Morningside of Bellgrade - Midlothian, VA

daughter-in-law

My mother-in-law has been here since [date removed] and so far everything is great. She of course like others, is having a hard time adjusting, but that should get better with time. I would definitely refer a loved one here.

Visited here. Place smelled of urine and residents did not care for the food in the dining room as we waited for a tour.

Five Star Reviews

At Morningside of Bellgrade we assure you that it is our intent to exceed the expectations of our residents, families and guests. We know that the dining experience is a very important aspect of life at here,so we work hard to accommodate the food preferences of all our residents. We gather resident feedback regularly to adjust our menus and source as much of our food locally as possible. We invite you to dine to with us to see this first hand, and would be delighted to connect you with residents and family members who can tell you about their experience at our community.

One of our top Choices

This community is wonderful and the staff here did an amazing job showing us around and answering all our questions. This community was one of our top choices for our mother. They had everything we were looking for and the location was close to our home. I would definitely recommend this community to anyone looking for their loved ones.
We did find another community that we liked just as well that fit within the budget we had set.

Good Follow Up

This is a nice community to recommend. My tour of it went very well. The community looked nice. The staff was very informative, and helpful. They provided me with tons of information. Their follow-up was great, but there was no pressure. Unfortunately they did not provide the level of care my mother needed at the time, but my tour was a nice one.

Needs some improvements

Morningside could improve by training their aides better and having more aides. The food situation leaves more to be desired. The dining room staff does their best but they could also use more training. We had a resident meeting and addressed these concerns but residents who have been here for awhile said this is an on-going issue.

Mom is Doing Great at This Community

My mother is doing great here this community. Everything is working out very well, and I know she is in good hands. They have a great staff at this facility. They have been very helpful with helping her get adjusted to the community. There are activities offered for the residents. She is pleased with the meals, the food is good.

Awesome Attitude!

Morningside of Bellgrade gets an A+ for their attitude, ease of transition and the positive and RESPECTFUL way they deal with all residents and guests. While they may not be the most modern facility the feeling you get there is one of home and the residents appear to really enjoy themselves and actively participate in the activities be it a religious service, games or "chair aerobics", as well as enjoying the dining experience. All staff work well together and have such a positive attitude and energy level you can't help but relax and enjoy! I left there feeling I truly had found the best place for mom!

Great choice

Morningside is very clean. The staff is helpful and caring.
We just moved my Mother-in-law into Morningside a week ago. Due to dementia she is having a difficult transition. The staff has been right with her and with us. Staff members will come right up and introduce themselves from the Dietitian to the Activities Director. They have a wonderful dining room where food is served restaurant style. The activities calendar is FULL of activities from beading to bible study.
We are very happy with Morningside.

Mom and I really liked the staff and the feel of the community here. she is looking forward to the move, but still nervous. The good thing I can be with her as much as she needs me.

Good Community, With Great Staff

My mother is starting to finally adjust to this community. It has been an adjustment process for the her and the family. We are getting use too the routine around the community. She is starting to take an interest in her surroundings. She has made some new friends, and that has made the transition better. The staff has nerves of steel. They are very patient, and attentive. I'am starting to feel more comfortable with the care she is receiving here. Overall this is a community I would recommend, it a nice place.

Nice Tour, Treated Us Well

I had a good tour of this community. Everything went well. The community looked nice and clean. From what I saw everything looked well maintained. The staff was nice and friendly. It was a good experience. They treated my family and I very well.

No one was prepared for our visit. The young lady who provided the tour was very helpful and attentive to all our questions even though it was not her responsibility to help us. Nice community. Small, which can be good. Very friendly. Many amenities. Behind in technology. In this day and age technology is important, but expensive. I was impressed that there were activity calendars every, no reason not to know what is going on. When we arrived the residents were waiting for several activities that were scheduled for 10:30. Anxious to get at it. Very pleasant atmosphere.

Mom is still adjusting to living at Morningside!

