English Meadows Elks Home Campus - Bedford, VA

English Meadows Elks Home Campus - Bedford, VA has yet not published prices.

Poor

Only lived there a month but that was long enough to discover what a poorly run facility it is. The aides are routinely slow to answer page if they respond at all. Many are sloppy with the work, condescending and just unpleasant to deal with. It was very frustrating because supervisors don’t follow up on promises so they never get done. They also do not pay attention to the patient often doing things he expressly asked them not to. I moved there for assisted living component but when I needed it, it was totally undependable.

Unclean, unfriendly, outdated facility

I encourage anyone considering this facility to make an unannounced to campus. You will likely find staff members playing on their phones, yelling at residents, and/or missing all together.

The lobby has been updated. The “back of the house” is filthy and unkept.

I would never send a loved one here.

The staff are taking good care of mom.

This is a beautiful community. The assisted living area does offer more activities and amenities than the memory care unit. The assisted living area has a library, store and a nice dining hall. The food looks good and healthy. They do offer a few choices in the memory care unit.This is a family organization and we like this. They are working with us in regard to the financing and I would recommend this community.

Good, Safe Community, My Parents are Doing Well

This is a nice community, and my parents are doing very well with their move here. I know they are safe, and in good hands at this facility. Everything is working out very well. They have a good staff, they are very helpful, and polite. The community is very well maintained, and they clean my parents apartment pretty much everyday. I do feel comfortable with their move to this community, and I would recommend it.

Our mom is very happy there. She is really happy now.

They provide everything that our mom needs. They are very friendly and they have a beautiful campus and it’s a historical landmark. If you want a fancy new place, look elsewhere. It’s old, but clean. It’s a nice place to visit. So there are structural limitations, but everyone is so nice and friendly and personable. Our mom is very happy there. She is really happy now. I would completely give them a 10 for friendliness of the staff, if I could.