Merry Heart Health Care Center - Succasunna, NJ

Merry Heart Health Care Center - Succasunna, NJ has yet not published prices.

Our first choice!

Merry Heart was our first choice for rehab! Unfortunately, my mother needed their care again. That said the kindness shown and the compassionate care is really the big difference that makes Merry Heart stand out.

HOME AWAY FROM HOME

My first impression, How beautiful and clean this place
is. Registration was easy. We've been on each floor
one time or another the staff is excellent, friendly,
helpful and understanding, i asked for help for my
husband and in the matter of minutes help came.
I recommend Merry Heart to any one that has a loved
one that needs care.

Our Mom's Place

My Mom first came into Merry Heart for rehabilitation...but after careful consideration, decided she would like the 24-hour care as opposed to being in her apartment alone.
My Mom has expressed how nice all of the staff are; she always feels well-attended.
The nurses, aides, social services, and recreation folks are very responsive...our impression of Merry ❤️ is that of a very caring & dedicated staff. We know Mom is in good hands.

A Happy Place for MOM is Priceless.

It sounds cliche to say, however words can't describe how happy we are with ALL of Merry Heart's staff and facility!

I'm the son writing on behalf of my siblings regarding the care for our Mother. I rarely take time to write reviews, however this is much warranted.

Due to several unfortunate health issues, mom has needed skilled nursing and PT rehab after several hospitals stays. We did our research and we crossed our finders and chose Merry Heart the first time and each time following.

Navigating elder care for a parent is something none of us are prepared for. It's not something they teach in school so you have to learn as you go, and it's scary. As adults we look back and see everything our parents have done for us so we take it very seriously when choosing the best care for our parents.

The Staff at Merry Heart, (admissions, coordinators, social workers, nurses, aids, food workers, cleaning staff, and last but not least..PT and OT staff are all wonderful!! We visit often and the staff is like family.

Our mom is a people person and a big part of her mental health is interaction with others. The staff has all been wonderful and extremely caring while working to build moms physical strength and coordination.

It should go without saying, I have and will always recommend Merry Heart to anyone that owes their parents the best care possible.

MerryHeart short term rehab

My Dad was at MerryHeart for short term rehab and they were fabulous. The physical therapy team were great getting my Dad to push himself and helping him to get stronger and to return to normal activities of daily living! The staff all were very nice and respectful of him. The food was pretty good too and eating lunch in the dinning room was really nice. I loved that [name removed] got my Dad involved in activities during the day! I couldn't have been happier with the care the staff gave my father! Thanks again to everyone there

Do NOT SEND ANYONE YOU LOVE THERE

If I could put ZERO STARS I would !!
Just a bunch of smoke n mirrors .
Staff talks about you in Spanish cause they think us gringa's don't understand ..
Hospice sent my Grandmother there for 5 days respite well..... When she went in she could walk ... Different story when she left cause she COULDNT WALK !
THEY REFUSED to let her up to use the toilet and MADE her wear a diaper and because of her age ( 93 ) just in that 5 days she lost all muscle tone and now CAN NOT WALK and me as a caregiver now have to take care of a complete inviliant who was capable of doing basic toilet needs on her own and now ... Can't !!!

Over priced HELL HOLE WITH NASTY LAZY STAFF

Look Elsewhere

Dated, depressing facility with sub par medical care.

Amazing experience

My husband was admitted into Merry Heart after a stroke. He spent 2 months in [Removed]. He was treated with loving care by all the employees from the office staff to the nurses, aids, and activity staff. He loved it so much that he chose to return there instead of going on a cruise with us in [Removed]. He stayed there for one week. We now call this place Merry Heart Paradise island because this is his place of choice over any other place. We have no complaints on anything, everything is wonderful including the food, the facility and the people.

Need Communication

No communication between patient and family. No communication between staff members.
Need staff that speak clear, procise and that can answer questions and concerns.

Not the best environment

They were okay, but it's rehab and they don't have the same attention to the quality of the environment, they just focus on the medical which they should but its not the same as assisted living. The negative was they didn't transfer information from shift to shift and aid to aid; he was on a feeding tube and peopel just didn't get it and you felt that if you weren't there people weren't going to know what they needed to do.

Merry Heart Senior Care has been meeting the needs of the senior community in Morris County for 60 years. Our goal is to provide the highest standard of care to our clients, ensuring dignity and preserving quality of life.

Merry Heart is committed to providing a range of programs through a Continuum of Care that addresses whatever level of assistance is required.