Beware! Terrible Facility

Totally unprofessional. Do not put your loved ones here! So many problems. The food is horrible. They don't respond when you have issues to repair anything in apt. I called several times to speak to the owner [Removed]. He would never return my phone calls. [Removed] at the front desk it's both uneducated and inexperienced in dealing with the elderly. There is no compassion here! [Removed]. They're only interested in making money.

It's what you make of it!

I am a private-paid very content resident at Nova Palms. I personally selected Nova Palms ALF in March this year with the help of a nurse friend after I learned to walk, with assistance, again from apparent magnesium deficiency. I am 73, alert, PC smart and like Hollywood FL. In the ALF I was able to regain confidence in myself with the help of the CNAs and frequent nurse and PT help. After 6 months I moved to the Independent Wing where I can shop nearby and cook and administer my own medication as I did prior to the 2014 problems. I feel safe in the building structure. This is hurricane alley. Don’t just dump your elders here without participation in their care. I have relatives to the south and friends to the north but I prefer privacy when I want it.

Totally Unprofessional

My experience with Nova Palms has been anything but pleasant. First, the building is puke green. The Independent Living side houses Section 8 and on numerous occasions the police have been called to remove prostitutes. The ALF is really sad to be inside. The only reason we were even considering it, was because it was all we could afford. When we initially spoke with Nyoka she told us Nova Palms would help us with the Veteran's Asst application. She also said that Nova Palms was willing to accept retroactive payment from the Veteran's Asst and only take the SS money that my parents get monthly. Later in the process, she completely back pedaled and claimed, she never said that. We were going to try and make it work anyway, since it was all we could afford. The day before I was supposed to fill out the application and move my parents in, Nyoka calls me and leaves me a voicemail saying that they aren't going to accept my parents. We had been working with them for about 2 months and now they just decide that they can't take my parents. They didn't even give me a reason. All I can say is STAY AWAY. They are liars and just want your money and will say anything to get you to start the process.

A retirement village that feels like home, Nova Palms ALF in Hollywood, Florida, offers a high-quality, stress-free environment for seniors. Seniors can enjoy independent living in their choice of a patio efficiency apartment, a one-bedroom apartment, or a studio apartment. A multitude of services are provided for residents needing assistance, such as laundry, housekeeping, meal plans, and scheduled courtesy transportation. Residents can enjoy a variety of activities including golfing, cards and lounging on the sun deck by a gorgeous swimming pool. All apartments offer safety features, so residents can feel secure while enjoying their new home at Nova Palms ALF.