Life's Journey Senior Living - Mattoon, IL

• On-site Maintenance Personnel
  • Laundry services
  • Memory Care Services
  • Secure Memory Unit

My worst nightmare come true

I toured here when I was trying to find a place to take my mother-in-law and the facility was recommended to me by a hospital she was staying at. I wouldn’t let my [Removed] stay here. This place was worse than any retirement home nightmare. They were putting 2 twin beds in a very small room (smaller than a normal hotel room), each resident/roommate got a 3ft cubby area for storage and there was a toilet sitting in the middle of the room with no door. There was no way you had privacy in the restroom, even if your roommate was laying down. They would push the patients in front of a TV, a fish tank, or a bird cage and that’s where they would leave them for the whole day. It took me almost two weeks to get the image of this place out of my head. I would NOT recommend this place to anyone.

A good place!!

The staff seem to be involved with the residents and they try to keep them active. I like how they are always wanting to come up and share how dad is doing. The food looks good and they have a variety of options. The community seems to be clean. They offer activities such as checkers, cards and bingo. I would recommend this community.

It Has Been Fantastic

Really it has just been fantastic. All I can say about the place is that they were just really good all across the board. I have no complaints with Gowin Parc. The staff there is very easy to get along with.

They are doing really well.

They are doing really well. I think mom likes the food. She has never had a complaint about anything, the people or anything. She likes everyone, and they treat her well. The girls are nice. I heard nothing but good things about this place, and so far they have lived up to it.

Review of Gowin Parc of Mattoon Memory Care Community Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Mattoon, IL

A caring, respectful staff and organized approach to elder care: I couldn't before pleased with my husband's care

Life's Journey Senior Living - Mattoon is a unique memory care community. We provide 24 hour nursing and assistance for your loved one with an emphasis on individualized care and attention for all levels of dementia. Our home is set up into two buildings with four separate houses providing a cozy environment which includes; private dining, spacious living rooms with fireplaces, studio apartments, outdoor activity areas including patios, gardens, gazebo, and koi fish pond.

Located off Interstate 57, and under an hour’s drive to Interstates 70 and 72. A small town of eighteen thousand, Mattoon grew its roots during the railroad explosion of the late nineteenth century and has maintained a small town charm throughout the years

The area boasts two nursing colleges; the nationally recognized Lake Land College and Lakeview College of Nursing. In addition, Eastern Illinois University is just fifteen minutes away with its acclaimed Gerontology program.

Our proximity to these schools affords us the opportunity to employ some of the best and brightest to care for your loved one.

Our staff to neighbor ratio is what sets us apart from other communities, and when combined with our individualized approaches for all levels of care we feel Life's Journey can offer comfort, acceptance, love and support for the individual and their family.

Activities are scheduled every day. We provide music entertainment from an outside source at least once a week, we go on weekly outings and one special event outing once a month