Merrill Gardens at Santa Maria - Santa Maria, CA

Merrill Gardens is a terrific facility. Beautiful grounds, professional staff. It is a welcoming, friendly facility. My contact [name removed] was excellent. He was very helpful, informative and answered my questions. The price was high for our budget but would be well worth it for others looking for a home.

We couldn't find a fault with what we saw. We have always heard how expensive Merrill Gardens is, but all we saw was value for our money!

Amanda Warren

Thank you for providing us with this review! We are so pleased to hear that you saw the value that is offered at Merrill Gardens.

This the best of the communities that we have looked at and it seems to be within our budget.

Just to big for my dad

This community was really nice they did a great job with my tour and they were able to answer all my question, I just felt my dad would be better off in a smaller more home like atmosphere.

Mom's Care

We like the care at this for my mom. We like the staff and the attentiveness. The menu is wonderful. My mom is offered to do the activities with the other residents. We like the location for the family that lives close by. We would recommend this community for many positive reasons. We are happy knowing that mom is in great community.

Great value and care

We compared assisted living options in Santa Barbara and were not able to find the value and quality that we found at Merrill Gardens. They have been very supportive, caring, flexible and genuinely concerned for our fathers comfort and safety. We feel grateful to have found them. He loves his unit with rolling hills in view and trees with a sun porch that he really enjoys!

Amanda Warren

Thank you for taking the time to write this positive review for us. We are so glad that your father loves his apartment!

Outstanding Care for dad

We are happy with the care here for my father. They keep me updated on his care. The community is very clean and taken care of. We are happy with the meals and he is happy with the variety and the portions. He is offered to get involved in some of the activites, and hopefully he will want to get more involved with the other residents. I like the feeling of this community. I would reccomend this community for the good care and value

Amanda Warren

We are so pleased to hear that you are happy with the care your father is receiving at Merrill Gardens. It is great that he is enjoying our Anytime Dining program and getting involved with the activities.

Enjoy Our Beginning

It is all going well for me and my husband since moving. We are waiting for a bigger room until it becomes available. Everything from the meals to how clean it is has been good.

Amanda Warren

Thank you for sharing this feedback with us. We are glad that you and your husband are enjoying Merrill Gardens. We are proud of our Anytime Dining program, so this review is great to receive.

This facility was very clean and friendly. We were impressed with the staff and with the administrator. All of our questions were answered satisfactorily and even some we hadn't thought of. This is a strong possibility for our loved one.

Amanda Warren

Merrill Gardens at Santa Maria is a great community and we are glad that your experience was positive. Please let us know how we can help as you continue your search for senior housing options.

Just beginning my search, this is a nice place. Well maintained inside and out. Staff seems to know everyone by name, plenty of activities. At the top of my list so far.

Amanda Warren

Thank you for providing us with this positive review! Please let us know if we can provide any further assistance during your search.

Great Community!

The community was great to my loved one. My loved was not there long,but the time my loved one was there I had no complaints. The staff was great and understanding to my loved ones needs. The community was clean every time.

Amanda Warren

We are so glad to hear that Merrill Gardens was a great community for your loved one. Our team works hard to provide a positive environment so this is wonderful feedback.

Loving It So Much

The facility is wonderful, the people are wonderful and they love her too! We are really, really happy with them. the community is clean. The meals prepared are nutritious, fresh and made very well with a nice variety. I would recommend this community and A Place For Mom was really helpful.

Amanda Warren

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this great review. We are so pleased to hear this wonderful feedback.

Mom is doing very well at Merrill Gardens. Since moving in she's made quite a few friends and the food there is fantastic! The staff have been great and I'm hoping that with time Mom will start to participate in the many activities they have for the residents!

Amanda Warren

We are so happy to hear that your mom is doing well at Merrill Gardens at Santa Maria. We will share your feedback with our team, as they strive to provide a positive experience for residents and very much appreciate positive feedback.

Merrill Gardens has exceeded our expectations. The facility is lovely and well maintained. The caregivers are respectful, kind and professional. The varied menu and freshly prepared foods are healthy, tasty, and well proportioned. After one month, my 94 year old Mother has adjusted very well and is extremely content there. They have followed through on everything that they have said they would do.

Amanda Warren

Thank you so much for providing us with this great review. We are so pleased to hear that your mother is doing so well at Merrill Gardens!

Beautiful atmosphere

Need more employees for amount of residents,food was not cut up into bite size pieces so many residents were not able to eat it considering they are not allowed knives and some have a hard time controlling the amount of food on their forks or spoons.The shower stall wasn't as clean as it could be. The activities are wonderful my Mother was kept busy all the time. I loved how I could come and go as I pleased to visit. The grounds are beautiful. Everyone was very pleasant and friendly.

Amanda Warren

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with this valuable feedback. We are reviewing this information with our team. We are also pleased to hear about the positive experience with activities and our community grounds. Please don't hesitate to contact us with further feedback or any questions.

Great Staff

Great staff here at Merrill Gardens in Santa Maria. The staff here are friendly and caring. We can't ask for more!
They take very good care of us!!!

Amanda Warren

Thank you so much for this glowing review! We are happy that our team has been doing a great job. If you ever have any additional feedback to share, feel free to reach out to us directly.

excellent genuine care

The care givers seem to be really genuinely concerned about the people that they are in charge of. It seems that they are there because they really care, not just for a job. They have done a good job finding the right people that are perfect for this job. The level of activities that they have are really good. I would definitely recommend Merrill Gardens at Santa Maria. My mom is in the dementia/memory care house, and I just can't say enough about the people there and how well they care for her.