The minor issue we had is that some of mom's clothes came up missing from the laundry. The food is delicious and it is restaurant style. They offer some activities and so far she has played bingo and went on an outing. She loves the day nurses and her therapy staff. I would recommend this community.

seems okay

I dont have anything to compare Morningside at Bellgrade with. It is my sister-in-law that is up there. She was in a skilled nursing facility previously and I didn't think much of it. I do have some concerns as far as the level of care she is getting. They have 1-6 levels and she was assessed as a level 6. I personally don't think she think she is getting the level of care that she is supposed to get. She is paying a lot extra for toiletries and it looks like they rationing them out. She has to be assisted with just about everything. The cleanliness needs improving also. She seems okay overall here.

Morningside at Belgrade is located just off of Route 288 near the Robious and Huguenot Road shopping centers. It is located in a residential area and I immediately thought the location was perfect for easy access to anyone coming to the Richmond area to visit. The feeling I got upon entering the facility was energy. I came by at 2:30pm so typical meal times would be over but there are flexible meal times at this facility so there were residents in the dining room eating. I was introduced to the resident chef and shown the dining areas. The look and feel to me was of being on a cruise ship. There are enough residents that there has to be an early and late seating in the dining area to accommodate all the residents at "regular" meal times but, as I understood, residents could come for a meal at anytime during the dining room hours. The dining area was restaurant style with a menu and an actual display of the menu choices as you entered the dining area. There are also daily a la carte choices. If you like fine foods and feeling like you have the dining flexibility of living on a cruise ship, look no further. There are also snack and hydration stations around the facility. I liked that there seemed to be multiple activities going on throughout the floor that I was on and most residents seemed to be busy and engaged. Truthfully, if I were to choose a place for myself, this would probably be it. All the residents that I saw seemed in good condition, calm and happy to be there. There was one lady who appeared to be from the Memory Care side that was demanding to be released. This seemed to occur right after an organized activity ended. I thought the staff member speaking to her was very appropriate in being understanding and not arguing with her. Eventually, she calmed down and went on to other activities. The rooms are to a standard that I saw everywhere and that standard is nice. This was the least expensive assisted living facility as far as the price I was quoted for my father. I looked at the inspection reports for this facility at the Department of Social Services website and nothing stood out to me. There were violations but they mostly seemed to be in complying with regulations and not serious patient concerns. I am glad the inspectors are very rigorous and that the information is available to the public. The one serious item reported is probably embarrassing to the facility but it was also self-reported by the facility which I find to be an extremely good sign about the character of the people who run Morningside at Bellgrade. I found the report encouraging because of the obvious health of the resident who escaped memory care. The person was found and returned in good health as well. This highlights another thing I liked about Morningside at Bellgrade, their physical therapy facility. The physical therapy room is similar, although a smaller version, to those I have seen at hospitals. I felt confident that my father could receive the physical therapy he needed.

THANKS MORNINGSIDE FOR ALL YOU DO!!!!!

Morningside of Bellgrade has been wonderful to us. The staff and the nurses and aids have been great. Qudsia has taken so much time with us and NEVER seems distracted as if she had other things to do or other people to see. Julie was my initial contact person and she did everything she could and went out of her way to help us and make us feel like this was the place for our loved one to be . Katrina has been helpful with all of the medical aspects of our family member and has helped us with her knowledge and experience of what to expect will happen as time goes on. Even Amy has made the financial experience as pleasant and it can possibly be and has helped us with dealing with long term care. Why even Sherry who answers the phone knows us by name.

Over all, my family and I highly recommend Morningside. We like the idea that your loved one can be cared for till the time of their passing. Morningside feels like a home and not a hospital.

Thank you Morningside for all you do!!!!!

Lovely facility. Clean and ...

Lovely facility. Clean and well maintained common areas. Staff were friendly and welcoming. Residents seemed happy and comfortable.

They are clean and everyone is nice.

They are clean and everyone is nice. There are a good variety of activities, and the food is pretty good. It can take a little while to get someone to come to the residents when a bell is rung.

They were clean and friendly.

