Meredith Bay Colony Club - Meredith, NH

Wonderful Organization

I can't begin to tell you what an wonderful experience my Step Dad had a Meredith Bay Colony club. The staff was wonderful. He lived their for 3 1/2 years and moved from the "Inn", into the "Garden". I have to say while he was at MBCC I never worried. I always felt the folks did a great job caring for him and others. They had plenty of activities, and a beautiful out door patio for the residents to enjoy. it breaks my heart that he had to leave.

Wonderful place -

My parents were some of the first folks to move in when it opened 7 years ago. My Dad was ill and the staff was wonderful in helping him and supporting my Mom. After my Dad passed, my Mom's Multiple Sclerosis advanced to the point where she is confined to a wheel chair. She needs nursing assistance a few times a day and the nursing staff is flexible and very helpful. The Colony Home Care division is dedicated to keep independent living folks in their home and it is working well! The atmosphere in the dining room and common rooms is extremely friendly. I can not think of a better place to have my Mom. The monthly fee is extremely reasonable and the meals are quite good. The waitstaff is extraordinary, friendly and works very well with the folks that have special dietary needs and/or difficulty remembering. Superb people.

Unprofessional

Not sure how thing's are run up there, but I was out with my family in North Conway when a man in a army hat started loudly stating about one of the venders in a craft booth. How he got him fired from Meredith Bay Colony Club. I found this to be very unprofessional and demeaning.

Hope this reaches Meredith bay Colony Club Administration.

I have to say, the nurses are wonderful. The place is clean and my loved one is always dressed nicely. But for folks that are not able to drive and have mobility issues, they are not very accommodating. There are a few people (activity directors) that work there, that for one reason or another seem to voice their opinion and allow their own opinion to rule. They are only thinking of themselves and not at all of the person who is paying to live there. For over $8,000 a month, I would think they would me a bit more accommodating. Like I said the nurses are wonderful. But, that is it.

Think twice before you consider this place...management has no idea how to run this place it's all about the money here [removed] under payed and understaffed...serious considerations should be given before you put you loved one here or move in

Management no idea what there doing and are very unorganized over works there staff and treats them like crap not to mention there very understaffed. ... that place is a lawsuit waiting to happen think twice before you consider putting your loved one there or move in

Very pleased with MBCC.

As the closest (geographically) relatives my husband and I took on the responsibility of placing one who was used to being highly independent. This person was very resistant to making a move to assisted living but the need was clear. We can't say enough good things about how helpful MBCC was in helping us deal with this challenging situation. Once our relative was moved in, the change in attitude was 180 degrees. We have had nothing but good comments and have made only good observations. Activities, friendly people, clean and beautiful location, and good meals, all contribute to a happy choice.