Presidential Place - Hollywood, FL

This is an assisted living facility that is set up kind of like a hotel. They have two 14-person wings specifically designed for memory care, which is what we need for our Mom. She has dementia and wandering tendencies. Very pleased with the environment of this facility. Clean, well-maintained, and friendly atmosphere. Was invited to have lunch in the dining room. Food was very good. Residents and visitors there seemed happy and friendly. Bingo was going on in the rec room.
After seeing the accommodations for residents, and what is offered for care, we decided this would be a good fit because she needs this level of care.

Unsatisfactory

My loved one used to stay at Presidential Place, but we found out very quickly that it was not a good fit for her or our family. It seemed that they had made a lot of promises that were not fulfilled once we moved in. For example, upon move in, we were unable to open the freezer door because it hadn't been defrosted. The maintenance man said he would bring a new one the next day, but it never came. When we moved out two weeks later, it still was not there. We also asked that my loved one receive showers every morning, and we were assured that that would happen. However, it did not. My loved one would go for days unshowered. They just did not meet a satisfactory care level at this community.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking time to provide us with your feedback. We’re sorry to hear that your experience at Presidential Place did not live up to the expectations we strive for. It’s important to us that we understand and address your concerns, so we invite you to reach out to our Executive Director at our community phone number. Thank you again for your input, and we look forward to hearing from you!

Director and staff very friendly and informative. Great variety of living spaces. [Removed] made us feel like family and the center was very well kept. Residents seemed very content and several activities going on. Level of care costs were additional and detailed in a nice information packet we received. There was a nice large outdoor area with an activity area. All the rooms have a kitchenette with refrig on a counter.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking the time to review Presidential Place. We appreciate your feedback and we're so pleased that you enjoyed your visit with us!

Did Not Give Off A Welcoming Feeling

This community was very lovely too look at. But from the moment we walked into the time we left there was just a sense that the property lacked a sense of personality. There was nothing that stood right out to make it different than other communities we looked at and when communities are at the same competitive price point you look for other features that stand out. I didn't get that welcome feeling or homey feeling The staff was friendly and very professional and answered our questions. It

SLC Midwest

We appreciate your feedback, and were sorry to hear that your visit at Presidential Place was not a five-star experience. We want to properly address your concerns, and would love to hear any additional thoughts or comments you may have. Please feel free to reach out to our Executive Director at [removed]. Thanks!

Nice Tour

This is a nice community, and our tour of it went well. The community looked nice. Everything was nice, and clean. The staff we met was kind. and polite. It was a good experience. Everyone was very nice.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for your review; we appreciate your feedback and are so glad you enjoyed your visit! If there are specific areas of improvement that would bring us to a 5 star level, please don't hesitate to reach out to our Executive Director.

We toured this community and found the staff to be very nice. They had a lot of nice meals that would have been the offer to my mom. They have a good list of the activities. The community was clean but not what we were looking for. I would recommend other families to tour the community for care for a loved one.

Every Part of The Tour Was Fine

The tour we had was fine but it didn't seem like a good fit for my mom. The community itself was fine, the staff were fine, and I saw a lot of activities. The person who gave us the tour was good at answering any questions we had and they were on time for our meeting.

Hotel Plaza!

The staff has been great and they really do go over and beyond what they need to do. They offer a lot of activities, but mom has not got involved yet. I feel that they keep the community clean. I like that it has a home like feel to it. When you walk in it reminds me of a boutique hotel.

I was so impressed with everything I saw. Very well kept & homey, not institutional. The first thing I observed was how good it smelled as soon as I came into the lobby. The residents seemed upbeat, the staff was friendly, the apartments were lovely. Very nice dining room as well. I'm bringing my mom for lunch today.

Stress Relief & Safety

The staff is upbeat, engaging, personable, and professional. I was impressed that my mother was addressed by name within 3 days. The med-tech team was vigilant in securing the existing medication regimen and getting updated assessments from the physician - a pro-active approach to monitoring and adjusting medications, all of which is nicely integrated with the pharmacy for acquisition & delivery. The reduction in stress and sense of safety & well being is most noticeable in my mother's outlook.

I visited this place. Felt like the units were not that nice and felt the administration would be too pushy with the residents.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking the time to review our community. We are sorry to hear that you received this feeling as we pride ourselves on caring team. We welcome you to come back and visit or please call so that we could discuss your concerns and improve for the future. Thank you.

Bridget Parks
Executive Director
[removed]

Overall it has been a good experience

The Presidential Place is a nice facility and it has been a good experience so far. Activities have been great, and the entire community is very nice. I would definitely recommend this place, we are very happy with our choice.

Everyone seemed happy and the food smelled great!

This is one of the places we toured. Everyone seemed happy and the food smelled great! This community also had a comfy feel to it. It was a pretty nice place.

