patios for the residents to enjoy. I think the people, the staff are the very best feature that stands out the most. It is conveniently located with enough parking. I like this community.

Not active enough too small...

Not active enough too small and far away

Good care, with a few issues

My loved one was here temporarily after we moved her to this state while we looked around at different options. It was a nice enough place, and they were caring and attentive, however I felt like they relied slightly too much on medication. She always seemed sedated while she was here.

Five Star Reviews

Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience at The Gardens of Scottsdale. Our goal is to make every resident’s stay here an enjoyable one and leave a positive impression. We pride ourselves on enhancing the resident’s quality of life by creating a caring setting with kind, well-trained staff. It is in this setting that we can foster a sense of independence, dignity, and choice for your loved one, as well as the rest of our residents. I look forward to the opportunity to discuss your experience so please feel free to contact me at our community's main line, extension 223. Again, I appreciate your feedback as it helps us to enrich the services provided for our residents.

Kelly Bojorquez
Executive Director
The Gardens of Scottsdale

Absolutely wonderful place and excellent care

It was actualyl really good and I loved this facility; I'm partial to them but they don't do day stays. My dad was in there full time and it was amazing. He got physical therapy, occupational therapy.... he went in in a wheelchair not knowing very much at all because he had a large seizure; he was very scared the first couple of days and they worked with me and my daughter and my father and he came out barely using a walker and wanting to go back and visit, they did a lot for his morale. They had really amazing meals, I wasn't upset having our meals there instead of going out to eat. I would absolutely suggest them. He doesn't have long term care so we had to pay out of pocket but I would find a way to make it happen if he needed to go back.

The employees were by far the best. ...

The employees were by far the best. Some confusion on the touring schedule but we got our tour from one of the nurses. She did NOT have room pricing. Set up assessment of my father at his place (Tuscany). Loved the people tha assessed him. This would by my first choice.

Felt like a medical facility. Older b...

Felt like a medical facility. Older building. Had window ac units like a hotel. Not much to the grounds.