Century Pines Assisted Living - Ozark, MO

The staff seems like they truly care for the residents

I took a tour here while looking for a place for my loved one. It’s an older home with a bunch of bedrooms in it and there were some smells in certain parts, though I’m sure it’s simply because of the age of the building. The nurse that gave us the tour was really good with answering our questions and she seemed very knowledgeable about the type of care my loved one would’ve needed. We were shown the rooms and some of them were larger, maybe big enough for a semi private room, but most of them were small and could only house one person. There wasn’t anything truly negative about this place. They were able to meet my expectations as an average facility.

The most depressing, outdated center I have ever seen. I would not let my animal stay there

Great Place

We moved my Dad here per his request because he grew up in Ozark. He was formerly at The Fremont in Springfield because that was close to our house. Century Pines seemed old, confusing and more like the old time rest homes, but I was wrong.
The staff here has been phenomenal. As his Alzheimer's progresses, they have been very patient and gone out of their way to make him comfortable.
The place is very clean and there is always staff to help if I have questions or concerns.
[Removed] personally calls with suggestions and updates. All facilities should follow their personalized lead.

I usually never write a review, but felt it was necessary. They deserve recognition.

Comfort for Dad!

The staff at the Century Pines Assisted Living have been very attentive and welcoming to my father. The place is kept clean and everything seems to be maintained well. The food, from what we have seen, looks very good. We were there for breakfast once and my father had no complaints about it. When we toured the place it felt like it would be the best choice, and we are very happy.

We Didn't Like The Atmosphere

This community would not work for parents. We didn't like the personality of the community. The style and general atmosphere was not a fit.

We are so pleased with this senior living facility. We are convinced that no other place could measure up to the quality of care she is receiving here!

BEWARE

Went to inquire about facility for my father. My first impression was not good inside was not well kept. Met with owner he seemed nice at first but then started talking about how he could falsify government applications for benefits. Needless to say I left and didn't look back.

just like family

It is just like family at Century Pines Assisted Living. They don't have a lot of activities because the residents have Alzheimer. The staff do take them outside and they watch TV. I know they are working on this but I do think they need more staff members here. There was one girl that was there by herself the other day and that made me nervous. But again it's not their fault and they are trying to hire more people. I like this facility because it is just like being home. It actually is a house. They have 10 residents or under. There are 4 or 5 other men that are about the same age as him which is nice. It is not like him being in an institution. I am really happy with this facility.

overall am pleased with the facility

The staff are always nice to family and usually to mom at Century Pines Assisted Living. At this facility they don't have a cart that goes around with the residents medication but they have a medication room that they all have to go to at the same time. Sometimes the residents have to wait a long time in line (10 to 45 minutes) to receive their medication. I just think there has got to be a better way than this. That is the main concern I have about this facility. Overall, most of the staff are nice to her and the care is good. The building is old but clean so that it appears more like an old hotel rather than like a hospital. I like that.

Helpful and caring staff!

Working with Century Pines has been a wonderful experience overall! They made everything so easy and were so helpful during the move-in process. I was taking care of this situation on my own, so every bit of help I got was appreciated. When we arrived they were ready and waiting with some staff members to help us get my loved one moved in! It's a clean, well kept, nice looking facility, and the staff are all very friendly. They've also got a great visiting doctor!

We toured the facility. The layout se...

We toured the facility. The layout seemed a bit complex for someone with dementia. The owner was very nice and I think it is a great place for people with other needs.

WOW! 10 acres. fenced in. Rn. on sta...

WOW! 10 acres. fenced in. Rn. on staff 24/7. Daily devos, activities. Administer meds, do laundry, help with bath, 3 meals (2 choices at each meal), housekeeping. prices 1450 - medium sized private=2550/month, 2 rm suites available. After assets are less than 80k, she qualifies for VA 1050/month (takes 9 months to qualify, so they apply ahead of time, and the money is paid retroactive for the 9 mo application period). Invited us to come and talk with residents. Even if she eventually needs medicaid, she will not be delineated... have millionaire residents, but only accounting knows who is who. She has to be able with assistance to get into a wheel chair, when unable, can be considered "failure to thrive" and can be considered hospice, and then will be able to stay. 709 E. McKraken bring photos, furniture, anything that will make it look and feel like home. She can go for visits, or even say 3 day reunions, and they'll send her meds. They check on patients every 2 hrs in night with flashlights to not wake them. 1st rule, no broken hips, want residents to be careful. will go to get her for meals if she doesn't happen to follow the herd to meals :o), if ill, a tray will be taken to her. "best to not make 2 moves"

Century Pines Assisted Living is an assisted living facility in Ozark, MO. Century Pines Assisted Living offers activities at their location for residents. These activities generally allow residents to maintain healthy lifestyles by encouraging movement and socializing with their peers.
Being able to chat with other residents becomes an important part of many peoples' lives and Century Pines Assisted Living offers common spaces indoors to support that need. The benefit of living in an assisted living community is that making meals can be costly and time consuming process so Century Pines Assisted Living provides meals for residents.