Brookstone Of Mattoon North - Mattoon, IL

The staff is phenomenal

This community really exceeds my expectations. I knew as soon as I walked in the door that this would be my home. Everyone here is absolutely phenomenal. It’s like a family here and you get to make great friends with everyone. At first, when I learned that there is assigned seating in the dining room I thought it was weird. I understand why they do it though. It makes it easier for you to meet new people and make friends. The staff is wonderful, personable, and friendly. [Removed], who is the maintenance man, is so helpful. I was trying to hang plates on the wall and was having a tough time but he came in and hung them up perfectly in 20 minutes. He even offered to hang my bird feeder and flag outside on my patio. All of the staff has a good sense of humor too. They get to know you really well and can tell when you don’t feel good. Even the cleaning lady is phenomenal. Once a week she comes in, strips the bed, cleans the apartment, and does my laundry. The wait staff is good and the chefs are excellent. They serve 3 meals a day and offer 2 options for each meal. I can even make special requests like asking for no gravy on my meatballs. They’re really good about doing that for you. Between meal times they have coffee, fresh baked cookies, and fruit set out for snacks. What I really like is every week the staff holds a food council meeting. They ask if we have any complaints or changes that we would like to see and they actually listen and take notes. Last week we had a complaint with how the food wasn’t very hot when we were served and this week the food is coming out a lot hotter. The facility is very, very clean but it doesn’t smell like cleaning products either. I really like the features this community has to offer. They have a wonderful library with computers and they have an aviary with finches in it. They do allow you to bring your cats and dogs with you as well. The whole building has Wi-Fi and every room has extended cable. I have a 3 bedroom apartment with a full sized kitchen. My bathroom is nice sized and it has plenty of storage. For activities, they offer memory classes, bingo, Wii bowling, exercise classes, 10 AM coffee socials, and at 2 PM they have game time. The other thing I really love is they staff provide me an emergency pendant so if anything happens; I know they will be there to assist me quickly. I would absolutely recommend this community.

Enjoying This Community, Hoping to Return

Currently my father is in rehab , but I'am hoping once he recovers he can return . He was really enjoying his time at this community , it is really nice facility . This community has a good , positive atmosphere . He was really comfortable here . He was eating well , and even gained some weight . It is a good environment for him , and I'am satisfied with this community . The staff is very friendly , and helpful . If someone had similar needs to my father , I would recommend this community .

They are amazing!

I have nothing but good things to say about the Brookstone Of Mattoon North. My mother really loves it. She is enjoying everything from the meals, to activities, to the housekeeping. They even do her laundry. We are very pleased with this community.

A nice community.

The staff are good. The only downfall I see is that there is currently only one manager that moves between two locations. They offer daily activities. Mom said there is good days and bad days with the food. They keep the community clean and I would recommend it.

Mom Is Much Better Here

It is going really well for my mom. Her doctor was shocked to see her much better, her blood pressure is down. The staff are great. She has joined a walking group, chair exercise and does crafts with the kids from the local school. She loves the meals and the option to choose her meal, she is eating better too.

Good Care

This community is very nice. They have a very clean environment . The staff is very nice and helpful. They do offer activities,but right now she is not participating. I would recommend this community to other families.

Mom loves it there!

Walking into Brookstone you'll notice what an immaculate place it is from outside in. Mom is still able to care for herself and is able to come and go as she pleases which she loves. The staff have been remarkable friendly and the Mom really enjoys the food there. I f you are considering a place for your loved one I'd definitely say to go check out the place and see for yourself just how amazing it is!

Good Neighbor Care carries on the Brookstone tradition, providing a senior care program that supports individual freedom and promotes the dignity of each resident. Brookstone communities are all nestled in small Illinois towns of 10,000 to 20,000 residents where families can feel satisfied their loved ones are receiving high quality care in a stress-free environment.

All Brookstone Estates independent living communities are modern, attractive and impeccably maintained, offering gracious ambiance while meeting the unique needs of each individual resident. The facilities offer a full range of services and amenities for a single, all-inclusive, yet affordable price. Meals, housekeeping, laundry, a personal response system, 24-hour staffing and other services are all part of the package.

Individual apartments at Brookstone communities offer not only comfort, convenience and the opportunity for friendly sociability but also the assurance of privacy. Residents all receive keys to their new home making privacy and security simply a matter of closing the front door. Residents may also bring personal furnishings to maintain the utmost level of familiarity and comfort.

Supportive Living Facility (SLF) Status

Brookstone's Mattoon North community is one of seven Brookstone facilities that have been designated to participate in the Illinois Supportive Living Facility (SLF) program, which is the state’s Medicaid waiver program. The SLF designation allows residents eligible for nursing home care to take advantage of their Medicaid benefits even though they don’t need or want skilled nursing services. The SLF program pays 60 percent of the state’s nursing rates — so close to the private-pay rates at Brookstone that the program is almost like an insurance policy for occupancy