This is a beautiful community with large rooms. Seems like an active group for the most part.

Great, great, great!!

EVERYONE at Presidential Place are wonderful, friendly, professional and provide a loving and caring home.

Good experience

They had great activities. It was a good experience. The parking was fine. They were a clean community. The staff was very friendly. It’s a good value for the money. I’d recommend the community because we had a good experience.

They are very clean. The staff is very friendly.

They are very clean. The staff is very friendly. They are pretty fast to respond to concerns or requests. I think the residents in the memory care area are mostly kept there, I would like to see them brought to the entertainment in the main lobby, without them needing to have a private caregiver to take them. We liked the initial way that it looked, the cleanliness, and the decorations, it looked stately and well kept.

Average price is $2,400/mon...

Average price is $2,400/month reviews on Senior Advisor.com look good. this might be the sweet spot we are looking for...IDA

Our stay at the Presidential Place wa...

Our stay at the Presidential Place was very nice. Everhthing was very clean and the staff and otber guests were very nice. The best thing during my brother n law's stay was that the chef, who was also Hungarian, took the time to sing Hungarian songs with her. Her eyes would just light up when he would sing with her. Thank you very much to everyone at the Presidential Place.

Presidential Place appears ...

Presidential Place appears to be the best fit for my mom. Nurse and support staff seems attentive to needs. There are clean and spacious rooms. There is no walking area inside secure area, but side walk around building just outside the security gate where residences are allowed to walk in groups or with the activity director. The residence seems to be from multiple cultures which work well. We still have not committed as we will be looking at a few others not on the current list as well as in home care.

Good All Around

It seems to be the right compromise between price, service and requirements for our mother-in-law. She is in assisted living, and the food is great!

Rooms are Unfurnished

I was going to go to the Presidential. They wanted me to buy a bed and a dresser and pay $100 a month for diapers and you brought your own sheets. I didn't want to do that. I liked other than that. Really nice place.

Beautiful! lovely staff nic...

Beautiful! lovely staff nice grounds. no spanish speakers!!

Beautiful!

This place is beautiful but too expensive. I liked the layout of the place, the size of t he rooms, the whole prop was beautiful but it was just out of our price range.

The Next Best Thing

Presidential Place is the next best thing to mom's being at home. She has all the comfort and convenience of independent living (including privacy) with none of the work, worry or inconvenience. We couldn't be happier and I, for one, sleep better at night knowing that she's safe, happy and well cared for.

The food, staff and events are phenomenal

Presidential Place is awesome, it's a great place. Ivy has gone above and beyond, the food is top knotch, they have a gourmet chef, wonderful guy, he made me a corn beef sandwhich (none of the other places offered me food). They have lots of trips, they go to target, local shopping, even kmart. They also have events, going to Ft. Lauderdale beach, casinos, they're always doing things a couple of times a week, a minimum of two. They are always coming up with new ideas and thinking of things to do. We've saved a lot of money moving here, it's highly recommended, the room is triple the size, very nice. For a person who's worked hard all their life they get to say "Now I live here," it gives you a gratifying feeling. They call it the Taj Mahal and it's wonderful

Separate memory care, too m...

Separate memory care, too much sales as opposed to services needed or offered

Really only an ALF, with lo...

Really only an ALF, with lots of Memory Support folks. Outdated, small one bedroom. Not right for folks. Kind of depressing.

SLC Southeast

Hello –
My name is Kevin Mitzner, and I am the Executive Director of Presidential Place. I am very sorry to hear that our community did not meet the needs of your loved ones. While our top priority is to provide exceptional care, we also strive to create the most ideal living environment for the Seniors who call Presidential Place "home". I would love the opportunity to speak to you in person about your feedback and encourage you to contact me directly to discuss your experience at Presidential Place. You can contact me at [removed] during normal business hours.

Once you enter Presidential Place you will find a warm, home like atmosphere with friendly faces and supportive staff. Presidential Place offers spacious apartments with seven different floor plans to choose from. Presidential Place is positioned in stunning Hollywood, Florida, and provides independent living, assisted living, memory care, skilled nursing, senior housing, and short-term care to older folks who can no longer live on their own. Proud to be a recipient of the Brain Health University award for offering first-rate care to seniors, residents are provided a massive list of exciting activities that inspire mental health, growth, creativity, connection, and an energetic way of life. residents feel comforted by the warm and domestic surroundings. Presidential Place has separate housing to provide an advanced level of memory loss care to ensure protection while residents maintain independence and freedom. We offer a diverse and enriching activity program. Our staff is here to serve your needs 24 hours a day.

We also have 20 apartments designated for memory/dementia care. This neighborhood is called Legacy Court. This secured neighborhood is located in a separate wing of our community where we offer activities tailored to promote cognitive, physical and spiritual well being. We also incorporate reminiscence groups, a hydration program, and one-to-one activities.