They were clean and friendly. I was concerned with the lighting in one of the rooms, I thought that it was a little dark, and they took care of that before we moved in. They have some activities, I think they could have more but it seems good for their pace, and they seem to enjoy the bus rides. There is a little outdoor space, I would have liked to have a little more outdoor walking room. They have a good size patio, to sit and socialize. The people have all been really nice to work with. The staff really likes her and she likes them too.

We really liked this place,...

We really liked this place, but it may be out of our price range. We are researching options/

I chose this one because it...

I chose this one because it's only 5 minutes away and is so convenient. It costs less than the other ones near me and the staff look like they care about their residents. The staff are very nice too. The only thing that might be a problem is that a couple of the common areas are a little dark for my mom.

Didn't feel right

It was okay, they were just getting off of quarantine because of a gi thing going around. I didn't see anyone in the halls and then they said there was a waiting list for the dementia unit and she would stay in assisted living until a room became available, but who was going to take care of her in assisted living?
She did walk me through the dementia unit and there was one elderly lady laying on her bed in the dark with an aid standing by the door, I didn't get a good feeling from it.

Excellent staff

Everything is very clean, I have found that the staff who take care of the patients are excellent, my aunt does particiapte in some activities but with her Alzheimer's it's difficult, they do have some memory care activities though. She's been in good spirits when I see her and I see her quite often because it's so close. There has been some miscommunication with the business office with moving her in and some other things but they've been working with us to get it straightened out. The staff has been excellent, I'd like to keep her there if I can, if there's further miscommunication with the business then I might reconsider and keep our options open. I go in at different times of day and I always find the place to be clean and the staff is excellent, they have really exceeded expectations.

Seems to be a excellent facility.

Seems to be a excellent facility.

Extremely good physical therapy and activities program

There were a couple of rough spots but they worked with us to fix any issues that were going on. The staff they have is very responsive to their residents. The offer an extremely good physical therapy and activities program. Everything we were looking to get in an assisted living community, they provided. The quality of life for my love one improved considerably.

Julie was full of energy an...

Julie was full of energy and willing to chat and share lots of good information regarding the memory care unit, and the Morningside at Bellgrade overall. Upon arrival, strong pee smell was noted, but when we left and more people were around, the odor was gone. In the memory care unit, some residents were in the activity room, one sleeping, one visiting with family, one hanging out, and one coloring. The Montessori method for activities, and the containers for each resident were pointed out to me. One resident was walking without her walker, and we got someone to help her find her walker. Didn't see staff interacting with residents, wish I could have seen that. Closets are kept locked so residents stay out of each other's stuff. Other facilities have taken closet doors off for safety. Interesting how different facilities deal with those things.

ate lunch with residents, put down $5...

ate lunch with residents, put down $500 refundable deposit. Also, resident gets birthday month free during his/her 1st year of stay. nice facility, good food, variety of activities, perfect location.

Five Star Reviews

Thank you so much for your positive review of our community! We at Morningside of Bellgrade strive to provide the highest quality of care for our residents. We were happy to provide free rent during our residents' first birthday month with us, but we have since discontinued that promotion. Nevertheless, we have many financial solutions that we can offer to help make your transition as simple and easy as possible. Please contact us for more information or a tour today!

This location seemed to be the best b...

This location seemed to be the best because of the setting, price,management. I was impressed with the managers personal experiences with the elder care. He could relate extremely well. I feel very comfortable knowing that he is there to watch out for her.

Morningside at Bellgrade sets the stage for our residents to increase their quality of life. Our excellent program offers a balanced nutritional plan, which complements the medication management delivery plan. When the health of an individual is viewed, diet and medications go together. When they are balanced one's overall health and endurance increase. Our staff provides quality care, and they are providing "quality caring" to our residents and your family member. We offer several different levels of care providing the flexibility to meet the needs of our resident. As our resident's needs increase or decrease our professional nursing staff can assist them on a 24-hour basis. Morningside at Bellgrade can meet the nutritional, medication, physical, emotional, and educational needs of our resident. A move to Bellgrade allows an individual to live in a residential setting providing an opportunity to continue their independence and choices and receive the level of care and assistance as needed.