Fountain Square of Lompoc - Lompoc, CA

Nice stay!

My loved one's stay is going just fine. The staff are very accommodating and the facility is clean and well maintained. We have no complaints about her experience so far!

TLC

I like this community for the care for a loved one. The staff were very nice and caring. The community was clean and she liked the community and the activities that she was involved with. The meals were healthy and a nice variety to choose from. We would recommend the care of this community to other families.

We did not like the patient/staff ratio or the fact that they only have one LVN on staff. the place was clean, but had a strange smell. Staff seemed friendly, but were scarce. Rooms were a decent size, furniture provided was adequate, but not great.

Deplorable

I am very disappointed in the care offered at this facility. I blame this mainly on the fact that they have very few caregivers working at any given time, like 2 or 3 to handle 22 residents, most of whom are in wheel chairs.
Very deplorable housekeeping. I have mopped the floor many more times than they have! Usually the small wastebaskets are overflowing with dirty diapers and there is urine on the floor in the bathroom, then tracked thruout the room. Sticky floors, like a movie theater. The small of urine permeating the room. Yes, my father misses the john most of the time. They were told that he did this and mopping would be necessary several times a day, if not at least every morning! This was the main reason we could not care for him at home.
He is found in bed most mornings with his clothes still on, no PJs. Even with his shoes on some times!
He was there 11 days before he had a bath, and only because I got on their case about it.
On Mondays, we find him with soiled briefs, making it obvious he hadn't been checked all weekend.
I have hospice care now, so it makes it do-able. Otherwise, it would be me caring for him or no one.
And the food? Canned or processed, usually tepid and dried up. Nothing fresh. Not at all as they advertise!!!
Only bring your loved one here if you can supervise or have hospice involved.

My dad's respite stay was a good experience. They had activities to keep him active. The meals served were fine for my dad. I had my home-care caregiver take him out to the library. Overall, they did the best to accommodate his needs. I was pretty happy with them and I probably would use them again or recommend them.

Compassion and hard working .

Their staff is very caring and try to work closely with each individual resident so that their needs are met. I truly appreciate their hard work and deication.
Thank you.

Staff is friendly

This facility could use more workers. There is a high turnover rate with the employees. The staff that is there is very friendly, but the food could be better.

Look Elsewhere

The director of the facility is not interested in living up to their mission statement. The care staff is great, but the management is horrible. They are truly in it from the business perspective and unable to balance that and care initiatives.

Facility was clean but it is more hospital atmosphere, but for Lompoc it is ok.

I would shop around to another area before placing anyone there, YOU WILL NOT GET YOUR MONEY"S WORTH FROM THAT TEAM.

terrible care, not enough staff, sad place

Felt too much like a hospit...

Felt too much like a hospital setting. We need something that offers more space and independent living - ie full bath/privacy/more homelike surroundings

Fountain Square of Lompoc is located in Lompoc, Santa Barbara County, California provides a caring atmosphere for those seniors who are looking for a community to call home. This community offers comfort and safety to its residents. Lompoc provides residents and guests with parks and recreation to keep everyone happy and active.

Fountain Square of Lompoc keeps a staff of trained individuals who look out for the needs of every resident. This staff is prepared to look out for those dealing with Alzheimer's and dementia, and they work hard to make sure that every single resident has all of the support that they need on a regular basis. Our community is equipped with a 24-hour emergency call system in case anything comes up and needs to be responded to.

In addition to providing a great staff and a safe place to live, we also offer the following:

Full-service housekeeping
Complete dining program
Transportation provided
On-site beauty salon and barber shop
Furnished and unfurnished apartments
We know that every senior deserves the love and support that a caring community can bring about, and we offer that. When you choose Fountain Square of Lompoc for a loved one you know that you are leaving them in good hands.