So Under-Staffed

Head's up! They're so understaffed. I loved my father being in a place but at night there is only one girl to take care of every one of those patients and one girls just can't do it all. He was there for 6 weeks and he's got COPD and Alzheimer's and he got really sick. They called and said he might have to go to the hospital. I went down there an he looked awful, slumped in a chair with food all over his clothes. He looked horrible. I took him to the hospital and turns out he had pneumonia.

My brother's in-laws were both in there for about 2 years. One of them fell and hurt his hip and I know any older person can fall but they just don't watch you like they should.

my husbands mother was here for awhil...

my husbands mother was here for awhile several yrs ago and they were a wonderful place, she loved it there

Our facility has become an established home for men and women who choose to longer live alone or can no longer live safely in their own home, but do not require a skilled nursing facility. We provide assistance where needed, proper nutritional and social interaction in a safe home-like environment, with respect for each persons individuality.

The State of New York Department of Health Adult Services certified Meadowbrook Manor as an Adult Care Facility and routinely evaluates our performance and adherence to the State guidelines. These reports are available upon request.

Our home is a single story building with a living room, dining room, 18 private bedrooms, 1 shared bedroom and 5 bathrooms. It also has 2 offices and a full basement. Outside we have a patio, paved walking path, window boxes, flowerbeds and vegetable garden. Many activities take place in the dining and living room, as well as on the patio and out in the community.