Heritage Woods of Charleston - Charleston, IL

Not a safe place for mom

We moved our Mother here thinking she would be safe. After repeated requests for her to get a life line button for her, they told us that they didn't have any that were working and had to wait for one. After being there only 3 weeks she fell in her bathroom and cried out for help. She had a brain bleed, broken hip and arm. She is now in a nursing home. Hertiage in Charleston and home office in Bradley have repeatedly lied to us about returning money that we had paid them in advance. Shameful

Poor nursing cate

Extremely poor nursing care, not safe, my parent was overdosed on a blood thinner and antibiotics were not given at all, that were prescribed by doctor. [Removed]is a common occurrence, every time she would leave her room, to go to the hospital, a staff person with a key would go through her things and take something, if it had any value.

Heritage Woods is a fantastic community! The staff are caring and supportive! I love working with all of the staff.

Has gone downhill fast

This place has really gone downhill. Food is terrible, no nurtricious and repetitive. Nursing care is minimal and very not client friendly. Huge CNA staff turnover.

Not Happy With Care

My mother has lived at Heritage for just a few months and I can honestly say I am not pleased with the care given. We are looking to move her elsewhere due to the lack of quality staff, especially when it comes to nursing. It seems their CNA's change on a regular basis which can be confusing for my mom. Not to mention the fact that her laundry is frequently lost, medications are not given on time and it is not uncommon for her apartment to be unclean. I used to hear nothing but good things about Heritage prior to moving mom in, I am upset as to what it has turned out to be. This age group deserves much more for the money we are paying them.

Welcoming and Pleasant

They are very welcoming and very pleasant and everyone is always willing to do anything, even if it is not in their job description. They do have a problem with keeping CNA's though, and they are short-staffed sometimes.

Extremely pleased!

We have all been impressed with the staff and the facility. Each and every staff member we have had contact with has been very friendly and efficient. The meals we have had there were very nice and the service was outstanding. Our family members who now live there are extremely pleased with their choice of facilities. Even tho there is a schedule for laundry or trash pick up, it is done whenever staff come to the room, if needed. My family members are so relieved to not have to worry about setting up their meds or taking a fingerstick blood sugar, or anything else, for that matter. There is an adjustment period for staff to get used to their medication schedule preferences. But, I highly recommend Heritage Woods of Charleston!

Heritage Woods of Charleston is a quaint set of senior living apartments located in the heart of Charleston, Illinois.It offers a home for aging loved ones who want to maintain their independence with just a little help. At Heritage Woods of Charleston, we pride ourselves in providing a safe community for your aging loved ones. Heritage Woods of Charleston offers much more than a home - it offers a community where you can feel comfortable leaving your loved ones. Each of the studio and one-bedroom apartments has a kitchenette, private bathroom, and an emergency response system to give you peace of mind. Heritage Woods of Charleston also has a convenience store, a barber/beauty shop, an exercise room, and several other amenities to make your loved one's home feel like a community. You can feel assured knowing that all of your loved one's needs are met when living at Heritage Woods of Charleston.