Cozy and decorated tastefully. Rooms a good size. Building is old but is being refurbished. The price was one price, easy to calculate and understand. The staff was friendly and greeted the residents by name. The small number of residents make the center very personal.

Sorry to say but I have had an aunt and Uncle at this facility. I would not recommend it at all. Forgetting meds, losing clothes, missing appointments, going days without baths, must I go on. These people deserve the best of care in their elderly years.

Truly Bad News

Terrible place. Mom had bruises and broken bones. Had to be removed by recommendation by the doctor on staff. Hair was always dirty and clothing was covered with old food. All clothing was ruined by haphazard washing methods. Very little attention given.
Ownership has a high turnover and the people on staff never stay long or are fired. One hand never knows what the other is doing.

Tender loving care and comfort.

The care at this community. The staff are outstanding. The menu is very good with a nice variety of healthy meals. They do have activities that she is active with the other residents, but we would like to see her do more and they are working with her on her participation. We would recommend this community for other families for a good value.

Friend

This is a beautiful community nestled in the heart of Lynchburg. The community is clean. The residents and families are happy. Staff are kind and the Memory care is fantastic! The activities director is awesome! You should go by and have a tour you will be glad you did!!!

Awesome! The most affordable, all inclusive rate! Lg. Spacious suites!

This is a beautiful community with beautiful care givers. The Memory Care neighborhood has large beautiful rooms with a wonderful activities director. This is the only community in Lynchburg that has a all inclusive rate that beats the other community rates in Lynchburg. They never nickle and dime the families. One price every month. Stop by and have a tour with [Removed] the Marketing Director she is fantastic!

Great place for memory care

When we went to view the Elms we were extremely impressed with the cleanliness and friendliness of the facility. They treated use with kindness and understanding at a difficult time in our lives.They made Mom feel welcome and a part of their family from the minute she arrived.

I've only been to conduct activities for the community and the staff is always very welcoming. The residents are a joy to be around.

A very nice place that allows private showers for memory care if that is important.

attention

This is the worst place in the world to have your family I was just over visiting and over herd a the person giving medicine tell the aid [removed] right in front of people and as the day went on I notice she was still working so nothing was done I also notice that the residents were not being looked after one lady had to use the rest room they had her wait for at least 1 hour I also took notice the management staff was very unprofessional even down to there dress code this place need to be shut down

If you want your loved one to [removed] just send them here. If your loved one does not act the way they want them to act they will make sure pain medicine wait is as long as possible. If family tries to look after their loved one by asking questions or complaining to management about staff seek revenge and you are labeled a troublemaker.

THE PLACE YOU NEVER WNT FOR MOM

My experience with this facility was terrible. There are constant problems with getting help. The medications are given with all the residents gathered into 1 room like a herd of cattle. If you need help getting to the dining room you could have a long wait due to understaffing. On the weekends there is no one there who is regularly in charge. In fact after 4:00 each afternoon it is a ghost town. The staff that works regularly with the patients have great personality issues. I wouldn't put my poor dog there.

The Oaks of Lynchburg offers Residential Assisted Living for older adults. We provide 24 hour personal care, Medication administration, and three delicious meals a day. Here at The Oak we have a Registered Nurse and a full time activities director on staff. No long term lease required! The Oaks has been in Lynchburg for 12 years, and we will be here for tomorrow!
Call us today.