Oak Hills Terrace Memory Care - Tyler, TX

he mission of Oak Hill Terrace Memory Care is to serve the special needs of individuals living with Alzheimer's disease, dementia and other forms of memory loss. Equally impressive is our commitment to providing you and your loved one with impeccable service at every level. Every day at Oak Hill Terrace Memory Care we make it a goal to go above and beyond to enrich the lives of our residents. We offer exceptional care, innovative wellness programs and life enriching activities in a family atmosphere to create a community that supports the needs of those who live here.

With our Pathways program, a Montessori-based philosophy for care, we create a specialized, life-enriching environment that affords each individual maximum self-expression. The staff is committed to delivering a quality of care that meets the resident's physical, social, spiritual and emotional needs.

Our talented team of dedicated and caring staff are there when you need them. It can be different…let us show you how.

My mother's care

My mom is in this community for care. She does not like being away from home. The staff were nice and the community was clean. My mom did not like that the staff had a high turnover. The activities were helpful. We would recommend this community for other families for the care of a family member for the nice care and value

Not the right Community!

My loved is no longer at this community. The community told me that they deal with combative patients. When my loved one got there and started being combative they told me that I needed to move him. That the community might not be the right place for him. The staff was nice and helpful when I did need them. The community does offer activities, but my loved one did not want to participate.

Comfort For Mom!!

My mother received great care from the staff at Oak Hills Terrace Memory care. I was extremely pleased with their services. My mother walked out of the community very well she did not have any difficulty. Her interaction with people has also improved so much. I would definitely recommend this community their services are great and the staff goes above and beyond.

No Method For Assistance

I wish that there was a way for the residents to ask for help. There is no method of communication. If the resident is in their room and needs assistance, there is no way to contact anyone. They are totally dependent on someone happening to come by and check on them, and that is quite a problem I think.

Very impressed. Very homey, pleasant smells. Caregivers seem very engaged with patients. Flexible to meet patients desires. Handled a resident challenge in a de-escalating manner that brought calm to the resident. Outdoor areas are very pleasant. I was envied to lunch and found the food tasty and tender. Adaptions had been made to include all parts of a recipe but adjusting to ensure that food is easy to eat (ie. soft croutons in a Caesar salad). Resident room ms are nice size and I saw numerous ways that furniture could be arranged to make it homey.. Approach to activities as educational and engaging (as opposed to time fillers) were well thought out. Employees all seem happy.

my dad

I am really pleased my dad seems to love it. It always smells nice and the apt is always cleaned the food looks good and my dad eats more times then what he did. I pray that they keep up the good work..

It's going great!!

It's going great!! He is doing very well there, adjusting and settling in nicely. I really like it cause it's small. The aides are excellent. It's much more homey than some of the other places. He eats better there than he ever has. I was there a lot in the beginning being an eagle eye. Any issue that ever came up was handled right away, and now I can relax knowing they do a great job. We are just so happy with them!

Safe and loving care

What a wonderful place! So thankful to know my Mother is safe, secure and loved and being cared for by the awesome, friendly staff of Sundance Memory Care. I will recommend this place for placement of family members who suffer from memory loss.

We were very pleased with this care f...

We were very pleased with this care facility. The representative stayed on an icey night to spend time visiting with us. Never hurried us along even though roads were getting bad. Debbie was wonderful, talking directly to both my husband and me.
All the employees we met appeared genuine in their care of the residents.

When we began preparing my mom in law's room on a Sunday, the maintenance man, Louis, was very helpful and friendly. He kept checking with us to make sure we had everything we needed. Loaned us all sorts of tools.
Since move in, everyone has been exceptionally nice working with all of us, including my children, who are apprehensive about the transition. Debbie sends me pictures when I'm missing my mom in law and relays messages.
Norma, director of nursing, stays on top of things letting us know immediately if anything needs attending to. She has gone out of her way to help us with paperwork and any questions or other needs.

The facility, itself, is beautiful. Looks like a fancy hotel rather than an assistive living facility. Very inviting.
We love it.

Very nice facility. Doesn'...

Very nice facility. Doesn't look at all like a care facility. Looks like a plush hotel. Residents were very friendly and looked good, well groomed. Semiprivate rooms were very nice as they actually look like a 2 bedroom apt w/o the door between rooms. Allows for privacy but companionship. They were glad to allow my mom in law's cat who has been her companion for the past 10 years. When a resident walked by Debbie immediately shifted her attention to them from us. You could tell the resident was the most important factor. Debbie was great, straight forward and gentle with us.