Lincoln Square - Grand Rapids, MI

I really liked this place super friendly and interaction with residents was friendly and helpful. Problem for us is no internet in apartments and distance to get there.

Holiday Marketing

Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review of your tour at Lincoln Square. Please let us know if there is anything we can assist you with. Have a wonderful day!

Lincoln Square staff and amenities are adequate and helpful to maintain independence.

This is a lovely community, and my father is being well cared for here. The staff is great, they have been wonderful to work with. They do a great job keeping everything nice, and clean. It has been a lovely experience, and I would recommend this community.

Going okay!

Actually my mom does not want to be here anymore. She is having a rough time with the transition. She said that she hates the place and that she just wants to go home. The staff has tried to get her involved and mom did play some Bingo. We think that they are good people.

Holiday Retirement

We are so sorry to hear your mother is experiencing a difficult transition to our community. While we are very happy to hear our staff has been helpful in trying to get her involved, and was even successful in getting her to play Bingo, we never like hearing our residents are experiencing a difficult transition. We certainly understand - moves are difficult and challenging at any age - but we want to make sure we are doing as much as we can to ease this transition. Please don't hesitate to reach out to any one of us - we are here to help and serve our residents, and make their retirement unforgettable! Thank you so much, we appreciate your reaching out!

Good choice

We have found Lincoln Square to be a very warm and friendly place. The staff take a special interest in every resident and their families as well. The food is very good, and love all the options for lunch. I believe the cost is in the median range compared to other places. I would recommend Lincoln Square to anyone needing an alternate living arrangement.

I think they have been doing a good job for dad.

I think they have been doing a good job for dad. They are good about responding to questions, or maintenance issue. It's pretty clean and the staff is friendly. There are a few issues. The building is getting old, and could use a little updating. They don't have a regular managerial staff, it will be a couple for a few days, then a couple from another facility, they always seem to be bouncing around and having a fill in. The activities seem to be geared more towards the ladies, and they have pretty much already formed their groups that play cards and such. The activities guy, will do something different each day, trivia or something like that, and there is a garden outside, but they can't really get anyone to work in it, they have horseshoes, but that is only outside. The dining area also has some issues. They seem to have reduced the number of servers and dinner is where you feel that the most. It has lengthened the amount of time for service, and they seem to want you to clear out as soon as you are done, so there is a little bit of a rush there. The food itself has it's good days and it's lean days. I don't much care for the idea of a hot dog, as an alternative on the menu. The desserts could really use some spiffing up, sometimes the jello doesn't have any taste at all, and if things don't get eaten the first day, they come out as left overs, and things like carrot cake get quite dry.

highly recommended

Staff is truly wonderful, caring and so very helpful people. Live as independently as you wish but assisted care is there when and if you need it for a short time or for extended care. Many accommodations to make living there as enjoyable and as carefree as you wish. I just moved my parents there and am actually considering moving in myself.

Fabulous Place!

This place is amazing! They not only welcomed my parents with open arms, but loaned them some furniture until we could get all of their items here from northern MI. Jim and Deb are incredible individuals with big hearts and the knowledge of what people who are making such a transition need. They also understand from the family's perspective. They offer so much in terms of programming, activities and care. Lincoln Square is a blessing!

We had a wonderful time her...

We had a wonderful time here. Jim the Manager was delightful and funny, really loves his job. We meet many residents and got lots of information. This was the one place we enjoyed lunch and our host was a delightful, and the food was good. We would consider this place next time around.

Looked like a great place

I toured this location when I was looking into a senior apartment. This was one of the two that I was very impressed by, and as it turns out the two that I liked the most were owned by the same company! I ended up moving into the other location, but everything here looked great as well. It was a nice looking place, the staff were all very friendly, and it looked like they had plenty for the residents to do.

They have great staff, it's a wonderful place.

They have great staff, it's a wonderful place. We have housekeeping once a week. I was looking for good activities and they have great activities, it's the reason we chose it. It would be nice if there were some things on the weekends. The food is good.

My husband and I visited th...

My husband and I visited this one together and thought it was very nice. Everyone seemed pleasant and the food was good. when we toured I thought we could be in an independent facility;however, I now see that we need a secure place for just my husband.

Gourmet Food

(Activities Not Rated has not had a chance to participate) The way the community looks is so elegant. We found other places like this for a higher price. They really gave us the best rate in town. The meals are excellent have had a chance to try the crabs, salad, soup and a few other meals and each one of those was excellent. The people here are just wonderful. I would absolutely recommend this community to anyone.

One great place to live! Al...

One great place to live! All the staff really go out of there way to meet the needs of its residents,they are allways friendly,with a smile. The decor is very tasteful and every inich is very clean. Any maintenance issues are resolved quickly.It sets in a almost country like setting with views of lush green grass with trees in the background again all well maintained and groomed. Which is all very nice but the important thing is the care and concern for the tenants.

Wonderful facility. People and food w...

Wonderful facility. People and food were A+. Lots of activity.

I toured loved it, mom was for it the...

I toured loved it, mom was for it then when I went to pay rent @ Whispering woods told them I was moving her they offered to put her in a 1 bdr for alot less than we were paying. So me will see what they offer for now. Thank you for all your help!

Toured Lincoln Square. Very nice.

Toured Lincoln Square. Very nice.

Beautiful facility with lots of fancy...

Beautiful facility with lots of fancy artwork. Very new and modern. Not much resident activity at time there. Apartments did not have stove top.

Situated in a beautiful, rural landscape just five minutes from downtown Grand Rapids, you’ll love the peaceful elegance of our grounds and facilities while enjoying all the conveniences of the city. We’re close to shopping, dining, healthcare and wonderful entertainment.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind