Emerald Park Retirement - Hollywood, FL

We were impressed that we were greeted quickly as we first arrived. The director [Removed] from the sister Plaza facility gave us the tour and were very friendly and informative. Place was very attractive and clean and they had a large outdoor secure space. They only have small studio units with kitchenette area and small refrig on floor. It was peaceful and lovely but quite small. Anthony invited us to see the Plaza in Hallendale Beach and told us he had larger studio units. The cost was all inclusive of the amenities and staff help.

A nice community to tour for care. We wanted a community a little small. The staff here were nice and caring. They had activities that would have been offered here. I recommend families to this community for a tour for their loved one.

Great Community

I am happy with the choice to move too Emerald Park I really like it so far. It is a very clean and well maintained community and house keeping come and clean my room through out the week. Everyone here is wonderful and very kind to me. The residents are sweet and helped me learn my way around. They do serve a well balanced meal. I enjoy reading in my room, but I did notice the community does offer activities through out the week for the residents. I am comfortable here and would recommend for anyone to take a look at this place.

So far things have been going good.

So far things have been going good. There have been no major complaints. It's still new, but so far it's working out. I would give them a four at this point.

The food

I really liked the food at Emerald Park. Everyday there is something better coming out of that kitchen. I would most certainly recommend this place.

A view aspect they could improve on

Our experience with Emerald Park Retirement has been somewhat mixed. Overall they do a fairly good job, but there are a few things that would make the experience much better. To start, we usually have to really stay on top of them and ask multiple times before maintenance requests are carried out. I also think they could really stand to improve the response times when the residents call for movement or care assistance. Lastly my loved one hasn't had anything good to say about the food.

Holiday Retirement

Hi, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement Home Office. Thank you so much for writing a sincere review. It's feedback from our residents and their families that help us improve our business, so your candid assessment is very much appreciated.

Expediting maintenance requests and food quality has been a recent focus for Holiday nationwide, so I sent your review on to our Resident Relations team. If you have anything else to add on either front, we'd very much like to hear it. Please feel free to call them at [removed].

Thanks again,
Katie

Thank you.

I used this facility for respite service for my mother who has Stage I PD. Really nice facility with large, open dining area. Plenty of activities. Very clean and neat throughout the building. GREAT staff -- friendly, caring, professional.

This is a cozy and inviting facility. The staff was very friendly and the facility clean and with lots of light everywhere. The layout of the room is very nice and the best is the fact that there is no carpet this allowing for better hygiene!!!
This place has lots of potential.

Not the best location

The outward appearance of the facility is not well kept, and the vibe sensed from walking in is very uncomfortable. The lack of communication and care for the families loved has caused families to check out their loved ones from the senior home. Highly not recommended for families to submit their loved ones in this facility. The senior home has failed to comply with the expectation given during the application process. Not a good place overall.

Holiday Retirement

Hi, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement Home Office. I'm sorry to hear you haven't had a smooth application process at Emerald Park. We'd like to hear more about how we can better meet your expectations. Please feel free to call our Home Office directly at [removed].

a fairly nice place. Rooms very small.

terrible 6 day experience!

Call buttons did not work, not enough help available, water came into room after heavy rain, very few activities available, not enough management supervision, etc. Moved Mom to another facility as soon as possible

Things are going well.

Things are going well. The community is kept very clean, and the staff is friendly. It seems like they have a lot of activities, but I haven't actually seen anything yet. They were very attentive, and traveled with me to see my loved ones condition, and they came and looked over the medical records, and identified a plan of action. I would like to see a little more communication, they do respond to me if I call, but I would like to not have to call everyday to check, if I had a weekly or monthly progress report that would be really helpful.

Not enough staff

If you love your loved ones don't send them here . This place is minimally staffed. There is not enough staff to adequately help residents. The rooms are equipped with emergency call buttons but good luck because when you pull them no one ever comes to help. just hope it is not an emergency ! this place definitely does not have enough nurses aides to care for their residents! it's all corporate greed !

$3,250 avg price. MIxed Rev...

$3,250 avg price. MIxed Reviews

Nice looking place!

