Lincoln Villa

Weekday care is pretty good. Weekend care is terrible.

Good

This is an economical, friendly facility with limited parking.

Requests for assistance are met quickly. Room quality (a double serving as a single) is excellent.

Most residents are wheelchair bound and advanced in dementia. The patio is inviting and well designed with plants and a waterfall.

My only complaint is an unneeded trip to the ER for my wife that resulted in a six-hour wait without admission.

Care for dad

We are very happy with the care from the wonderful and caring staff. The community has a nice environment and is clean and maintained. They offer a good variety of healthy meals. We like that they have activities for the residents. We would recommend this community for the care and the value for other families.

Really nice, great care!

My dad is happier and healthier than ever. That said, I'm a little concerned about the record-keeping in the medical Department. But other than that, my dad, like I said is extremely happy, and in the long run that is really all my family and I care about. The place looks old, they're redoing the carpet Etc. But it's beautiful too. The courtyard is beautiful,the front Gardens are beautiful! We cannot thank the staff enough for all they have done for my dad, and taking so much pressure off our shoulders.

Did not like...

When I walked into the Lincoln Villa, it reminded me of a really old place like when my grandmother was in a nursing home. The place was icky and did not seem like a place that anyone would want to live in, I would not recommend it. The people were very friendly, though, but I could not get passed the overall atmosphere.

The person I dealt with was extremely nice and helpful. The place is about a 3, but clean. Their cost includes everything; no extra costs that they add to their monthly cost. Also, they do work with Medical when your money is gone.

A pleasant community

The only thing I had an issue with was the call button. We had to get a phone line installed in order to use the wireless call button, which was on a wrist band. This took several days and in the meantime my mother-in-law had no way to call for help at night, since her room was far away from the nurse's station. The staff seemed efficient and kind, althoughI got the impression from talking with other patients that they are a little understaffed. A couple of residents who had been there a while told me they liked the place. My mother-in-law liked the meals that were served, which they pureed to make it easier to eat. It is not a high-end place but it is clean and decent and they interact nicely with residents. There were also a lot of residents without dementia, and a number of people greeted us when we came to visit and seemed very friendly. The administration was good at answering my questions. The Kaiser Hospice was really great and added to our good experience.

Great place

Think they do an excellent job overall at Lincoln Villa, I'd give them top marks across the board. I toured quite a few different places when I was looking into care options for my loved one, and nowhere really clicked until I found Lincoln Villa. It's a very nice place, and they've done a great job looking after my loved one.

They have been absolutely delightful.

They have been absolutely delightful. The price was right. They have accommodated us well. She is comfortable there, they take very good care of her. They helped her make the move very well. The administrators are good there. I would highly recommend them, they are very friendly and knowledgeable. They might not have live Frank Sinatra music playing all day, but it's a great place!!!

Peace of Mind

My husband is at Lincoln Villa. I have been very pleased with the facility. He is not able to participate in the activities but I am sure they are as great as everything else. They were having a Luau for the residents and families the day my husband moved in. Especially since I still work full-time, it is great to have peace of mind, knowing he is well cared for.

I would give them a strong four

It was a good transition for her. I would give them a strong four, there is always room for improvement but they do a good job. They keep it clean and the staff is friendly. She doesn't complain about the food, or being bored, there are plenty of activities. Things are going very well and we are pleased.

Very impressed with Lincoln...

Very impressed with Lincoln Villa. Very nice people, nice facility and the best cost of all visited. This is my first consideration.

I have to stay on top of things to make sure they get done.

I have to stay on top of things to make sure they get done. The food itself is o.k. but he isn't able to eat everything, and they aren't very good about accommodating special dietary needs. The communication between the caretakers, especially during the changing of the shifts, is not good. There are times when it is busy and times when there is nothing to do, but I think they could use a little more staff. They could do a little more in the way of personal attention. I liked that they had L.P.N. nurses on staff, and I thought they had a R.N. too, but I have never seen one there. I liked the nice patio area with flowers, and tables with umbrellas, a nice private place to visit. Unfortunately due to health issues we aren't able to go out there much, and often end up visiting in the activities room, which can be depressing, and chaotic. There are some residents that aren't very agreeable, they can be distracting and confusing. I recommend that anyone looking go and sit in the activity room and see what people are there and what they do and see if your loved one can handle that environment.

Saw this place first. It is not as el...

Saw this place first. It is not as elegant as what he is used to in MD. The people seem older. But I would choose this over Merrill Gardens becuase it seemed to be more suited for medical support and long term care. It was also closer to home than the others.

Too expensive $2500 mo. & cable & med...

Too expensive $2500 mo. & cable & med ins & co-pays, clothing, misc care items, etc. Residents didn't seem "happy" although maybe the more cheery folks were on the luncheon field trip. Overall nice place & nice rooms.

Lincoln Villa is a lovely community dedicated to assisted senior living. Not only is the community a wonderful place for seniors to live together and enjoy their golden years, but it is a safe environment where adult children can be assured that their parents are well taken care of. The goal of the staff at Lincoln Villa is to provide seniors with any assistance that they may need while also allowing residents to be independent. No one wants to feel babied in their advanced age, and at Lincoln Villa, we pride ourselves on giving loving service that allows residents to live their own lives. Anyone who has an elderly parent, and is concerned for their well-being, should come take a look at Lincoln Villa and determine if we are the right fit for your family. We pride ourselves on excellent service and offering a wonderful home for seniors who simply want to enjoy their latter years.