Muirwoods Memory Care - Petaluma, CA has yet not published prices.

Review of Muirwoods Memory Care

I moved both of my parents to muirwoods and I just love it. The exec director is hands on and cares about the residents. The staff is attentive and very nice to the residents and guests.

MBK Senior Living Home Office Representative

Thank you for choosing MuirWoods Memory Care for your parents. We're so pleased to hear how satisfied you are in your decision. It's our pleasure to be of service to you and your parents.

Review of Muirwoods Memory Care

Excellent staff, food, clean, positive environment.

MBK Senior Living Home Office Representative

Thanks so much for your kind words about MuirWoods Memory Care!

Review of Muirwoods Memory Care

My wife was at this location for 16 months. She was always clean and well cared for. I visited every day and I never once observed any resident be abused or disrespected. There people were very good to my wife and our entire family. {Name removed} was outstanding to me. {Names removed} and the entire staff were awesome. Food needs to improve.

MBK Senior Living Home Office Representative

Thank you so much for your kind words about MuirWoods Memory Care. We are so pleased to hear you felt both you and your wife were well cared for. We appreciate the feedback on our dining program. Thank you.

Review of Muirwoods Memory Care

My mother was at Muirwood for almost 1 year before passing in June 2019. She received amazing personalized care through life and at time of death. She was peaceful and full of joy there. All her needs were met and so were mine as a family member. I am grateful to all the staff.

MBK Senior Living Home Office Representative

Our deepest condolences. We hope you find comfort in wonderful memories of your mother. We are so pleased to hear we could provide you with peace of mind, by providing your mother personalized care and high-quality service at MuirWoods Memory Care.

Very nice place

While looking for a place for my loved one it seemed that this location was a better fit with the medical services that they provide. It is a very nice place and it is kept very clean with no foul smell when you first walk in. They also have a courtyard in the middle of the facility so residents are able to go outside to get some air and there are people who are always watching. It seems much secured. The staff team is very competent and knowledgeable. My loved one is doing quite well here.

My Mom's Environment

It seems to be going well for my mom. The staff are open to feedback and they are friendly too. The community is clean for residents and guests. My mom says the meals taste good.

Not as good as I'd hoped

We placed my father here since it is advertized as a memory care facilty for all stages of dementia.
I found the 1/8 patient ratio was too high and just assumed he'd have more attention than this.
It took about 3 weeks for him to get adjusted to things.
He has late stage now and wanders a lot.
There also seems to have been a large staff turn over in the last few months.
there are a few exceptional people.. Belinda is an activities coordinator and really seems to understand dementia in all aspects.
Also the rooms don't have individual temperature controls...air conditioning and no camera monitoring system to check on the rooms.
They do a 2 hour night check instead.
Just happy Hospice is now involved and has added in making my fathers room more adaptable for him.
I would have thought the Adobe House nurse or staff could have done some of these things.

I would highly recommend this communi...

I would highly recommend this community to anybody.

I liked best, the personal care and the cleanliness of the community.

Adobe House review

My mother has been at Adobe House less than two weeks. She is adjusting to her new environment slowly. Everyone at Adobe House has been very helpful and they are very good with my Mom. It is very hard to rate with such a short time period.

The price is too high

They really don't do that many activities here. They tend to do a lot of movie watching. When they clear the dining rooms, they use one of them to play DVDs. As for the value, it's the cheapest around, but I would say that it would be worth around $2500/month, and nothing more. The rooms are small and very minimal. There's about enough room for a bed, a side table and a chair. I think they could really benefit from more field trips and outings. They don't really get out much. We did choose the Adobe house, though, because it has a much better atmosphere than the others we looked at. It doesn't have that corporate feel that some of the other bigger companies have.

Adobe House, Petaluma, CA

I am very happy with the Adobe house. I am so glad I picked this place for my Mom. She is very happy in her new community. I think this is what she really needed all along as she was living by herself. She now has a roommate to talk with as well as all the other members of her community.