5 stars!

Merrill Gardens at Santa Maria is a great place, I'd give them top marks across the board! The staff is fantastic, the food is good, and all of the people who live here are friendly. The facility itself is beautiful, clean, and well kept, and they take great care of the residents. I'd highly recommend them!

very helpful

They were very helpful and always available, since I live out of state, to help make sure mom is taken care of. Any time I had any questions they were quick to answer. Mom is in a much better mental state now since being at Merrill Gardens at Santa Maria. I am very thankful for them and would highly recommend them.

It's a nice place, they are pretty friendly

It's a nice place, they are pretty friendly, and I think they take pretty good care. It's one price for the shared room and then it's extra for the levels of care. They add things on the price for each thing. The memory care could use a little more activities. The food is carted in, it's okay, no major complaints. I think if they are going to charge me a couple of hundred dollars more for care, I would like to see more. We chose it because it's nice, and there aren't a lot of places here that offer the care we needed.

Amanda Warren

Thank you for taking the time to write us this review. We are disappointed to hear that you haven't found it to your liking 100%. We'd love to discuss with you directly how to improve your experience here, so if you're willing, please call us directly.

Very nice community

I think they do an excellent job at Merrill Gardens. They offer a really genuine and warm feeling family oriented environment for their residents. My loved one lives in one of their Alzheimer's care cottage homes, and the caregivers are really able to focus on personal care for each resident. She's made a few friends already, and last time I visited she told me that she feels safe there, which really made me feel good about our choice. Really my only complaint is that the meals could stand to be a bit healthier. The food always looks pretty good, I'd just like to see more fresh vegetables, healthier types of bread, things like that.

Amanda Warren

We are happy to see your positive review. We aim to provide an exceptional place to live. The feedback regarding the food is very helpful as well, since we use these reviews to improve our programs and communities. If you have any other suggestions don't hesitate to call us.

Lovely place!

Merrill Gardens at Santa Maria CA is a great place. Everything is clean, and the staff are happy friendly people!
They answer questions with care and empathize with family when issues arrive. Large apartments makes transition from larger homes easier! The manager is trained in the hospitality field and has improved quality of food and overall atmosphere of the community!

Amanda Warren

Thank you for the great review. It's important to us to know that our team members are delivering exceptional service and providing a wonderful place to live. We're happy to be of service, and hope to continue this level of excellence for years to come.

The value is good, you get what you p...

The value is good, you get what you pay for. The food is fine, there's plenty of options available. They've done a great job. It's the best place for our situation. We're lucky to have found them. They take good care of the residents, and they are safe and looked after. I would recommend it to anyone in my situation.

Amanda Warren

Thank you for the glowing response. We aim to provide a great place to live and we're happy that we delivered on this promise. If you ever have any questions give us a call!

We seemed very happy with them.

We seemed very happy with them. We ate there and we were happy with the meals. Whenever we called they were right there to help. When we spoke with the residents, they were very friendly and happy as well. The transportation to get around I am not real sure about because she never got the chance to move in, due to an injury. The pool is open year round, but the aqua aerobics are only in the summer as the pool is outside.

Amanda Warren

We are glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed the meals and the general atmosphere here at Merrill Gardens at Santa Maria. We work hard to maintain a vibrant yet relaxing community. If there is anything we can do for you, please contact us at [removed]. Thanks again for your positive feedback!

My husband and I are very pleased wit...

My husband and I are very pleased with life at Merrill Gardens.

Great Place, Too Spread Out for Dad

It's a phenomenal place. It's a real large community with two complete buildings. They have a memory care facility on site and some stand alone apartments called bungalows for independent living. I just though my dad would get lost trying to find the second building, it was that spread out. I've know people who have had parents there and they've liked it but if everybody likes the same thing it would get awfully crowded.

Perfect fit

My 95 years young mother was at a very fancy place in San Diego and not enjoying the experience at all based on fellow residents and lack of "warmness" of the facility. I am familiar with Merrill Gardens and thought this might be a more suitable community. Within two days of relocating, my momma had joined an exercise group and started walking all around the beautifully landscaped property. She noticed immediately the warmth and reception of fellow residents and friendliness and care of the staff from caregivers to dining room staff. Mom says "The Gardens feels like Home". I would say that pretty well sums it up! I am so very pleased with this community

Very NIce!!!!!!!!!

Very NIce!!!!!!!!!

Toured all three residences and found...

Toured all three residences and found things quite nice with the exception of one room which stunk and was very noisy from the exhaust from laundry. this room would not be acceptable.

2000 a mo. private room

2000 a mo. private room

Merrill Gardens at Santa Maria, formerly known as Arbor View, is located in the Santa Maria Valley, 30 minutes south of San Luis Obispo and one hour north of Santa Barbara. Our campus style community includes cottages, independent and assisted living apartments and Alzheimer’s care. Merrill Gardens at Santa Maria offers the amenities of a home without the work. Imagine a life without household chores, yard work or home maintenance. Invite guests to a meal, special event or social outing. With our on-site Active Living Director, scheduled transportation and Anytime Dining program – there are opportunities to make new friends or entertain old ones right outside your front door. Welcome to Merrill Gardens!