Maple Wood - Springfield, MO has yet not published prices.

I toured this community

The staff was really helpful and answered all of my questions. The food was good we ate lunch here. But mom didn't like that they had no options on food. Over all mom didn't like it she would have had to share a room and a bathroom and they were more expensive. Mom also noticed that not much activity was going on just a bunch of elderly people sitting in wheelchairs not looking healthy.

A Great Fit for my Dad

Maple Wood Alzheimer's Special Care is a great fit for my father, he was not too happy having to make the move there but the staff has been working with him in his transition. I would give the staff a 5+ rating as they are so caring, friendly and they enjoy having my father there. They address him by his first name and he is learning all of their names as well. They keep me well informed both in person and by phone.
My dad is in a private room and they keep it very clean.
In the dining room, they make sure there is an equal mix of both men and women at the tables so they can socialize. There is also a separate dining room for the residents that have advanced dementia and need help eating.
The activities that they offer a just great. There is music they have guests who come in to read books to the residents, there are exercise classes, arts & crafts, puzzles. And they have an 18 seater bus that takes the residents out every 2 weeks on field trips for picnics in the parks, to the zoo and other places.
They also have 24-hour nursing and a doctor who comes once a month for wellness checks and to monitors the resident's meds.
I am so grateful for the help A Place for Mom was able to give me in placing my dad here at Maple Wood Alzheimer's Special Care as I had no clue where to even start searching for a place for him.