North Woods Place - Escanaba, MI

North Woods Place - Escanaba, MI has yet not published prices.

A first class facility. The staff are very friendly and [name removed] did an excellent job in taking the time to explain the workings of the facility in detail and fully answer all my questions. The tour provided a good physical experience of the community. The only downside, that could be a deal breaker, are certain associated fees or costs.

FRUSTRATED

RN Executive Director [REmoved] IS NEVER THERE IN THE AFTERNOONS! I HAVE QUESTIONS & THAT IS THE ONLY TIME I CAN CALL OR STOP BY DUE TO MY WORK SCHEDULE. WHY SOMEONE IN THAT POSITION WOULD NEVER BE AVAILABLE IN THE AFTERNOONS IS BEYOND ME!!! SO FRUSTRATING! THAT'S WHY I GAVE UP & CHOOSE ANOTHER FACILITY FOR MY PARENTS!

Good feeling!

This community was very nice and super clean. The people were extremely helpful and very nice as well. The residents were out and participating in different activities that they had going on. We liked the whole feel of the place!

I have a difficult time handing out the grade of A+ for any subject or duty, so a straight A is the rating I give to my mother's care here.

JoAnne and I were both in and out of Sue's room for most of days before we lost her. We had her playing cards and I took her downstairs for a few meals, but she wasn't eating much. I was visiting with her one afternoon and I asked her if she was depressed and she admitted that she was. I got her address apparatus out and started calling her children she got to speak to a couple and that seemed to perk her up a bit.
I probably made a pest of myself to some extent, but it seemed like the right thing to do.

I learned of Sue's being taken to the hospital yesterday when I was on the way to visit her. She had complained of her stomach hurting the night before and I attributed it to a lack of nourishment (stomach growling). I had given her a bottle or our favorite liquid A & W Root Beer and she had finished most of it. I was informed of her going to the hospital the next morning with concern. Wish I could have done more.

Compare facilities

Having experience with both Christian Park Center and Northwoods, NWs is noticeably better. Meals are better presented and on time, facilities well maintained, personnel friendly and helpful.

Review of North Woods Place in Escanaba, MI

Good food, friendly staff, wonderful supervisor, clean, bright. Many things for residents to participate in. Observer patience and kindness directed to residents and volunteer staff. I'm here 4 days a week.

Review of North Woods Place in Escanaba, MI

I visit 4 times a week to talk, playing cards and book reading to the residents. Everyone, including workers (residents) are a cheerful group, welcoming all, making a sun shining day. Meals never lack nutrition. Many activities for resident involvement.

Review of North Wood Place in Escanaba, MI

Senior companion. Working hard to better this place.

Review of North Woods Place in Escanaba, MI

I've very pleased to be here in this community and to be able to volunteer at North Woods Place. The employees treat everyone with respect. The workers are also great to be around. It really changes how your heart feels when you come in here. Hardly ever do you find someone who doesn't leave here with a smile on their face.