Living Well Assisted Living, LLC - Bowie, MD

Wonderful assisted living home.

We moved our mother into this home in March 2014 after being told by another home that mom needed a higher level of care. This place was a Godsend! The staff was very attentive to mom's care. They helped with bathing, dressing, polishing her nails, playing games and cards with mom. They did her laundry and straightened up her room. Every resident has their own bedroom. They cooked with fresh vegetables and fruit, and always served home cooked meals. They had holiday cookouts, decorated the home for the seasons. Outside activities people came to visit as did Pets on Wheels. For residents who do not need such one on one care the senior citizen bus will come by to take the residents to the local senior center. Also metro bus will send a handicap accessible bus if you call for one. They held social events so that family could visit and enjoy quality time with their loved one. They has motion alarms in case mom got up at night, they would check on her. They do not have overnight awake staff but did provide caregivers at an additional cost when we needed to have someone with our mom at night once mom became unstable when walking. In the end mom was released from the hospital back to this home and hospice was called. The day that mom passed away I had stayed overnight with mom. The overnight and daytime caregivers and the owner of the home all stayed with me until arrangements had been made. I saw first hand their love for my mom, they cried with me.
I would reccomend this home to anyone needing an assisted living home for their parent.

no overnight supervision available

This is a really good place so far. They are very new and very clean, and fresh. They take really good care of my loved one, and the meals are really, really good. She cuts the vegetables fresh and it always smells so good. It's wonderful, her nails are painted, the care they provide is great. They are very good about putting lotion on her feet and rubbing them and propping them up. Just a wonderful place!