Friendly and affordable

In July an entirely new management team took this facility over, so it's night and day compared to the old owners. Oceanside Hawaii is located less than an hours drive from Honolulu. That could be a good or bad thing depending on your perspective. For those who want their aging parents in a quiet facility close to nature and far from the hustle and bustle, traffic and tourists of the city, this is a good choice. The new facilities have been renovated and they've gone out of their way to create a family atmosphere with friendly staff. Besides being friendly, they have qualified professionals onsite who are RNs (registered nurses) and LPNs (Licensed Practitioner Nurses) so your loved ones are in safe and competent hands. Best of all, because they are located away from the crazy real estate prices of the city, their costs are lower and they pass that on to their clients. Oceanside's prices are almost half that of those in the city. Definitely worth taking a tour to see if this is for your parents.

I do not write reviews but I am a big fan of reading reviews. After going through the difficult process of making the decision to move my mother to an assisted living facility, I feel compelled to share my experience as I definitely have benefited from the efforts of other reviewers. All I can so is I am so glad I got to visit this facility a few months ago and made the decision to place my mother in this facility. I live in Northern CA and do a lot of business in HI. My mother has always wanted to be in HI. Those factors made the location choice of the facility an easy one to make. But finding an affordable facility in HI was not easy let alone finding a quality care facility with good caring staffs. I visited a few assisted living facilities before deciding on this one. If you are searching for assisted living facility or memory care, I highly recommend taking a tour of this facility. Unlike the negative reviews, my experience here was drastically different. I got to meet the staff and felt reassured knowing that my mother will be well taken care of. My mother has always prided herself on maintaining her independence so moving her to as assisted living facility was not an easy decision. But after getting to know this facility and meeting the staff, I felt more confident in my decision. It is important to know that my mother is able to maintain her independence but that help was nearby if she needed it. It is also nice knowing that she does not need to concern herself with daily chores and that the facility can accommodate her as her needs increase with age. Since moving in, my mother has spoken fondly of the staff. They have a wonderful team of people there running the facility. I highly recommend this facility if you are in search of one. Good luck!

The Ponds at Punalu'u is Hawaii's Affordable Option for Senior Living. The Ponds offer Independent Living, Assisted Living, Alzheimer's/Dementia care, and overnight respite. Our month-to-month rentals include a choice of several studios, one and two bedroom apartments.

Independent Living is ideal for the active senior who wants the peace of mind knowing, if they need assistance, there is staff available 24 hours a day. Assisted Living is designed to help seniors stay independent by providing assistance for activities of daily living such as bathing, grooming, medication administration, and reminders. The Gardens, our Alzheimer's/Dementias Adult Residential Care Home (ARCH II), is a secure wing on the first floor where residents can wander in safety. The Gardens staff is trained to care for residents dealing with memory loss.

Short-term visits, or respite, ensure caregivers the time to take a break while knowing their loved ones have staff available to them 24 hours a day. Our Respite program requires a minimum of three days, and no maximum, although many clients use this service for one to two weeks while they are on vacation

Call for your tour today!