Awful place

This place is horrendous. My sister went for rehab after a broken wrist and toe. She is a dialysis patient and they accepted her with the understanding that she would get a "dialysis bed" - they didn't have one available and never had one available. She was there for 60 days and for the 60 days she was there she was transported out to dialysis 20 times or more and didn't get the therapy she needed to go home. I learned yesterday that she is out of Medicare days and has no option but to be discharged. And they want to know what my plan is.

Place is a mess. They had flooding over a month ago and their dining room and common area are STILL under rehab and the residents eat in their rooms and have no socialization.

Do not send your loved one there.

This was not a good experience.

This was not a good experience. I didn't really feel as if Manor Care was paying much attention to my loved one. We were not very happy with it, and we moved. We tried two Manor Care locations and had the same issues.

We were very concerned after visiting a relative here.

We visited a relative who was at Manor House for rehabilitation. Our general impression was there was a lack
of respect or a sincere attitude to help the person get better. Our relative actually seemed to regress mentally and physically .It was very concerning

This is not a good place, everyone already knows that.

This is not a good place, everyone already knows that. They are not attentive at all. This is a last resort. They are more of a rehab facility than a nursing home or long term solution, only a temporary place until you can find a real home.

Mixed experience here

Our loved one was here for help with a knee injury, but ended up developing a skin condition due to the carpet burn she received when she fell not being treated properly while here. My family ended up needing to take a very active role while she was here to make sure her second injury was not ignored.
The staff are very skilled caregivers, but they were not nearly as attentive as they should have been.

They did a good job rehabilitating her, and getting her back on her feet.

We used the rehab services. We felt in the long term care side the patients were a little more advanced than where she was. They did a good job rehabilitating her, and getting her back on her feet. For the most part the people were friendly, I did have a nurse one time though tell me that she didn't know the names of the residents, to her they were all room numbers. This is by no means what I experienced of the community as a whole but that did leave a sour taste in my mouth.

We got there at a poor time of day. The girl assured me she would be assessed, but I didn't see the safety features we needed and I was concerned to leave. I got a call shortly after I got home that first day. When I came back I couldn't get in, I called them from outside and nobody answered. I finanlly left and couldn't get anyone to answer the phone until 11 o'clock at night. If someone doesn't need care, it would be ok, but if someone needs care this is not the place. My advice is to listen to hear if employees are complaining to each other.

I would not recommend Manor Care to anyone!

They were short staffed, and a lot of the staff there were young. They were friendly, but the things I had to catch should have been caught long before they were. He had a couple of infections while he was there and we found several other issues once he moved. The physical rehab could have done better, and the mental rehab was pretty much non existant. I would not recommend Manor Care to anyone!

Good nursing care

Our loved one has had a few extended stays here, and we've been happy with the service they provide. An extended stay in a nursing facility can be hard on anyone but we liked this place enough to use it more than once. We did have some issues with communication, where they would sometimes contact one branch of the family but not the other, but nothing major. I would recommend this place to those who are looking into skilled nursing care.

Had some issues here

The caregivers here did their jobs well, and dealt with a tough customer like my Dad just fine. However, I really did not like the atmosphere and aesthetics here, it felt very sterile and was just not a good environment. We also had a few personal items of my father's go missing.

Would not recommend

We did not have a good experience here. They really didn't watch the patients, and there was just not a lot of interaction in general. They didn't have activities, they generally just left them all sitting in a big room. There were multiple occasions of Mom's clothes going missing. We would not recommend this place.

Bad and Expensive

They were very bad and very expensive. I would not recommend them to anyone. My father was taken there from an emergency room visit. He has urinary tract issues so any little trauma he gets bleeding in his urinary tract and very painful blood clots. He talked to them about it and so did I and they did nothing. They let that man suffer with that for 3 days even though we spoke with them about it. It was not good at all.

They were completely unresponsive to his needs and to my concerns. I’m dealing with two elderly parents and a brother who is dying from cancer so I really need a lot of help and I got none from those people. They were causing more road blocks than helping.

Manor Care

Very disappointed in how my relative was treated. Made to sleep on the floor. Not fed meals, Not helped to use toilet and left in his own waste for hour when could not wait. Lied about his condition when transferred to another facility. Doctor refused to talk to me about my concerns. D.O.N. awful to deal with.