We toured this location when we were looking into care options for my loved one. Everything here looked very nice, and would definitely have worked as our second choice. We ended up selecting another community that was a bit more conveniently located.

Had a Great experience there.

I stayed for a 10 day respite. I live with my daughter and she and her husband took a trip to visit her son. This is a very welcoming community. Both the staff and residents are very friendly and make you feel at home right away. The staff is very responsive and committed to the residents. They made sure that I was taking all of my medication, ate well and felt comfortable. They answered all of my questions and if I needed anything, they did their best to help me, I felt very safe there. The facility is very secure and medical staff is available 24/7. I certainly recommend them.

There are better alternatives

My mother is currently a resident of this facility and we are actively searching for another option. Although there are a few exceptions, most of the staff are apathetic and indifferent. The food is similar to what you would find served in a cafeteria. Maintenance personnel frequently are seen touching up paint and other blemishes, however the facility is very dirty. Laundry services are provided but be forewarned that clothing may be returned with ripped hems and buttons missing. A large number of residents have dementia limiting the number of residents with which to socialize. Some nursing staff have a genuine concern for the well-being of the residents. Other nursing staff appear motivated by a financial reward for referring residents to unnecessary home health, in-house laboratory and mobile radiology services. Since the change in facility ownership residents have also been encouraged to change pharmacies to support the new owners business relationships.

I'm pretty happy with them.

I'm pretty happy with them. The only thing I was surprised they charged me a months rent for a deposit, they don't make you sign a yearly lease, you pay the deposit up front. The nice thing about that is that if she wants to leave you can leave and you're not tied to the contract and have to pay the contract off. The help could always be improved if you ask the girls that take care of them, they look at you with blank stares like I don't know anything. They are afraid to say anything, they are afraid they will be accused of saying something wrong. They make them as comfortable as possible and don't answer any questions. It's a very nice place and it's close to me, I can pick her up any time I feel. They are very clean and very friendly and keep her busy all day long. She's doing bingo and singing. It's great!

Really Clean

You walk in and they are really nice. they don't smell or anything. I didn't decide against it, I just went one time and when it came time to move I had more recently visited another place. It was nice and clean.

Not Right for My Mother

Well, it was OK when she was there the first time, but then I made an appointment for a second respite almost a month in advance and the day before I was supposed to bring her they called and said that they didn't have a place. They fixed me up with their sister community, but my mom refused to move there, so we had to take her home with us. Other that that, it is very nice. The rooms are very clean and very wonderful. The people are very nice. It really wasn't appropriate for my mom, anyways, because she needs more attention than she could get at Emerald Park. They do not have a secure entrance to the regular building, and she HATED the Alzheimer's unit. She was cooped up and got very depressed. Not the right place for my mother.

Change in command

We were looking here and right when we were getting set up to move the director left and that was a bad sign so we decided not to move here.

Wow! I really liked this facility. Un...

Wow! I really liked this facility. Unfortunately they don't have any rooms available. Memory care facility is way smaller than the others.

When you choose a Holiday lifestyle, we simplify things for you.

Hollywood is perfectly located between Fort Lauderdale and Miami and offers its residents a laidback and relaxing setting in which to live life to the fullest. Boasting one of America’s best beach boardwalks, as named by Travel + Leisure Magazine, Hollywood is a great location for seniors to retire, retreat, and relax.

Emerald Park offers some of the best amenities in senior living in South Florida. Residents enjoy a restaurant-style dining room with customized menu options prepared from scratch by our chef, weekly religious services in our chapel, a cozy library, a movie theater, and beautiful enclosed courtyards to enjoy the Florida sunshine.

We offer assisted living and memory care services so that seniors can enjoy their retirement while receiving assistance uniquely designed to meet their needs.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities
- Medication management

A Life’s Story
Every life has a story. Every person is unique. At Holiday, we know that. We want to hear yours. How you worked hard. Raised a family. Took care of others. Now it’s time for people to take care of you. To help you. To support you and enrich another chapter of your life’s story. Welcome to Holiday.

Holiday is dedicated to making your life with us a truly special experience, and we look forward to meeting you.

Call today to schedule your personal visit and learn more about joining our family!